IGNORED

Dave's Cantina Mexican restaurant (muy sabroso)

On 05/12/2018 at 08:41, Garzan said:

I go to Sue's on Soi 13/4 at least once a trip. It's not Tex-Mex, but at least for me, it's not bad. I'm not sure how often I'd go if I was still living down there, but as a once in a while treat (taste of home) I like it. :-) 

Ok - thanks - actually Tex-Mex is my second choice. What I was getting at (and did not say well) is that it is true Mexican food that I enjoy the most. You can find a lot of that on the Southwest side of Chicago (areas such as Pilsen), Pepe's which I mentioned in the burbs comes close, and of course the Baja and the South Bay area of San Diego are great. I have never spent much time in LA, but I am sure they have a lot of really good places.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just noticed Evil Penevil's post about Taco Taco over in the under 300 baht and good thread. Sounds interesting. Actually, sounds as much Mex as Tex Mex. I will need to get over there.

That thread is rather long If the link does not rake you to the indicated post, it is on page 37 about half way down.

6 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Just noticed Evil Penevil's post about Taco Taco over in the under 300 baht and good thread. Sounds interesting. Actually, sounds as much Mex as Tex Mex. I will need to get over there.

That thread is rather long If the link does not rake you to the indicated post, it is on page 37 about half way down.

Very tasty at Taco Taco but man, they are the smallest tacos I've ever seen.

I had to eat 8 to fill my belly.

Not cheap, but I will be back.

7 hours ago, jiz said:

Very tasty at Taco Taco but man, they are the smallest tacos I've ever seen.

I had to eat 8 to fill my belly.

Not cheap, but I will be back.

+1 Yep, they're small, as are the burritos, whcih took three to leave me sated.  The beef has a complex flavor from marinating with home-made BBQ sauce and everything is fresh. Watch out for the red sauce, it's HOT. Taco Taco isn't a place for CCs but for folks who appreciate auhentic, quality, Mexican/Tex-Mex what ever you call it, made with pride and care and are willing to pay for it. It's a popular place with Americans who've enjoyed this type of fare at home and now enjoy iit in Pattaya. 300 Baht will likely get you a satisfying meal but more can be spent by large eaters. Burritos and tacos, soft or hard, are 60 Baht each on Tuesdays, as EP mentioned in his review. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

1 hour ago, likeaking said:

Taco Taco isn't a place for CCs but for folks who appreciate auhentic, quality, Mexican/Tex-Mex what ever you call it, made with pride and care and are willing to pay for it. 

But as always, the problem will be, is there enough of those customers out there to keep the place in business ?

Personally, I have my doubts.

Fans of Mexican food might like to know about the great tacos I discovered in Bangkok at: 

‘The Commons.’ Sukhumvit Soi 55 / Subsoil 17. 

Lots of interesting restaurants in there run by Thai hipsters.

The prices are a bit shocking though. 

732962FD-BFF9-48E2-8D66-18BB45F79344.jpeg

Archived