IGNORED

5 years bareback with GF ... now she tells me :-) HIV+

zenzen11

5 years bareback with GF ... now she tells me :-) 

she is HIV+    

Rapid tests show that she is telling the truth .. and that I am clean?? (my test was actually a blurry mess .. I also went to a clinic to be tested .. she took a little blood and said the test would take 5 minutes? Then came out in less than 5 minutes .. said I am clean .. what a fucking joke)

LOL ... WTF? ...  anyway, I am old enough that this doesn't bother me.  The meds to control HIV work fantastic.  The real sad thing (in my opinion) is the clinic/hospital that first told her her results (years ago) .. gave her no advice other than .. "you will die of AIDS.  Try and stay healthy until then." .. NOW REALLY WTF?????  

This is totally untrue.  If you start the meds when you are diagnosed they can beat down the HIV and it will NEVER advance to AIDS.  But, the fucked up Thai medical system doesn't tell her that? .. so she spends years of her life worrying about a slow painful death of wasting away.

I will be going to back to the USA in 4 days.  I will get a good blood test and and talk with actual medical professionals that CARE.

I will find out what meds to take/dosage .. and treat her myself with advice from the USA.  

I have NEVER been impressed with Thai doctors.  Some of the most un-empathetic (is that a word?) bastards I have ever dealt with.  They HATE being asked questions .. or, god forbid, QUESTIONED. 

Anyway ... what do you think are the odds that after 5 years of bare backing all holes a couple times a week ... that I am actually clean of the virus?  .. I really am kind of super-human .. so to me its not much of a surprise that my immune system is Grade A Super Class #1  ... 5555555

Nope, no plans on changing my routine .. too late to start with the condoms now .. LOL .. I have NEVER used a condom.  And, never contracted any disease.  Lucky?  crazy life for sure.

BLOWFISH'N IT UP !!!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That kind of rapid HIV test appears to be just as accurate as the other methods:

http://checkhimout.ca/testing/about-hiv-stis/hiv/types-of-hiv-tests/

The Rapid test uses a blood specimen taken by poking your finger with a lance and then drawing some of this blood into a fine plastic tube.  The Rapid test is just as accurate as a Standard HIV test. If you test negative, then you do not require any further tests. If you are positive, then you will need a further blood test using a specimen that needs to be sent to a laboratory.

(With the caveat that it can only detect HIV infections that are older than 3-4 weeks.)

Heavy post.  If she is taking her regimen she ought to have a very low viral load so you two ought to be okay but if either of you have other other partners in my opinion you should do the right thing by being honest.

I wonder... Did you only have vaginal sex with her? If yes, you probably are clean. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, coolsmoe said:

I wonder... Did you only have vaginal sex with her? If yes, you probably are clean. Good luck.

he says in the OP

"Anyway ... what do you think are the odds that after 5 years of bare backing all holes a couple times a week ... that I am actually clean of the virus?  .. I really am kind of super-human .. so to me its not much of a surprise that my immune system is Grade A Super Class #1  ... 5555555"

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

he says in the OP
"Anyway ... what do you think are the odds that after 5 years of bare backing all holes a couple times a week ... that I am actually clean of the virus?  .. I really am kind of super-human .. so to me its not much of a surprise that my immune system is Grade A Super Class #1  ... 5555555"

Oops I read it too fast... So I'll change my answer to: don't know and good luck... :)

1 hour ago, zenzen11 said:

Anyway ... what do you think are the odds that after 5 years of bare backing all holes a couple times a week ... that I am actually clean of the virus?  .. I really am kind of super-human .. so to me its not much of a surprise that my immune system is Grade A Super Class #1  ... 5555555

Your whole story sounds plausible so I will say there was some young retard posting a few weeks back that he thought he was immune to HIV because he always eats healthy and went to the gym - maybe you are a superhuman like him and just don't know it....

FWIW (it's anecdotal and I'm not a doctor) Best pal and his Thai wife. She a post-grad & college lecturer, married before to a Thai professional, one son. Ten years after their marriage they found out she was HIV+ (diagnosed in the UK). She'd been a virgin at the time of her first marriage and no evidence that husband No. 1 had screwed around - he was also tested and found to be HIV negative. UK consultant was intrigued and did some back-tracing with Thai colleagues. The wife had received a blood transfusion in Thailand back in the 1980s after the difficult birth of her son. At a time when Thai hospitals used blood donated by prisoners, unscreened for HIV and the likely cause of her infection. Punch-line: Best pal tested negative despite ten years of non-condom use; his wife, examined and taking medicine regularly, is in excellent health.

This is why I get tested twice a year regardless of how much action I've had, where I been or if I barebacked. People simply cannot be trusted. Hope it works out for you mate.

From what you write, in this period of time you will have been exposed about 750 times. The risk for transmission is 1/333 - 1428 per exposure (see Risk rates). Assuming she is healthy and asymptomatic the risk would be among the lower ones, say at best 50 percent but could be worse. So unknowingly you have participated in a lottery and been lucky every time.

With treatment and a healthy lifestyle people with hiv now live l o n g e r than others. 

Take care and after some time to adjust you should both be fine.

Porque la vida es sueño, y los sueños sueños son

This is why I don`t BB FS and why I get tested regularly.

13th Warrior`s Raid  Relatert bilde

Is this thread a wind up? A piss take to support going BB? 

5 years of BB sex and you didn't catch it? That is fucking amazing. Maybe he has the rare gene type that is immune to it. 

