Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Moto GP

Kim Jong Il

2 hours ago, vimto66 said:

Is Moto GP similar to F1 in so far as the best riders are teamed with the best bikes/teams, are there red hot favourites at the beginning of every season, asking cos i genuinely dont know.

MotoGP is totally different to F1. They have made the software and hardware chip standard. Everyone has the same. So the factory teams can't get any advantage to all the others by using their own software etc.

The factory teams still have the advantage because they get all the best parts first and they have twice as many engineers in their garage compared to the smaller teams.

But all in all the racing is way closer compared to F1 because the machine advantage is nowhere as bad.

Its the best motor sport by a long way in my opinion!

Edited by kramer_456
  • Like 2

FP2 not very eventful or informative though I like to see Taka up there and Pol still flying.

Zarco obviously unhappy with the outcome of the steward's enquiry but deciding to get the pit lane start out of the way........ given the wrist injury I won't be surprised to see him do the minimum and perhaps pull in after a couple of race laps.

Suggestions that riders (and the BTsports team) are losing confidence in Race Direction and that Chairman 'Fast Freddie' is out of touch with modern bikes.

4 hours ago, kramer_456 said:

But all in all the racing is way closer compared to F1 because the machine advantage is nowhere as bad.

Ability to fit 12 bikes side by side across the track has a massive effect, multiple bike racing lines and virtually no aero on bikes all come together to make bikes a totally different prospect to car racing.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

10 hours ago, Edge said:

I'll look again.....I thought the air fence now sticks out almost to the apex (like a sticking plaster one said?) and sticking up above that looked like steel catch fencing.

I did mean to type ‘extended’ the air fence but I’ve had another look and you are right, they’ve extended both the air fence and above it steel catch fence. 

20200822_154306.thumb.jpg.6c5b2815eadaddfcc372af6882b5f8eb.jpg

17 hours ago, kramer_456 said:

MotoGP is totally different to F1. They have made the software and hardware chip standard. Everyone has the same. So the factory teams can't get any advantage to all the others by using their own software etc.

The factory teams still have the advantage because they get all the best parts first and they have twice as many engineers in their garage compared to the smaller teams.

Its the best motor sport by a long way in my opinion!

Although im not what you`d call a motorsport fan i still watch the bikes from time to time, i`d much rather watch moto GP than F1 which at times is just a procession, i know fans will disagree, but im an outsider looking in! :wink:

• Like 3

Zarco proving me wrong so far and keeping some big names out of Q2.

20200822_194856.thumb.jpg.83703a1916fcda0d05f8c8bf4174c498.jpg

Pol on pole.

Taka top Honda.

Zarco front row.....but not.  

20200822_201402.thumb.jpg.77c49cffd1d430548623690d95708e54.jpg

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 22.03.36.png

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/08/22/marc-marquez-ruled-out-for-two-to-three-months/340857?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=austrian_marquezarticle_en&utm_campaign=traffic

giphy.gif

Looks like we have a great season to come. 

Lets be clear, I'm not happy about his injury, I'm happy about his absence. His domination has turned the series into a bit of a snooze fest. Undoubtably a great rider one wonders whether his on track personality and actions will affect his legacy. When F1 pundits talk about 'the greats' you hear names such as Clark, Senna, Stewart, Prost mentioned, even Hamilton already, Schumacher, despite his statistical dominance is notable for his absence from such casual chat. You have to do more than win to achieve legend status. 

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

10 hours ago, Edge said:

Zarco proving me wrong so far and keeping some big names out of Q2.

He's definitely out to prove a point. Very interesting that 2 of the top 3 are riding last years bikes.

KTM have obviously made a big step forward this year and Honda and Ducati have gone backwards.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Zarco taking big chances and ripping through the tail to get back up near the front tomorrow.

1 hour ago, kramer_456 said:

He's definitely out to prove a point. Very interesting that 2 of the top 3 are riding last years bikes.

KTM have obviously made a big step forward this year and Honda and Ducati have gone backwards.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Zarco taking big chances and ripping through the tail to get back up near the front tomorrow.

Might depend how much his wrist aches race distance but clearly doing all he can to impress and get that 2021 contract.

With MM out 2-3 mths now (guessing Honda orders no opening windows :Whistle:) maybe they should test your theory by giving his bike to Taka? Cal very quiet seems to be in the doldrums with his aches n pains and Jack with a few too after his off. Pol on fire and hoping to see BB storm through to join him.

