Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Moto GP

Kim Jong Il

Really surprised no has posted in this thread in the last 18 or so hours. I got up early this morning to watch the race and holy shit was it something remarkable. 

To think no one was seriously injured in that accident is almost unbelievable, probably only more unbelievable was how neither of the two flying bikes cleaned up Rossi. You could see how visibly shaken he was by what could possibly been the luckiest moment of his life. How he got back on the bike and did another twenty laps I’ll never know. 

Awaiting refund info'

image.thumb.png.27d64b2269c1699ae1fcea9cfe804ced.png

32 minutes ago, Dr No said:

Really surprised no has posted in this thread in the last 18 or so hours. I got up early this morning to watch the race and holy shit was it something remarkable. 

To think no one was seriously injured in that accident is almost unbelievable, probably only more unbelievable was how neither of the two flying bikes cleaned up Rossi. You could see how visibly shaken he was by what could possibly been the luckiest moment of his life. How he got back on the bike and did another twenty laps I’ll never know. 

OP stopped riding the thread for some reason.

Certainly an eventful race, as was Moto2........yet somehow not as compelling to watch as the previous two....in terms of the racing.

About the main crash involving Zarco and Morbidelli......spectacular indeed and could have been a major disaster. Zarco's bike I'm told.....

image.thumb.png.d44bb3302048f41f99202a3dc6526745.png

About Rossi............Hate it when riders call for penalties against other riders, esp when they know they will be listened to.....it's why I hate Lorenzo since his campaign against Simoncelli.

Rossi - "Race direction must do something against Zarco because he braked on purpose in front of Franco so as not to be overtaken.
"They must do something serious to Zarco, because even in the last race in Brno he knocked out Pol Espargaró, even if he could have avoided the accident."

I think Rossi was mistaken about what happened in the accident and spoke too soon......and also that it was crass to try to use the Brno Pol incident to support his case when it was clearly a racing incident.....same as when Lorenzo sent Dani skywards except Zarco survived to reach the podium, which upset some more than the collision which Pol Espargaro caused.

Gone down a bit further in my estimation.

Big day for Dovi rubbing Ducati's nose in it......pity Jack fcuked up for the 1-2.

Good result for the Championship leaving it a little more open if Marquez is able to return soon enough...probably not next week but who knows.
Rooting for Brad Binder of course.

Edited by Edge
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Edge said:

OP stopped riding the thread for some reason.

Certainly an eventful race, as was Moto2........yet somehow not as compelling to watch as the previous two....in terms of the racing.

About the main crash involving Zarco and Morbidelli......spectacular indeed and could have been a major disaster. Zarco's bike I'm told.....

image.thumb.png.d44bb3302048f41f99202a3dc6526745.png

About Rossi............Hate it when riders call for penalties against other riders, esp when they know they will be listened to.....it's why I hate Lorenzo since his campaign against Simoncelli.

Rossi - "Race direction must do something against Zarco because he braked on purpose in front of Franco so as not to be overtaken.
"They must do something serious to Zarco, because even in the last race in Brno he knocked out Pol Espargaró, even if he could have avoided the accident."

I think Rossi was mistaken about what happened in the accident and spoke too soon......and also that it was crass to try to use the Brno Pol incident to support his case when it was clearly a racing incident.....same as when Lorenzo sent Dani skywards except Zarco survived to reach the podium, which upset some more than the collision which Pol Espargaro caused.

Gone down a bit further in my estimation.

Big day for Dovi rubbing Ducati's nose in it......pity Jack fcuked up for the 1-2.

Good result for the Championship leaving it a little more open if Marquez is able to return soon enough...probably not next week but who knows.
Rooting Brad Binder of course.

Rossi had a very close shave. Probably shit his leathers. Zarco was just someone to vent at. All forgotten tomorrow.

"Zarco is half killer" - Morbidelli.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/zarco-morbidelli-red-bull-ring-accident/4858476/?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculation

Edited by petemoss

2 hours ago, petemoss said:

Rossi had a very close shave. Probably shit his leathers........................

Vinales got quite a fright too as the first salvo came in......and the overhead.

