IGNORED

5 years bareback with GF ... now she tells me :-) HIV+

zenzen11

34 minutes ago, zenzen11 said:

I really do not care if I have HIV ... death is close always close at hand now.  I am ready for another adventure.  So I am in no rush to get this done.  I do want to hear what the USA docs recommend (in English) .. so that I can compare that to what the Thai docs will recommend. And, I want to be able to ask the correct questions to the Thai Docs .    

My GF thinks that the meds are free here for her in Thailand.  WHICH MAKES IT EVEN MORE FUCKED UP THAT THEY DIDN'T START HER ON THEM RIGHT AWAY. (sorry about the caps .. 555.. this just really pisses me off)

Again, I do not like Thai doctors. And, I am basing my opinions on them by comparing them to the doctors I have worked with.  

You call her your GF???  

Someone who, with absolute disregard of your health and wellbeing, exposed you to HIV and more likely AIDS in that time frame if you actually believe her story.

Do you really believe she's had HIV and no treatment for 5 years and no other ill effects?

What are the chances that she just recently acquired the virus and to save face and appear faithful, now claims to have been a carrier this long?

You don't typically have untreated HIV without a host of other serious illness for that length of time.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another option is to go to the Red Cross clinic in Bangkok, apparently as well as testing can get PrEP and probably anything else related.

5 years is amazing but i did read that HIV is much easier to catch when the person has recently caught it, so if she's had it for sometime may be connected.

That's scary, you can't trust anything these days.

A sobering reminder to get tested as a couple early and regularly (if you both are the swinging types especially).

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Seems to me, it's not the Thai medical system that deceived you, but the GF who knowingly slept with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daryle

With all due respect to the mental trauma you are most likely going through...

This is fucking retarded. You have most likely gotten lucky so far.

Don't have sex with that TG without condoms again before you have a good confirmation that you have HIV (you seem to have gotten off very luckily... In this case, I am sorry but with this kind of almost wilful ignorance you almost don't deserve that kind of luck. Like WTF. Grow up.)

I would actually say that knowingly having unprotected sex with a known HIV+ person is unsocial behaviour and should be punishable by law.

With all due respect to the mental trauma you are most likely going through...

This is fucking retarded. You have most likely gotten lucky so far.

Don't have sex with that TG without condoms again before you have a good confirmation that you have HIV (you seem to have gotten off very luckily... In this case, I am sorry but with this kind of almost wilful ignorance you almost don't deserve that kind of luck. Like WTF. Grow up.)

I would actually say that knowingly having unprotected sex with a known HIV+ person is unsocial behaviour and should be punishable by law.

Lol ... Why should that be against the law?

I think knowingly spreading the virus should be against the law .

But, do you really think there should be laws against a person being able to choose who to have sex with?

As far as getting HIV myself .. I just do not care if I get it .. and from all the research I have been doing on the subject, it's not all that bad. Totally treatable.

I have no emotional turbulence about this subject at all. I really just don't care. I will not die of AIDS or cancer or anything like that.

I have a choice how I die. I will make the choice when the time comes [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How did your gf catch it? Secret thai bf? Reason i ask is it makes sense for those in relationships to get testing done.

On 5/5/2017 at 8:06 PM, scubascuba3 said:

How did your gf catch it? Secret thai bf? Reason i ask is it makes sense for those in relationships to get testing done.

she has had it for 6+ years.  No secret BF. 

I have never asked her how she got it.  She had it before she moved away from her home when she was 17.

She was raped by family members and a man in a factory where she worked.  Most likely from one of those times.  Painful memories for her.  Now that the truth about her illness is out in the open she feels safer with me, and more and more of her story is coming out.  None of this is my business.  If she chooses to tell me her past I will listen.  But, I will not pry in to it.  

Its a typical story for many women in Thailand .. and also, around the world. 

