IGNORED

Dave's Cantina Mexican restaurant (muy sabroso)

There's a new Mexican restaurant in town getting lots of buzz. It's well deserved.

They have a small menu and I've enjoyed everything I've tried.

The chicken tortilla soup. Wow. Great flavor, A richer, thicker style. A must try. 

Enchiladas with an excellent enchilada sauce served with rice and beans. I was able to try one with beef and one with pork. Both flavorful shredded meat spiced varieties. Served with good sides of rice and beans. 

Their chimichanga (deep fried burrito) which I had with pork is a caloric delight. I asked if it could be served "wet" with a base of enchilada sauce and even though that's not on the menu you can order the sauce for a surcharge.

The chili (including beans and shredded beef) has great flavor. I had it in a cup with tortillas chips and  paired it with chicken quesadillas (served with sour cream and pico de gallo salsa). The best quesadillas I've had in town. 

I noticed you can also order a side cup of just stewed pinto beans.

I haven't yet had their chili nachos but saw it another table and it definitely looked very good. Also they have Mexican style (soft corn tortillas) tacos served with rice and beans. 

No margaritas as yet and currently there is a soft opening 10 percent discount until that happens. 

Plenty of pictures on their facebook page and also tripadvisor --

https://www.facebook.com/DavesCantinaPattaya/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d12064944-Reviews-Dave_s_Cantina-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

No, it wouldn't be the best Mexican restaurant in East L.A. but last time I checked Pattaya isn't in East L.A. We're lucky Dave of Dave's decided to offer his Mexican deliciousness to us here.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in LA and this is welcome news.  Some days I'm just craving Mexican food, hell I'd love it if they opened a few Taco Bells there.

How does it compare to Mike's on the way to Jomtien? That is currently the best I've found of the here a while bunch.

Love a pig chimi!

10 minutes ago, Garzan said:

How does it compare to Mike's on the way to Jomtien? That is currently the best I've found of the here a while bunch.

To my taste, much better. 

I think Dave's will be seen by most people that know Mexican food best (North Americans) as the best Mexican restaurant in town. 

Be warned though that if you need Margaritas, maybe wait until they have them. That's coming. 

gonna give it a shot for lunch today........I love Mexican and Mikes is awful, but sams was great but closed

2 hours ago, just hanging said:

gonna give it a shot for lunch today........I love Mexican and Mikes is awful, but sams was great but closed

Hope you like it. As I said, I've enjoyed everything I've tried there, but I think the first meal I tried was a good place to start. It was a cup of the chicken tortilla soup with the beef/pork enchiladas platter. If you like that, you'll probably be back. 

Awesome. Add it to the list. With the opening of this place and Smokin' Joes good old fashioned Farang Food is experiencing a renaissance in Pattaya these days. 

unfortunately my friends didn't want to try it today, went somewhere else.  will give it a go tomorrow, I hope

Speaking of Mexican food. Is that place on one of the soi pattayalands still open? I think it was called the blue parrot or something like that. I used to Love their tacos.

1 hour ago, WhiteThai said:

Speaking of Mexican food. Is that place on one of the soi pattayalands still open? I think it was called the blue parrot or something like that. I used to Love their tacos.

Blue Parrot is long gone, but their menu lives on at Sue's Place a couple doors up.

Was in there this week, and someone who lives in Pattaya, does me.

4 hours ago, seal said:

directions please..is it off bukao

No, it is off 3rd Road on Soi Regional Land.

I gotta give this place a try, but I can't imagine it being better than Sue's. I guess anything is possible.

This looks like the food I get at Pattaya Cantina. I eat there occasionally and have the cheese quesadilla and it is OK but very light on cheese. I have also eaten at Dave's Cantina on Soi Kromteedin just up from Tigglebitties and the food is higher quality and the restaurant in enclosed with A/C. Dave's Cantina doesn't use avocado or offer guacamole when I was there a few weeks ago. Give Dave's Cantina a try too.

7 hours ago, Pattaya_Brian said:

I gotta give this place a try, but I can't imagine it being better than Sue's. I guess anything is possible.

The only place i think worse than Sues is Sun Rise Tacos which failed miserably in Jomtien. Both Sues and Blue Parrot - same chef i believe - is passable at best. I have had better burritos frozen and nuked from a package

I am waiting for Daves to get a few more things on the menu but hope it is good and will last as it is not too far from my house

yes it said pattaya cantina but I put in my phone daves cantina and this is where it brought me.
when i looked at the map it was a bit confusing so i just put in directions and this is where we wound up  555
I must of passed it while looking for it then put it in my maps.....maybe should have used googole maps and not iphone maps [emoji4]

FYI, the enchiladas at Dave's Cantina look like this.. Along with the tortilla soup and the quesadillas which are full of meat and cheese.51abe0271a8db0af55977d4a79209450.jpgaceac44b398aeea2effc3b8f0f5668b7.jpg94ed673c2b9073318bb34edeb0295ba8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, MM said:

FYI, the enchiladas at Dave's Cantina look like this.. Along with the tortilla soup and the quesadillas which are full of meat and cheese.51abe0271a8db0af55977d4a79209450.jpgaceac44b398aeea2effc3b8f0f5668b7.jpg94ed673c2b9073318bb34edeb0295ba8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well, I wasn't hungry until I saw this. Damn! That's almost perfection.

Warning.:NoNo3:

For some people, Dave's chicken tortilla soup is addictive.

gonna go there today, see on the map that it is not far from the market.   cant wait, been looking for something after sams closed

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 11.04.25 AM.jpg

4 minutes ago, just hanging said:

gonna go there today,

Dave's Cantina is closed Mondays.  Before visiting any restaurant, it's wise to check out their FB page  for the latest announcements:

https://www.facebook.com/DavesCantinaPattaya/

Also note that it is closed April 17-19 because of Songkran.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Archived