Rossi down the grid in 15th and noises from Petronas suggesting they don't really want the old codger Yamaha is sending their way. Will Mac ever hit form?

Very sad to see people denigrate some of the greatest riders ever due to their personal dislikes of the individual. I follow MotoGp for the racing, not to watch post race interviews. 

I can only judge riders that I have personally seen race. My top 5 of all time (in no particular order except chronology) 

Hailwood

Agostini

Roberts K.

Rossi

Marquez.

Why you would want to be denied seeing any one of these riders race is beyond me.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Very sad to see people denigrate some of the greatest riders ever due to their personal dislikes of the individual. I follow MotoGp for the racing, not to watch post race interviews. 

I can only judge riders that I have personally seen race. My top 5 of all time (in no particular order except chronology) 

Hailwood

Agostini

Roberts K.

Rossi

Marquez.

Why you would want to be denied seeing any one of these riders race is beyond me.

Something sick and twisted about celebrating any rider's crash/injury IMO and it has no place in any true MotoGP fan's thinking I know.

I don't recall whether anyone celebrated when Mick Doohan almost destroyed his leg....perhaps they did, but it doesn't matter now because his Honda success story has been written.

Marc's is far from  over.

16 minutes ago, Edge said:

I don't recall whether anyone celebrated when Mick Doohan almost destroyed his leg....perhaps they did, but it doesn't matter now because his Honda success story has been written.

Same with Barry Sheene. He once came and stood next to me to watch a race in the Transatlantic Trophy at Oulton Park. Spent the whole race eulogising Kenny Roberts' riding skills. Barry was probably the biggest character and the nicest, down to earth guy ever to sit astride a bike and the world was gutted when he had that horrendous crash during testing. But not in my top 5. Even he recognised that Kenny was king.

No spoiler but.........

.......if you're not watching get tuned in right now.

• 1 month later...

Another month without Marquez, another year of the GOAT. 2020 ain't all bad

:D

RULES

1NQq.gif

Petronas clearly were happy with the results of their youth development program and dragged their heels to the end over Yamaha forcing them to take on the goat on his way out to grass.....

........one year only not two and fcuk the mechanics.

Amazing career Rossi has had, and even at the end he manages to move from the 2nd placed Yamaha team into the top one :D

RULES

1NQq.gif

Another one hard to predict as they seemingly fight not to take advantage of the Main Man's absence.

Franco is flying, while Fabio desperately needs to get his C'ship hopes back on track and Mav needs to keep up his recent success.
It would of course be nice for Rossi to get on the podium one more time.

Not sure what Jackass is up to and what he can get wrong this week, but never rule him out.
Zarco thereabouts as is Pol on the KTM and I'd like to see Binder come through late again.
Mir is being strongly fancied by some, if not by himself.
I wouldn't rule out Bagnaia as another to come from behind.

Can someone shift Dovi off the C'ship top slot at last, or could he show Ducati they fcuked up yet again?

image.png.a8e4401e0ffe489a6a51edce897ef007.png

Anyone still holding tickets for Buriram......we received our refunds this week.      :ThumbUp6:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well that was a fantastic season!

Next year no Dovi, who is considering sueing Ducati! No Crutchache. Question marks over Marquez's return. The GOAT on a satellite bike that performed better than the factory effort last year. Suzuki as reigning champs. A whole bunch of new fast race winners. This season set a high bar but next year is set up to be a good one.

RULES

1NQq.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Spa was a wash out but everyone had a lovely day at Silverstone. A sell out crowd wishing the GOAT well and thanking him for his 25 years of top flight racing.

RULES

1NQq.gif

• 1 year later...

Not sure is this is the most current thread, but anyway …… I love this time of year in MotoGP. Japan, Burriam and Aus all televised at a decent time on a Sunday for those of us in this side of the world (Southern Hemisphere) 

Personally I think Bagnaia has a great shot at winning a WT, and as a Ducati fan even more exciting though I’d have preferred to have thriller Miller in the hunt. 

10 hours ago, Dr No said:

Not sure is this is the most current thread, but anyway …… I love this time of year in MotoGP. Japan, Burriam and Aus all televised at a decent time on a Sunday for those of us in this side of the world (Southern Hemisphere) 

Personally I think Bagnaia has a great shot at winning a WT, and as a Ducati fan even more exciting though I’d have preferred to have thriller Miller in the hunt. 

I shall be cheering for our Aussie from the main stand next week :) My first GP and looking forward to it :)

• Like 1

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png