IGNORED

Good Italian Restaurant

For who like italian restaurants went last night in the LK Express hotel, there is a very good italian restaurant name La Costa

it is in beach road, good place to try

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the last 2 years I visited a lot of times Giulio & Nan located on the second road quite close to the intersection for the Walking Street. In july I noticed Giulio was not there anymore probably they changed ownership but the food is still top quality and maybe a bit better than before in my opinion. I usually order pizza or pasta and I find everything very good better than many places in Italy. Also the service staff is very attentive and kind prices average. I think it's a real must for people loving italian food.

I've been to Giulio&Nan last year but i didn't like it,maybe was a wrong day but wasn't good

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:21 PM, Anto@@@ said:

For who like italian restaurants went last night in the LK Express hotel, there is a very good italian restaurant name La Costa

I guess you mean LK Empress, not LK Express.

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Went to a cheap Italian place on Soi Beawkow, name was something like Mikey and Aby, was good.

On 19/8/2017 at 20:21, Anto@@@ said:

i wrong to type the name, it is in the Lk Empress hotel the restaurant that i talked about

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:32 PM, Anto@@@ said:

I've been to Giulio&Nan last year but i didn't like it,maybe was a wrong day but wasn't good

I advice you to try again next time U go to the City.

I eated yesterday in small restaurant in Soi Bukhao over the road from Nature view hotel

Good service and good napolitana

I don't find my review of yesterday about another italian restaurant I tried in Pattaya, even if could be considered as a place with fusion food.

I try to summarize it then yet.

This place is located at the corner between the 2nd road and soi 13/2. I think is open since June (or maybe earlier) and if i remember well the name is "Oriental Trattoria" (????), as U can maybe and with difficult see from the attached pic.

I tasted pasta and is good, not excellent but good; IMO pizza was ok but not superb even if some of my friend say the opposite and they consider it good.

We also tried european and continental breakfasts and were ok, nothing special but not bad.

Cause of the promotional push of the place one month ago the price were very low and maybe in the meantime they improved a bit; I think they have to face work hard but they can improve in quality and service as well.

As U can notice from the pic there is one thing sounds strange to me; yep the ownership is italian but the food proposal is quite variegate, take a look at the flags of the pic!!

This could lead to a kind of mental mess or disorentiation into a potential customer.

Anyway it's only the beginning and they have all the time to improve; definitely I'll go again next time I'm in Pattaya.

599dfe4c80e14_orientaltrattoria.thumb.jpg.13474d6ec476799d41fd7797bb22cc1e.jpg

I found that Da Cionso & Lino reopened in Soi Buakhaow opposite Kasikorn Bank.

They were my favorite Italian restaurant when they were still at Pattaya Klang 14, maybe two years ago. 
I didn't try their food in the new location yet.

39 minutes ago, Sucram said:

I found that Da Cionso & Lino reopened in Soi Buakhaow opposite Kasikorn Bank.

They were my favorite Italian restaurant when they were still at Pattaya Klang 14, maybe two years ago. 
I didn't try their food in the new location yet.

opened about aug 8th ish

599e9ee9180c1_july31018(Custom).JPG.bcc8703696727aee119d317b5159daf0.JPG

599e9f03c52b7_aug2002(Custom).JPG.2d4345a36f07bf86c8e526e3d8685c0a.JPG

other side of buakaow to where soi Made in Thailand comes out.

about opposite Jolly's

1 hour ago, Anto@@@ said:

Thank you, some places that i didn't know

i'm very average at almost everything in life, but i do know my way around central and south pattaya. plus i have a lot of pics in a data base, esp any changes being made. the hard thing is finding the relevant photo among many. but that pizza place is very recent so easy to locate

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/8/2017 at 15:21, Anto@@@ said:

i think is the same ownership of L'Italiano and Al Porto (both close now)

On 21/8/2017 at 06:23, jimboh said:

Went to a cheap Italian place on Soi Beawkow, name was something like Mikey and Aby, was good.

Alby & Miky is the name of the restaurant

On soi Buakhao in a small alley in front of the hospital have also La Taverna Del Passatore.
cheap price and very big portions

2 hours ago, alexvsaf said:

Alby & Miky is the name of the restaurant

On soi Buakhao in a small alley in front of the hospital have also La Taverna Del Passatore.

Been to La Taverna Del Passatore and left in a hurry without ordering.

Nothing on the menu: no soups (not even minestrone), no desserts (not even tiramisu).

Very limited choice of main dishes.

1 hour ago, Houten Kop said:

Been to La Taverna Del Passatore and left in a hurry without ordering.

Nothing on the menu: no soups (not even minestrone), no desserts (not even tiramisu).

Very limited choice of main dishes.

True, they don't have soups.

But they always have a few desserts on the specials menu board.

I would suggest going for the special main dishes. They change daily. Check them here. Well, maybe not you, because you walked out.

One of my favorite specials is the gnochhi with deer meat ragu. Fantastic.

https://www.facebook.com/latavernadelpassatore/

17 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

True, they don't have soups.

But they always have a few desserts on the specials menu board.

I would suggest going for the special main dishes. They change daily.

Exactly!

Also the portions are very big. For italian restaurant in Pattaya, La Taverna del Passatore have a great value for money.

19 hours ago, Houten Kop said:

Why did they close in the first place ?

I think Al Porto was closed due to lack of customer. Seems no one walk till Bali Hai for dinner.
L'Italiano close and move to LK, coz the rent of the property in WS was too high.

Not a cheap restaurants but i always had very good food in both place.

On 9/2/2017 at 23:13, alexvsaf said:

as this place is a bugger to find here are some pics to locate it.............

59af261edce65_sept6017(Custom).JPG.fbef5e4b95fea980c85622d265ad5812.JPG

off buakaow into this small soi between the maithai bike shops

59af26594fc9a_sept6014(Custom).JPG.016bb67f760f7043e052d5742ed2a78e.JPG

not far , sign is the right hand side

59af2686ea6a0_sept6015(Custom).JPG.f86925e4f2df889ef5a0dd5075d34ef7.JPG

59af269b61450_sept6016(Custom).JPG.1ca82b0c649d06b2acc61d003f8bc7c6.JPG

i've eaten there myself. for a place to still be trading despite this challenging location they must be serving up popular italian food

10 hours ago, striderman said:

i've eaten there myself. for a place to still be trading despite this challenging location they must be serving up popular italian food
Thank you for visiting us!

Majority of customers are usually Italian. 

Archived