The only thing is, how can you 'trust' anything she says...eg got it 5-6 yrs ago or 6 months ago? The hospital told her she will die and that was it 6 yrs ago....or actually just didnt bother to do anything about it when she found out and despite good medical advice? If she keeps something as serious as HIV from you for 5 + yrs and lets you bareback her with no regard for your health...then that is seriously low and cannot trust anything she says. This is beyond pussy whipped.

And when you say you dont care about getting HIV, cause of the new drugs that make you live a long time, well let me tell you (and sounds like you need to educate yourself too), HIV might not kill you but it comes with many side effects and the HIV drugs also come with additional (double whammy) side effects of their own and that will have a negative effect on your quality of life.

If you are an older person (60's and above) all this will add extra complications to your health and help you to an early grave faster than if you were not HIV+

hiv meds are free to thais and the girl i know with hiv was diagnosed in a small clinic in pattaya and is now monitored at her local hospital. i cant imagine this girl was offered no advice or help at the time of diagnosis if she wasnt then its truly shocking

The only thing is, how can you 'trust' anything she says...eg got it 5-6 yrs ago or 6 months ago? The hospital told her she will die and that was it 6 yrs ago....or actually just didnt bother to do anything about it when she found out and despite good medical advice? If she keeps something as serious as HIV from you for 5 + yrs and lets you bareback her with no regard for your health...then that is seriously low and cannot trust anything she says. This is beyond pussy whipped.

And when you say you dont care about getting HIV, cause of the new drugs that make you live a long time, well let me tell you (and sounds like you need to educate yourself too), HIV might not kill you but it comes with many side effects and the HIV drugs also come with additional (double whammy) side effects of their own and that will have a negative effect on your quality of life.

If you are an older person (60's and above) all this will add extra complications to your health and help you to an early grave faster than if you were not HIV+

Lol ... I agree with most of what you say ..

Not pussy whipped .. lol

And .. maybe you should educate yourself a little. HIV does not kill you .. HIV leads to AIDS ..AIDS kills you (as well as the opportunistic infections you refer to ... I would bet the actual "cause of death" would be something like Pneumonia)

And I am 51 .. I have 100cc propofol

And everything I need to administer my own peaceful death whenever I want...

I will die that way .. no problem.

As far as trusting someone. How can you ever REALLY trust anyone? Shit, I have never even trusted myself.

It's not about trust. It's about acceptance.

And living without fear of sickness or death.

And forgiving people.

I am totally confident in this situation and at peace with my decisions. I have done the research and am willing to take whatever risks I am taking .

When you are not afraid .. life is more relaxing.

hiv meds are free to thais and the girl i know with hiv was diagnosed in a small clinic in pattaya and is now monitored at her local hospital. i cant imagine this girl was offered no advice or help at the time of diagnosis if she wasnt then its truly shocking

She was totally clueless. And I do think it is totally shocking

But, she is a very quite young woman. And, I think she just said "ok" and walked out

2 hours ago, zenzen11 said:

Lol ... I agree with most of what you say ..

Not pussy whipped .. lol

And .. maybe you should educate yourself a little. HIV does not kill you .. HIV leads to AIDS ..AIDS kills you (as well as the opportunistic infections you refer to ... I would bet the actual "cause of death" would be something like Pneumonia)

Did you actually read what i wrote??? Where did i say HIV kills you? And yes HIV leads to AIDS, but AIDS does NOT kill you. Not directly anyway! But you bascially missed the whole point above....which has nothing to to with HIV leading to AIDS.

My point is even when you are on antiretroviral drugs and keeping your viral load count low, these drugs you are on have their own side effects which has any negative impact on you quality of life!! And i am saying as you get older.....having HIV and taking the drugs to fight it has a negative impact on your body and you are more likely to die as an older person with HIV than one without....even on the drugs....due to complications it has on other aspects of you health as naturally an older person will have various health issues and HIV and the HIV drugs are not some vitamin like tablets!

Aging with HIV: https://www.aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/staying-healthy-with-hiv-aids/taking-care-of-yourself/aging-with-hiv-aids/

So do you bareback other girls or just your gf?

