Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Problem With 90 Day Check In for Retirement Visa

Sexyfarangman

2 hours ago, Sexyfarangman said:

I don't understand. I have a 12 month retirement Visa. What is an authorization of stay? Can any of the Visa services in Pattaya help me straighten this problem out?

A 12-months Retirement visa would mean you get a non-OA visa, but you talk about doing a visarun to get 90 days, so that would mean you have a multi-non-O, and then you can't stay more than 90 days in Thailand (even if you make a 90-Days report!)

To be clear about that:

1. What kind of visa do you have ?
  2. What is your date of Entry in Thailand ?
  3. and your "Admitted Until" date ?   (both 2 & 3 on your entry stamp)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Edge said:

I confess that I've not followed it on Thaivisa for a couple of months, plus we have to remember that although the Regulations are set in stone, enforcement and interpretation are not.

I hear what you're saying about it being easier to snare farang at Immigration, but I got the impression that they were using that to get to the House Master.
The logic of that is that if he hasn't reported one then there are likely to be lots more offences to fine him for.
Plus they do actually want the Landlords to comply.

For a foreigner staying in a hotel, I don't see what offence he has committed.
The only farang who must complete a TM30 are those who are also the House Master, and in theory they should not only be completing for themselves, but also for any (foreign) house guests they have.  

I agree...  Immigration trying to get landlords to follow their rules when they haven't had to do so for years!  

The farang is caught in a catch 22...damned if the landlord does not follow the law... and fined (1600 commonly reported fine, but also reported can go to 5k) for the landlord's transgressions too...

I understand that if you own your own place, you have to file your own TM30... 

I also understand that the TM30 needs to be filed within 24hrs of your arrival...

As I rent (month to month), I was unclear how Immigration would react if I tried to file the TM30 on my own (if the owner won't comply) so will try this to gauge their reaction/response... most likely they will tell me to go to landlord... and I will be ready with "I try already.. they not want do... I try be goodguy"  555

I am guessing they will then make their "service" offer for 20k...:Anger:

1 hour ago, Sexyfarangman said:

But how do I update that information? I brought a rental receipt and business card from the hotel but was still rejected. I don't mind paying an extra 1600 baht if that is all that's involved. But it appears to me that it's not that simple. The Immigration office at Jomtien was quite insistent that the landlord comply with the requirements.

I believe they want your landlord to file a TM30 on your stay/rental... 

I got a copy of the TM30 form  (notification of alien at residence) from Immigration a month ago... Give that to your landlord and have them file...  They have to file the completed form with a copy of their blue book/house book (don't know what the Thai's call it), and a signed copy of the owner ID...

The landlord is supposed to get a receipt!...  You need that receipt to satisfy Immigration...

If they won't do it... You will have to consult with Immigration... (see my previous post above about what I will try)

Note: if you try to do a temp rental elsewhere (aka a change of residence to get around this... you will need to be aware and file TM28 (change of address) too...  as you were longtime in country...  see this helpful Thaivisa thread:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1002161-address-reort-form/?tab=comments#comment-12272972

5 hours ago, Edge said:

5 hours ago, Edge said:

The point is that they can if they choose to, quite easily it seems.
I assume that the database simply doesn't show an address for him.
One of those things they can enforce or not as they please.
You don't say which is your immigration office but Pattaya has been fining people and hotels (House Masters).
If you search Thaivisa you can find out more.

Far more shifty people in Pattaya who they need to keep tabs on. Up here in Isaan nobody gives a fuck.:D

25 minutes ago, Insomniac said:

Confusing post na?

4 hours ago, Saddic said:

4 hours ago, Saddic said:

I believe they want your landlord to file a TM30 on your stay/rental... 

I got a copy of the TM30 form  (notification of alien at residence) from Immigration a month ago... Give that to your landlord and have them file...  They have to file the completed form with a copy of their blue book/house book (don't know what the Thai's call it), and a signed copy of the owner ID...

The landlord is supposed to get a receipt!...  You need that receipt to satisfy Immigration...

If they won't do it... You will have to consult with Immigration... (see my previous post above about what I will try)

Note: if you try to do a temp rental elsewhere (aka a change of residence to get around this... you will need to be aware and file TM28 (change of address) too...  as you were longtime in country...  see this helpful Thaivisa thread:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1002161-address-reort-form/?tab=comments#comment-12272972

Fortunately, I got the issue resolved this afternoon with the hotel manager. We both went to immigration and got all the paperwork filed. I never had any idea the process was so complicated. I also learned that my non-immigrant O visa expires if I leave Thailand. I have to get a special multi-entry visa for 3800 baht.

28 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

I have to get a special multi-entry Visa for 3800 baht.
Thank you for visiting us!

Or a single reentry permit for 1,000 baht.

1 hour ago, kahoy said:

Or a single reentry permit for 1,000 baht.

I think it's 1900 baht for a single re-entry. I always thought the retirement visa was automatically multi-entry. I believe I had been told that by the Thai Consulate in New York. It's a good thing I learned otherwise before exiting the country.

40 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

I think it's 1900 baht for a single re-entry.

I always thought the retirement Visa was automatically multi-entry.  //

It's 1'000 for single-entry and 3'800 for multiple-reentry

And yes, the "Retirement Visa" (OA visa) is multiple-entry already, but many people use this term for other visa or extension and it makes very confusing information on forum like this one...

You don't need a re-entry permit the first year with a non-OA or a multiple non-O

12 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

It's 1'000 for single-entry and 3'800 for multiple-reentry

And yes, the "Retirement Visa" (OA Visa) is multiple-entry already, but many people use this term for other Visa or extension and it makes very confusing information on forum like this one...

