IGNORED

Good Italian Restaurant

Theres a really nice Italian restaurant on Beach Road, think its called Hops or something similar. Food is good but atmosphere is what makes it - live music (jazz/soul stuff when I was there).  Bit more classy but a nice place to take a date/BF etc.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bad, its called the Hopf Brew House

and its not an Italian restaurant - more like a European place. But I noticed most people ordered the pizza which was excellent. Anyway it was a really good when I was there. 

3 hours ago, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

My bad, its called the Hopf Brew House

and its not an Italian restaurant - more like a European place. But I noticed most people ordered the pizza which was excellent. Anyway it was a really good when I was there. 

no you were right the first time. although very similar and if you are german probably the same the signs now read Hops Brew House

Yes I was getting confused because I couldn't find anything called Hops after I googled it, but did find a few YouTube videos with a place called Hopf. But these videos are about 3 years old. Did they change the name to Hops ?   Hops is the name I remember - it was on beach road but also on the corner of one of the sois near WS end. And it was a big place, stretching right down the soi (soi 13 maybe ?).

7 minutes ago, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

Yes I was getting confused because I couldn't find anything called Hops after I googled it, but did find a few YouTube videos with a place called Hopf. But these videos are about 3 years old. Did they change the name to Hops ?   Hops is the name I remember - it was on beach road but also on the corner of one of the sois near WS end. And it was a big place, stretching right down the soi (soi 13 maybe ?).

it is at the junction of beach road and soi 13/1 aka soi yomoto. the name alteration was roughly 8/9 months ago

taken march 7th..................

59e2a961d7c59_march7019(Custom).JPG.5591b0712bbf6a1f69d630df58d00ff7.JPG

Yep, thats it ! 

I'd never heard of it, but a nice Soi 6 lady took me there after I barfined her for the night. She raved about it

Must admit I was impressed - the food was great, and it had a great vibe. 

On 9/3/2017 at 21:38, alexvsaf said:

For italian restaurant in Pattaya, La Taverna del Passatore have a great value for money.

Haven't come across this restaurant before, sounds (and looks) quite good.

Do they sell bottles of wine? Range, price?

If anyone visits sometime and can take a photo of the menu, that would be good information.

1 hour ago, Sticky Fingers said:

The owner posts the daily specials on his Facebook page around 5 PM Pattaya time. You can look back on FB and at least see some of the specials.

4 hours ago, Sticky Fingers said:

Do they sell bottles of wine? Range, price?

If anyone visits sometime and can take a photo of the menu, that would be good information.

yes they have some bottles of wine. price around 800/1000baht i think, but i never ordered a wine.

there is an Italian place directly across from subway that is a beautiful place, with really good Italian food for reasonable prices

2 minutes ago, just hanging said:

there is an Italian place directly across from subway that is a beautiful place, with really good Italian food for reasonable prices

which subway?

On 03/09/2017 at 00:13, alexvsaf said:

Alby & Miky is the name of the restaurant

On soi Buakhao in a small alley in front of the hospital have also La Taverna Del Passatore.
cheap price and very big portions

I like Alby and Mikys. Pastas for 170-240 , always cooked well to Al dente, not over or under. Comes with bread and Parmesan cheese.

Only problem is one time I got ill from the gorgonzola sauce but considering I've been there like more than a dozen times not a bad hit rate.

:) bangkok - 2 months :D chiang mai - 5 months :P pattaya - 6 trips and counting 
ผมไม่พูดภาษาไทย...ไม่เป็นไร!!

21 hours ago, striderman said:

which subway?

sorry meant to write jomtien    oops

La Taverna

I just got back from an excellent dinner at PanPan Restaurant in NaJomtien, close to Ambassador hotel. They also have branches in Central Pattaya and Jomtien , near the interesction of Tappraya and Thepprasit RD, opposite the airport bus station. Been eating at Panpan since 2004, always good!

1 hour ago, Encora said:

I just got back from an excellent dinner at PanPan Restaurant in NaJomtien, close to Ambassador Hotel. They also have branches in Central Pattaya and Jomtien , near the interesction of Tappraya and Thepprasit RD, opposite the airport bus station. Been eating at Panpan since 2004, always good!

There are better places now. 

2 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

There are better places now. 

Like bar girls, quality is in the eyes of the beholder.
I have eaten in a lot of good and mediocre Italian restaurants around the globe.
I have also eaten in some atrocious Italian restaurants.
All I am saying is we (4 of us) had an excellent meal at Panpan Ban Amphur.

And that quality has been consistent in that restaurant over several years, which is more then can be said about some fly by night operators in Pattaya....

YMMV

On 16/10/2017 at 15:49, Encora said:

I just got back from an excellent dinner at PanPan Restaurant in NaJomtien, close to Ambassador Hotel. They also have branches in Central Pattaya and Jomtien , near the interesction of Tappraya and Thepprasit RD, opposite the airport bus station. Been eating at Panpan since 2004, always good!

Tried Pan Pan in Jomtien last trip. Absolutely dreadful. 

Terrible service, poor food and the House wine had clearly gone off & was totally undrinkable. Staff couldn’t care less.

Edit: I put a short review on TripAdvisor

B69DB49F-79EC-4E24-A16E-FA23623F6F8D.thumb.jpeg.a7e7ad7abe3f272d96d4888c7d93bf2b.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I've tried a fair few Italian places and in general the standard here always seems to be good.

Marco's on Theppraya road Jomtien

La Bacco in Jomtien at the light junction

La Bocca in Na  Jomtien next door to Glasshouse.

May of got the names mixed up for Bocca and Bacco.

Also a nice one on second road near to Soi 6 name escapes me.

1 minute ago, Czmate said:

I've tried a fair few Italian places and in general the standard here always seems to be good.

Marco's on Theppraya road Jomtien

La Bacco in Jomtien at the light junction

La Bocca in Na  Jomtien next door to Glasshouse.

May of got the names mixed up for Bocca and Bacco.

Yes, the one by the lights in Jomtien is La Bocca. I find it pretty good, though not cheap.

13 hours ago, Czmate said:

Bella Italia.

16 hours ago, davidge said:

Tried Pan Pan in Jomtien last trip. Absolutely dreadful. 

Terrible service, poor food and the House wine had clearly gone off & was totally undrinkable. Staff couldn’t care less.

Edit: I put a short review on TripAdvisor

B69DB49F-79EC-4E24-A16E-FA23623F6F8D.thumb.jpeg.a7e7ad7abe3f272d96d4888c7d93bf2b.jpeg

Pizza 4 cheese......pizza cheese......pizza Gorgonzola and sausage......perfect   Sandwich with sausage....to die for.  many of their pastas are really good

Pizza 4 cheese.JPG

Pizza Pan Pan.JPG

IMG_4045.jpg

Salad Med.JPG

Sandwich sausage copy 2.JPG

I very rarely eat pizza, and invariably regret it when I do.

Most recommendations I’ve heard for Pan Pan have been for pizza, and from Americans.

It could well be that the place is good if you eat a certain type of pizza. I’m generally looking for good pasta & salad in an Italian, maybe fish. I won’t be going there again after my experience. 

Archived