I do not monger .. so I have not barebacked any other girls in Pattaya.
But, I have never used a condom.. ever for the last 40 years or so I have been having sex

Did you actually read what i wrote??? Where did i say HIV kills you? And yes HIV leads to AIDS, but AIDS does NOT kill you. Not directly anyway! But you bascially missed the whole point above....which has nothing to to with HIV leading to AIDS.
My point is even when you are on antiretroviral drugs and keeping your viral load count low, these drugs you are on have their own side effects which has any negative impact on you quality of life!! And i am saying as you get older.....having HIV and taking the drugs to fight it has a negative impact on your body and you are more likely to die as an older person with HIV than one without....even on the drugs....due to complications it has on other aspects of you health as naturally an older person will have various health issues and HIV and the HIV drugs are not some vitamin like tablets!
Aging with HIV: https://www.aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/staying-healthy-with-hiv-aids/taking-care-of-yourself/aging-with-hiv-aids/

Yep .. you are right again .. I apologize for not reading your post closely enough.

I do not plan on living more than 20 years (at the most) anyway. I do know how antivirals can fuck with your body .. so I will make the decision whether or not to take them when that time comes.

... But, I doubt I will bother taking them.
Thanks for the info

Please keep updating this.  I am interested in hearing how it turns out.  Good luck and thanks for sharing.

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:16 PM, zenzen11 said:

I do not monger .. so I have not barebacked any other girls in Pattaya.
But, I have never used a condom.. ever for the last 40 years or so I have been having sex

That's fair enough, I was worried you were barebacking other girls too.

Good luck for you and your girlfriend.

On 04/05/2017 at 18:36, Stillearly said:

he says in the OP

"Anyway ... what do you think are the odds that after 5 years of bare backing all holes a couple times a week ... that I am actually clean of the virus?  .. I really am kind of super-human .. so to me its not much of a surprise that my immune system is Grade A Super Class #1  ... 5555555"

I'd say the odds are this is a bullshit post.

Not getting infected after 5 years of sex with your HIV positive girl....
.....is not as surprising as you think.

DO THE MATH....

1) The risk of transmission is actually quite low in absolute terms...for vaginal sex, the risk for the male is 0.04%
(source: https://www.poz.com/article/HIV-risk-25382-5829 ) 

So, sex twice a week for 5 years means 52 x 2 x 5 = 520 times. The odds of not getting HIV after 520 rounds of sex is 0.9996^520 =  0.812

So the odds that you are HIV negative is actually 81%.

Not surprising at all.

Who said you are lucky?

You're just not unlucky.

(note: the low odds 0.04% does not apply to newly infected individuals, who are like 20 times more likely to transmit the virus due to the higher viral load)

SECONDLY:

2) There is a percentage of people (1-10%) in the world who are genetically resistant to HIV. (source: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/03/050325234239.htm )
So, if you happen to be one of these well-endowed people, even if you had sex 10 billion billion billion times, you may not actually catch HIV.

Be Safe, not Sorry!
Buy Home HIV Test Kits to check yourself or your partner. 

Logo JPEG small.jpg
Order now at www.testhivstatus.com

Convenient, Easy to Use, Reliable, with Total Privacy.
International Shipping.

Also Available: Test Kits for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis and Hepatitis B.

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You might want to delete 2 of those 3 triplicate posts

I realised that, I'm new to this forum, I've been trying to figure out how to delete my duplicate posts the last 15 minutes, to no avail....i even reported my own posts as a last resort. Anyone care to explain how to delete my own posts? sorry...

Be Safe, not Sorry!
Buy Home HIV Test Kits to check yourself or your partner. 

Logo JPEG small.jpg
Order now at www.testhivstatus.com

Convenient, Easy to Use, Reliable, with Total Privacy.
International Shipping.

Also Available: Test Kits for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis and Hepatitis B.

Archived