IGNORED

Moto GP

Kim Jong Il

Its been nailed on for a while now but congratulations to Mark Marquesz on winning the title in Japan last weekend.

How many more to come......2....5....10. Time will tell.

So Australia it is this weekend....Philip Island.

I must confess I didn't see qualifying......waaaaay out of my time zone but I will try and get up for the race tomorrow!

Starting grid courtesy of Crashnet:

Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 29.199s

Maverick Viñales ESP Movistar Yamaha (YZR-M1) 1m 29.509s +0.301s

Johann Zarco FRA Monster Yamaha Tech3 (YZR-M1) 1m 29.705s +0.506s

Andrea Iannone ITA Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 29.712s +0.513s

Alex Rins ESP Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 30.026s +0.827s

Jack Miller AUS Pramac Ducati (GP17) 1m 30.140s +0.941s

Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha (YZR-M1) 1m 30.270s +1.071s

Danilo Petrucci ITA Pramac Ducati (GP18) 1m 30.328s +1.129s

Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP18) 1m 30.519s +1.320s

Hafizh Syahrin MAL Monster Yamaha Tech3 (YZR-M1)* 1m 30.593s +1.394s

Pol Espargaro ESP Red Bull KTM Factory (RC16) 1m 30.640s +1.441s

Alvaro Bautista ESP Ducati Team (GP18) 1m 32.367s +3.168s

Edited by Kim Jong Il

Vinales

Iannone

Dovi

Yamaha take their first win since the Dutch round in 2017, aided and abetted no doubt by the 'incident' involving Marquesz and Zarco at the beginning of lap 6. Fortunately no damage to either rider.

Malaysia next week.....any of you guys from Thailand going there for a weekend out?

The Sepang track in Malaysia see's the action this weekend.

Front row is:

Zarco

Rossi

Iannone

Marquesz was the fastest despite a fall during a very wet qualifying but has been relegated 6 places following an 'incident' with Iannone. This is his second grid penalty of the season after being relegated three places in the Circuit of the Americas.

Dovi also had an off and starts from 5th.

With the title all wrapped up the race is on for best of the rest and Dovi will hope to cement his 2nd place position.

The race has been brought forward 2 hours tomorrow due the potential of rain.

• 2 weeks later...

Last race of the season see's everyone in Valencia.

Vinales

Dovi

Rins

Not ideal qualifying conditions.....damp but dry enough for slicks.

Rossi didn't get past the first round and starts on the 6th row. Vinales takes pole....quite a difference between the two Yamaha's.

Marquesz dropped it a turn 4 on his first fast lap and dislocated his shoulder. Shoulder popped back in and he puts it on the second row!

Not a lot to race for other than pride but could be an interesting race tomorrow with the weather being a bit uncertain.

Was a great day at the circuit today. 

Have to say this is by far the best circuit I've been to so far. You have very good visual on a large portion of the track from pretty much all tribunes. 

Very well designed. 

• Like 1

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

So it finishes

Dovi

Rins

Espargarpo

Interesting race!

Wet from the start, lots of fallers (is that a word), race stopped with 14 laps to go.

Blistering start from Rins who led by a country mile after 4 laps.

Cracking start from Rossi as well.

With Marquesz out fairly early on that left Dovi and Rossi to chase Rins and a good job they did too. When the race was stopped there was only a couple of bike lengths between these three.

The restart when it came was very quick...pit lane open for 60 seconds and a swift warm up lap then away.

Another good start from Rins but Dovi soon caught and overtook him. Rossi couldn't quite get on the pace but these three soon left the rest behind. The finishing order looked nailed on till Rossi dropped it but he managed to get going again and finished 13th, enough to seal 3rd place in the championship....not bad for an oldie on a bike which has been off the pace most of the season.

All in all not a bad year for a spectator, some really good races and a few boring ones. 

Testing starts on Tuesday so a few guys will be riding this circuit on different bikes than they rode today.

Many thanks to the guys who have helped to keep this thread going.

Looking forward to next season.

• 2 months later...

Thinking of trying to get to the Thailand MotoGP in October. For those that went last year how much were the ticket prices. I am not bothered about the Grandstand, happy to sit on the grass. Is it necessary to book tickets or just buy on race day.

I know accommodation is probably gone in Buriram, i can travel on the day.