You don't need a re-entry permit the first year with a non-OA or a multiple non-O

I thought the non-immigrant O was the retirement visa.That is what I have. The website of the Thai Consulate in NYC states: "Living a retirement life in Thailand" when referencing the visa I have, and it even says it is a multiple entry visa. However, you appear to be saying that it is different from a retirement visa, and that is why it is not multiple entry. 

7 hours ago, Oukiva said:

A 12-months Retirement Visa would mean you get a non-OA Visa, but you talk about doing a visarun to get 90 days, so that would mean you have a multi-non-O, and then you can't stay more than 90 days in Thailand (even if you make a 90-Days report!)

To be clear about that:

1. What kind of Visa do you have ?
  2. What is your date of Entry in Thailand ?
  3. and your "Admitted Until" date ?   (both 2 & 3 on your entry stamp)

I have the 12 month non-immigrant visa. (June 26, 2017-June 25, 2018). I thought it was a multi-entry visa because that's how it is identified on the website of the Thai Consulate in NYC. However, today I learned in Jomtien that it's single entry - contrary to what is stated on the Consulate's New York website. I thought that my 90 day check-in could be avoided if I left Thailand and returned. This whole process has me totally confused. 

Where it says number of entries  , It should have M  for multiple entry  . S  for single entry  

1 minute ago, worldpunter said:

Where it says number of entries  , It should have M  for multiple entry  . S  for single entry  

The long stay instructions explicitly state multiple, but that isn't really the case. https://www.thaicgny.com/ภาษาอ-งกฤษ-english-version/visa-service/non-immigrant-visa/

29 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

I thought the non-immigrant O was the retirement Visa.That is what I have. The website of the Thai Consulate in NYC states: "Living a retirement life in Thailand" when referencing the Visa I have, and it even says it is a multiple entry Visa. However, you appear to be saying that it is different from a retirement Visa, and that is why it is not multiple entry. 

When the current visa expires you will get 'an extension based on retirement' hence the commonly used term Retirement Visa.

If you plan to go out of a Thailand and back in then make sure you get a Multiple Entry permit at the same time or you'll have to start the whole visa process all over again.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

As world punter says, the visa stamp in your passport will have an 'M' on it if multiple.

12 minutes ago, davidge said:

When the current Visa expires you will get 'an extension based on retirement' hence the commonly used term Retirement Visa.

If you plan to go out of a Thailand and back in then make sure you get a Multiple Entry permit at the same time or you'll have to start the whole Visa process all over again.

Yes, I learned that today. But I still don't understand why the Thai Consulate's NYC website states that the type of visa I have is multiple entry.

I guess it can be   . At the time of application they ask you do you want single or multiple entry  ? Price is different  . Personally I always go in person to the Embassy but in London not US  . But should be same world over  .   Have you got an S  or a M  in your visa in your passport   ? 

2 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

Yes, I learned that today. But I still don't understand why the Thai Consulate's NYC website states that the type of Visa I have is multiple entry.

It is available as a Single Entry (S) and as a Multiple Entry (M). I assume yours has 'S' on it.

I know some consulates were stopped from giving out any Multiple Entry visas earlier this year (Cardiff Consulate told me when I was there) so that may be the case with NY.

In any case, you can't just depend on what the websites say as they aren't always up to date. 

Here you go:

IMG_7406.JPG.db5bdae7bb01dbba41f75bcbbabf1615.JPGIMG_7407.JPG.17e75168743ed0d2e4f33b13d36caaf8.JPG

It clearly shows on the visa if it is Multiple entry or Single Entry.

21 minutes ago, worldpunter said:

I guess it can be   . At the time of application they ask you do you want single or multiple entry  ? Price is different  . Personally I always go in person to the Embassy but in London not US  . But should be same world over  .   Have you got an S  or a M  in your Visa in your passport   ? 

I wasn't asked that. There was a flat fee of $200 USD for my visa.

3 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

I wasn't asked that. There was a flat fee of $200 USD for my Visa.

That's the fee for the Multiple. Sounds like they made a mistake. Too late now. :wacko:

Also no help to you, sorry, but it's one of the reasons I always recommend entering Thailand on a Tourist Visa then sorting out the long-stay visa once you're there. You can always find help to sort out any problems, one way or another.

27 minutes ago, davidge said:

It is available as a Single Entry (S) and as a Multiple Entry (M). I assume yours has 'S' on it.

I know some consulates were stopped from giving out any Multiple Entry Visas earlier this year (Cardiff Consulate told me when I was there) so that may be the case with NY.

In any case, you can't just depend on what the websites say as they aren't always up to date. 

Just checked my visa. It has an "M" on it. So why was I told I need to pay 3800 baht for multiple entry?

Just now, davidge said:

Also no help to you, sorry, but it's one of the reasons I always recommend entering Thailand on a Tourist Visa then sorting out the long-stay Visa once you're there. You can always find help to sort out any problems, one way or another.

But the Consulate is supposed to sort out all that information. There is a disconnect between my visa, which says it's multiple entry, and what I was told today. 

Just now, Sexyfarangman said:

Just checked my Visa. It has an "M" on it. So why was I told I need to pay 3800 baht for multiple entry?

???? No idea. You have a multiple entry.

I can only assume you misunderstood and they were talking about what you'll need to do at the end of your current visa. You'll need to Apply for the extension based on retirement AND get a multiple entry permit if you plan to travel outside Thailand.

If you get the extension but NOT the permit then you'd have to get a completely new visa once again.

Archived