IGNORED

Dave's Cantina Mexican restaurant (muy sabroso)

Dave- You might want to watermark your photos.  That way the pics that are shared without malice are still identified as to their source.  You also cause at least a little extra work for those who steal pics and pass them off as their own.  There are dozens of programs that will do it online or as a download.  Some cameras can even be set up to do it automatically.

Just a suggestion.

bur1p.jpg

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should've know,the pics were too good to be his.

He didn't claim them as his,just a aheads up.

my bad assumption.:GiveBeer1:

Looking forward to try your cuisine Dave, love the mexican food.

15 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

I should've know,the pics were too good to be his.

He didn't claim them as his,just a aheads up.

my bad assumption.:GiveBeer1:

I didn't think there was any malice at all. Just didn't want someone to think I was posting the pictures under a different user.

Regarding them being too good to be his, I just use my phone to take the pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

Will be on my upcoming visit list.

• 4 weeks later...

I just want to let everyone know that pork tamales are now available. They are technically a transient item, but I suspect they will be around a long time given the number of corn husks I have acquired.

The only issue is they take 40 minutes to steam, so call or message ahead on Facebook so we can put them in the steamer before you arrive.

90 baht for one (plain), 250 for three. They are also available enchilada style as a meal 240 baht.

ClippedTamalePlain.png

ClippedTamaleEnch.png

have carnitas been added to your menu ?

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

2 hours ago, Soi7 said:

have carnitas been added to your menu ?

No, still no carnitas. I think the next menu item will be shrimp tacos though.

I'm addicted to the pork tamales. Since he started selling them, I've had over two dozen.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Took a trip to Daves and wasn't disappointed. 

Chose the Chicken Enchiladas. Meal was served promptly and the dish was well presented. It didn't look like it was slapped on the plate and he has done well to train his kitchen staff. Enchiladas, beans and rice were evenly portioned and flavours were distinct and balanced. Sauce was complementary and just right on the spiciness. Overall excellent standard for Mexican food in Thailand. 

• 2 months later...

Congratulations to Dave's Cantina. 

I just noted it is now rated as the 5th best restaurant in Pattaya out of 849 on tripadvisor.com.

Of course ratings like that fluctuate a lot, but I still think it's worth noting.

Enough people loved the food there to make that happen, at least for now.

I think this is even more remarkable considering the location of Dave's, being off the beaten path for most tourists in town. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d12064944-Reviews-Dave_s_Cantina-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

https://www.facebook.com/DavesCantinaPattaya/

Dave's Cantina

584/34-35, Moo 10, Soi Kromteedin, Pattaya 20150, Thailand
+66 33 121 304

42 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

I just noted it is now rated as the 5th best restaurant in Pattaya out of 849 on tripadvisor.com.

Of course ratings like that fluctuate a lot, but I still think it's worth noting.

I think this is even more remarkable considering the location of Dave's, being off the beaten path for most tourists in town. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d12064944-Reviews-Dave_s_Cantina-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Well, I have some bad news for you. Yes, Dave's Cantina is listed as #5 of 849 restaurants in Pattaya today. However, yesterday, I was #22 out of 899 restaurants in Pattaya. Over night, 50 restaurants were miscategorized by Trip Advisor as "Coffee & Tea" instead of restaurants. So there were about 17 restaurants ahead of me yesterday that are no longer showing as a restaurant. Look at Cafe Des Amis as an example.

This actually has happened before, specifically to my listing. About two months ago a number of restaurants were removed from "Restaurants" and placed into "Dessert". Dave's Cantina, Maggs, Bake n' Brew, ... There were many. Fortunately for me, when people were searching for Mexican, they were still seeing me in the Mexican list.

This was a global problem, not just Pattaya, and it is currently global as well. The last time, it took them 8 days to correct. This time, they are claiming it will be corrected by the end of business "tomorrow EST".  So I suspect, you will see me jump back up to #22 or so tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

You would be surprised how many successful restaurants there are off the beaten path, they don't just rely on tourism. Nothing wrong with Dave's location, quite a few very successful places around him to prove that.

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You would be surprised how many successful restaurants there are off the beaten path, they don't just rely on tourism. Nothing wrong with Dave's location, quite a few very successful places around him to prove that.

Yes, the other restaurants on my street was a factor in accepting it as a location

10 hours ago, Marcus85 said:

Have you thought about getting on Foodpanda? Or your own in house delivery?

Yes, I have, however Foodpanda charges the restaurants way too much of a commission to make it worth it. Added to that, handing control over to another company, yet retaining responsibility of the quality after delivery would risk bad reviews based one something I have no control of. Also, some foods just don't deliver well and also risk bad reviews. I've seen people give negative reviews when their fish and chips arrived soggy after being delivered.

Myself and some friends ate at Daves Cantina a few nights ago. Dave is a Great host, with really good efficient staff, the restaurant itself was spotlessly clean, very comfortable dining option.

The food was great, although next time I will ask for it to be a bit spicier for my tastes, but overall it was terrific.

I will definitely return.

Not sure if you're talking about spices or chilies but yeah, the food there is on the milder side. I think the enchilada sauce for example could be kicked up. The chicken tortilla soup has great spice flavor but if you want more heat I add dried chili powder on the table on Dave's suggestion and that works a charm. 

when will you open for lunch, at lunchtime?

2 hours ago, just hanging said:

when will you open for lunch, at lunchtime?

When and if I have enough business to warrant hiring additional staff to have two shifts of workers.

23 minutes ago, BeerBelly said:

When and if I have enough business to warrant hiring additional staff to have two shifts of workers.

Not to be disrespectful, but if you had a better location you might get more business. I grew up on mexican food, absolutely Love it.  I think about going to your restaurant quite often, especially after reading this thread. But I stay in North Pattaya, no car, no bike, and your place is too far to walk to. So I guess I will never have the pleasure of trying your food, even though I want to.  

32 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

Not to be disrespectful, but if you had a better location you might get more business. I grew up on mexican food, absolutely Love it.  I think about going to your restaurant quite often, especially after reading this thread. But I stay in North Pattaya, no car, no bike, and your place is too far to walk to. So I guess I will never have the pleasure of trying your food, even though I want to.  

It actually is walkable from South Pattaya which you can get to by bus when the weather is fair and you feel like a really long walk. But that's my issue too. I would go much more often if it was easier to get to. You can also take Grab, Uber, or motorcycle taxis but that makes the outing expensive.

2 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

It actually is walkable from South Pattaya which you can get to bus when the weather is fair and you feel like a really long walk. But that's my issue too. I would go much more often if it was easier to get to. 

my friends all have transportation, but we eat at 12 :(

In any case, the location is the location. It works for some people and not for others. At least it's quite a nice place and good food when you get there. 

Archived