Maybe some steel mesh catch fencing there for next week.....Cal says they can probably afford it.  :unsure:

Crash.gif.fa5f347cdf62bbf000ed96d48f655c4e.gif

Edited by Edge

They really need to redesign the track to not allow the high speed corner before to punt bikes into the next slower one.

But it has been that way for ages so will they change it?

Could have been renamed Vinales or Rossi corner for sure. They were v lucky.

Rossi is the old man of racing and always moans about dangerous riding nowadays.

He is still the GOAT but age catches up on everyone...he should retire this year imo. Going to a satellite Yam team to circle around in 10th does no one any favours.

^ The tracks may have been suitable for racing speeds when they were designed but not safe now at today's speeds. 

Edited by likeaking

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Racing bikes at 200mph isn't supposed to be safe and there is no such thing as a safe racetrack. I know the MGP riders are all moaning and asking for walls to be pushed back and corners reprofiled. Rather than destroy a track that creates great racing perhaps they should just not race there again, like they don't at Suzuka for safety reasons.
Personally I'd strap every moaning MGP rider onto the back of Michael Dunlop for a flying lap of the island. 

7 hours ago, article22 said:

Going to a satellite Yam team to circle around in 10th does no one any favours.

Half the races so far this year have been won by a satellite Yamaha. Only Dovi's win broke the factory bike duck

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I’m all for improving safety and such but isn’t top flight racing, be it MotoGP or F1 always going to be dangerous? Isn’t the possibility that shit can go sideways one of the reasons people tune in every race? There’s a very definitive reason why only 20 or so people on the planet can or are prepared do it. 

The men who get on a bike or in a car and do 200mph + are never going to be ever truly safe, it’s a massive risk but they do it for a variety of reasons and I’ll always watch in amazement. 

Unbelievable how close that was. Vinales and Rossi SO lucky! So happy to have racing back again though. Looking forward to this weekend! :)

I see Rossi is still at it, saying that Zarco made a 'serious error of judgement'.
I was expecting to see a detailed clip of the overtaking move, where Franco appeared to move across left just as Zarco moved right, got sorta sucked in and hit him from behind (therefore his fault?).

Anyway just another clip showing flying bikes but from his own camera....so  more headline grabbing....guess he has a lot of stuff to sell with no crowds to buy it.
Also never underestimate the mind games some play to get their opponents rattled.

I heard there was to be an official 'inquest' today, 
No Q that Zar came across to the right but as I saw it 50/50 with Mor moving left.
Even if they do blame Zar I give no credit to Rossi for crying to teacher.

I recall him flip flopping across in front of MM taking his front wheel away.
Slower speed but such is Rossi's cheat skill level I'm sure deliberate.
Wounded old goats are dangerous.

One thing about this season though, the absence of whiney Marquez, long may it continue, has made for some great racing and an interesting championship so far. Dovie spoiled it a bit last week but generally I'd be happy if all the old guard stepped down. this new lot are electric.

• Like 2

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

14 hours ago, PepeLePew said:

One thing about this season though, the absence of whiney Marquez, long may it continue, has made for some great racing and an interesting championship so far. Dovie spoiled it a bit last week but generally I'd be happy if all the old guard stepped down. this new lot are electric.

Since when is Marquez "whiney"? What's he got to whine about? Having too many championships/poles/race wins/records? haha

It is making the start of this season interesting having him out and giving everyone else a chance to step up. Looking forward to see who will make the most of it.

16 hours ago, Edge said:

I heard there was to be an official 'inquest' today, 
No Q that Zar came across to the right but as I saw it 50/50 with Mor moving left.
Even if they do blame Zar I give no credit to Rossi for crying to teacher.

They had the inquest. Looks like it was Zarco's fault. He took an extreme tight line into the KINK in order to overtake Morbi which made him run wide into the braking zone for T3 and cut Morbi off (who couldn't brake in time and had no where to go). Some people are saying that he probably would have run off the track anyhow because he was too hot and too wide to make that T3 anyhow.

Overzealous overtake it seems. He'll probably get some minor punishment. They are all just lucky it wasn't a major tragedy.