3 hours ago, chris2004 said:

Thinking of trying to get to the Thailand MotoGP in October. For those that went last year how much were the ticket prices. I am not bothered about the Grandstand, happy to sit on the grass. Is it necessary to book tickets or just buy on race day.

I don't know how much the tickets were but I know that if you booked them through 7 - 11 and picked them up and paid for them within a certain time period they were quite well discounted.

Maybe look at 7 - 11 website...

I don't know your location to know whether this is feasible.

If you scroll back through the pages here (pain in the butt I know) but I'm sure Edge wrote up some good info regarding this for last year.

• 2 months later...
On 08/02/2019 at 02:00, chris2004 said:

How did you get on with this in the end? Any tips appreciated.

I'm thinking of doing either the Thai or Malay GP this year (although more than likely will be 2020 now)

• 4 months later...

Bumping a slightly older thread because the last 2 races have been unbelievable. IMHO this is what top class motor racing should look like, F1, Indycar, V8 Supercars etc etc have nothing on these guys. Both races have been close from start to finish and the last corner passes for wins have been ‘scream at the tv’ type events. 

Only thing that would it made it better if it had been Ducati’s winning both times :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2019 at 10:33, Dr No said:

Bumping a slightly older thread because the last 2 races have been unbelievable. IMHO this is what top class motor racing should look like, F1, Indycar, V8 Supercars etc etc have nothing on these guys. Both races have been close from start to finish and the last corner passes for wins have been ‘scream at the tv’ type events. 

Only thing that would it made it better if it had been Ducati’s winning both times :)

My neighbour: "Got yourself a new fancy women, Billy?"
Me: "What? No!"
My neighbour: "Come off it mate, I heard you last Sunday"
Me: "Heard me what?"
My neighbour: " Shouting at the top of your voice - Go on! Go on!, Yes, yes, yes! Fucking yes"
Me: "Oh that. I was just watching the MotoGP"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 26/08/2019 at 10:33, Dr No said:

Just a shame that the rest of the season has been a snooze fest. Last 2 races though, just wow!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

3 hours ago, PepeLePew said:

Just a shame that the rest of the season has been a snooze fest. Last 2 races though, just wow!

It’s never a good thing for any motorsport when the guy who leads the first corner drives away and wins easily, Marquez has a habit of doing that in MotoGP, Hamilton in F1, McLoughlin in SuperCars. 

The wow factor has certainly been there last few races for MotoGP, even the F1 race in Italy was pretty exciting, who doesn’t love a Ferrari win at Monza?

Here’s hoping the rest of the season for bikes, San Marino, Aragon,  then our beloved LOS is just as exciting as the last 2 races. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nope, the snoozefest continues. F1 has been more interesting this year. Very worrying for Dorna I guess.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

• 7 months later...

Good news for Thailand.

Still no word for December though.

received_562568841088001.thumb.jpeg.ef934dd3abdb8ed067a09e4592e14969.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't think the teams will tolerate the 14 day quarantine.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

4 hours ago, likeaking said:

Don't think the teams will tolerate the 14 day quarantine.

I expect they'll get a pass like I believe the F1 has arranged for some of their races.

RULES

1NQq.gif

1 hour ago, kane666 said:

Still holding Grandstand tickets so loving the positive noises but not daring to be optimistic.

Reschuled date of Oct 4 is gone but Nov-Dec is still there if Thai Gov agree to spectators. Long way off but they have to decide by this month end if they could agree to that and a business bubble for teams.

Probably both Thailand and Malaysia could be viable without tourist travel and it would be pretty neat if there could be an Asian double header.

Everything crossed here anyway.

From a PN report.....

"This year’s event is expected to take place on November 21 and 22, but the organizers will have to check the readiness of participating countries. Nonetheless, the Ministry of Public Health has prepared measures to help limit the spread of COVID-19, should the race be granted permission to go ahead".

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/07/2020 at 18:46, Edge said:

From a PN report.....

"This year’s event is expected to take place on November 21 and 22, but the organizers will have to check the readiness of participating countries. Nonetheless, the Ministry of Public Health has prepared measures to help limit the spread of COVID-19, should the race be granted permission to go ahead".

“The FIM, IRTA and Dorna Sports regret to announce the cancellation of the Gran Premio Motul de la Republica Argentina, OR Thailand Grand Prix and Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix in 2020,” MotoGP said in a joint statement with the governing body FIM and the teams’ association IRTA.

• Sad 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png