1 hour ago, socrates said:

What clinic did you go to ?

One in Jomtien. On the corner by the Monkey God.  GF recommendation

1 hour ago, strawberrypi said:

That kind of rapid HIV test appears to be just as accurate as the other methods:

yeah .. her's was VERY apparent.  VERY easy to read .. mine was fuzzy/blurry .. and two faded line showing? .. it was hard to tell .  Since I am flying back to USA anyway .. and have friends at the local university hospital.  I will go get a good test .. and good advice.

1 hour ago, sinbad5 said:

Heavy post.  If she is taking her regimen she ought to have a very low viral load so you two ought to be okay but if either of you have other other partners in my opinion you should do the right thing by being honest.

THAT's THE FUCKED UP THING .. they docs here did not start her on any regimen at all ...??? .. NOTHING? .. no advice .. no empathy .. nothing . just sent her back in to the street with "your going to die" in the back of her mind .. its fucked up .. 

I will get her started right away 

15 minutes ago, juiceManX1 said:

Is this thread a wind up? A piss take to support going BB? 

5 years of BB sex and you didn't catch it? That is fucking amazing. Maybe he has the rare gene type that is immune to it. 

no wind up .. :-) .. all true .. 

2 minutes ago, socrates said:

For something so serious why would you not have gone to a proper hospital ?

Because i already have my trip planned to go back to USA.  I would rather talk to someone that I can understand .. and won't look at me like some stupid frang :-) ... no big rush with this anyway ... 

I need questions answered about what meds to take .. how often .. etc .. 

I do not think these are hard questions to answer .. i could probably find all the info on my own on the internet .. but, i want to talk to a doctor that i trust, that i can ask questions to, and who i am SURE is not just "smiling" and telling me nothing at all 

17 minutes ago, zenzen11 said:

Because i already have my trip planned to go back to USA.  I would rather talk to someone that I can understand .. and won't look at me like some stupid frang :-) ... no big rush with this anyway ... 

I need questions answered about what meds to take .. how often .. etc .. 

I do not think these are hard questions to answer .. i could probably find all the info on my own on the internet .. but, i want to talk to a doctor that i trust, that i can ask questions to, and who i am SURE is not just "smiling" and telling me nothing at all 

With all due respect you are making a lot of assumptions about a doctor and a hospital you have never been to

I would say a doctor in a prominent Pattaya Hospital would have more than knowledge than a General Practitioner in the West

And to listen to a TG who has been ill advised thus far on where to go makes zero sense

Anyway - lets hope you are all clear and can help this young lady with her treatment

I won't be going to a general practitioner :-) .. I will be going to The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics .. I worked there for 10 years .. I know what they have to offer :-) .. as far as Thai docs go .. you are right .. i am assuming.  My assumptions are based on all my personal encounters with them (and comparing them to the ones I know at the university )

"And to listen to a TG who has been ill advised thus far on where to go makes zero sense"   ... 55555 totally agree with this ... :-) .. 

I do not think the information on HIV and how we are treating it now is a big secret.  I think I can find ALL the info I need on the internet.  Its not that I do not think the Thai Docs don't know what they are doing .. I just want to talk with someone I know and trust :-) ... 

If I had not already had this trip home planned already I would talk with docs here.  But, since I am going back anyway I will deal with it there.

yes if you went to Pattaya Bangkok or Pattaya Memorial, they would advise you the same as a doctor in USA ( esp a general practice doctor.... ).

The blood test in Pattya Memorial is a 4th gen duo test and can detect as early as 15 days post infection. I would go there now and get one , it is 1000 baht. You can also have a consultation with a doctor for 1000 baht. 

By the way, talking to a doctor in USA won't allow you to get a prescription for her. You'll have to go talk to a thai doctor anyhow. They will probably put her on HAART ( truvada and some other med ). 

7 minutes ago, juiceManX1 said:

yes if you went to Pattaya Bangkok or Pattaya Memorial, they would advise you the same as a doctor in USA ( esp a general practice doctor.... ).

The blood test in Pattya Memorial is a 4th gen duo test and can detect as early as 15 days post infection. I would go there now and get one , it is 1000 baht. You can also have a consultation with a doctor for 1000 baht. 

By the way, talking to a doctor in USA won't allow you to get a prescription for her. You'll have to go talk to a thai doctor anyhow. They will probably put her on HAART ( truvada and some other med ). 

I really do not care if I have HIV ... death is close always close at hand now.  I am ready for another adventure.  So I am in no rush to get this done.  I do want to hear what the USA docs recommend (in English) .. so that I can compare that to what the Thai docs will recommend. And, I want to be able to ask the correct questions to the Thai Docs .    

My GF thinks that the meds are free here for her in Thailand.  WHICH MAKES IT EVEN MORE FUCKED UP THAT THEY DIDN'T START HER ON THEM RIGHT AWAY. (sorry about the caps .. 555.. this just really pisses me off)

Again, I do not like Thai doctors. And, I am basing my opinions on them by comparing them to the doctors I have worked with.  

I will go here when I get back 

http://www.heartt2000.org/

Dr. Philippe Seur is well known in Pattaya for his campaign against AIDS. He works as a volunteer physician, with the support of various concerned donors, businesses or private persons in the community, as “HEARTT 2000“ is only a No-Dr-fee, Non-profit association to help Thai and Non-Thai persons with HIV Infection – AIDS Disease in need in our community.

Good information on his site telling what is available in Thailand.  I think the meds are very close to FREE here.

Archived