39 minutes ago, kramer_456 said:

Since when is Marquez "whiney"? What's he got to whine about? Having too many championships/poles/race wins/records? haha

It is making the start of this season interesting having him out and giving everyone else a chance to step up. Looking forward to see who will make the most of it.

Life seems empty without MnM....he's a phenomenon.....just hope we get to see him one more time at Buriram.

Thankfully there are quite a few bright new stars coming through the ranks...Qua obv...Bag hopefully...Bin my fave.....but they have it still to prove. Still hoping Vin proves his worth...Alex making steady progress but.....

All round MotoGP is in very good shape.

1 hour ago, Edge said:

Life seems empty without MnM....he's a phenomenon.....just hope we get to see him one more time at Buriram.

Thankfully there are quite a few bright new stars coming through the ranks...Qua obv...Bag hopefully...Bin my fave.....but they have it still to prove. Still hoping Vin proves his worth...Alex making steady progress but.....

All round MotoGP is in very good shape.

MotoGP has never been better IMHO. Unified chip and software has really made a difference in bringing everyone closer together.

But MM is obviously a serious freak. I have no doubt he'll go down as the greatest ever before he's done.

These young guys are looking pretty special coming through. But as we've seen with Vinales, its not as easy as MM made it all look.

Being super fast is one thing but getting the consistency down pat and not making any mistakes in the races is tough to do week in week out for years on end.

I really think Dovi is unlucky. With no MM around he would be a 3 x world champ at the moment. He doesn't always look the fastest, but on race day he's the most consistent over the last few years (apart from MM).

Well done Rossi you win.

Zarco to start from pit lane.

Twats.

3 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Without Rossi as campaign organiser I doubt it would have gone to 'trial' but really I was reacting to the severity of the penalty.

Oh well....on with the racing I see the steel catch fence is in place.

56 minutes ago, Edge said:

Without Rossi as campaign organiser I doubt it would have gone to 'trial' but really I was reacting to the severity of the penalty.

Oh well....on with the racing I see the steel catch fence is in place.

I watched a bit of FP1, didn’t see the steel catch fence in place at last weeks accident, they look to have ended the air fence. 

16 minutes ago, Dr No said:

I watched a bit of FP1, didn’t see the steel catch fence in place at last weeks accident, they look to have ended the air fence. 

I'll look again.....I thought the air fence now sticks out almost to the apex (like a sticking plaster one said?) and sticking up above that looked like steel catch fencing.

10 hours ago, kramer_456 said:

He's always been whiney. Don't believe the big smiley facade he puts out. Terrible sportsman and a cheat.

10 hours ago, kramer_456 said:

Definitely, so much better without him in it. It's no surprise really that finally a crash has done him some damage. He does like to crash :D
1 person who won't be stepping up is Cal Crutchache. Surprised he's even got a ride to be honest. He'd be midfield in WSB

RULES

1NQq.gif

Is Moto GP similar to F1 in so far as the best riders are teamed with the best bikes/teams, are there red hot favourites at the beginning of every season, asking cos i genuinely dont know.

7 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

Is Moto GP similar to F1 in so far as the best riders are teamed with the best bikes/teams, are there red hot favourites at the beginning of every season, asking cos i genuinely dont know.

Yes and no. In recent years Marc Marquez has made it a bit of a snoozefest however changes to regs over the last 5 years have made the independents much more competitive, to the point where they have won 3 out of 4 races so far this year, but that's partly because moany Marc is injured. Marc rides for Honda and whether that is the best bike is up for debate. No one else can get it to work like he does. There isn't the huge divide that you get in F1 partly because most of the independents are satellite teams, they buy bikes from the top manufacturer teams. Depending on the deal $ they may get year old designs or even current bikes, albeit being at the bottom of the Q for development parts.

As a for instance the satellite Yamaha's seem to be the bike to have currently (2 wins), followed by satellite ducatis (1 win). Those teams with satellite Hondas are nowhere though I have no doubt Marc would have ridden the bike to victory if he hadn't broke himself.

RULES

1NQq.gif