IGNORED

Anybody know any hotels with no reception to avoid the 'walk of shame'?

interestedToHangOut?

I'm with you on this one, OP. Even if they don't care, I'd rather not have a receptionist looking at me and the girl, or girls, or the LB, as I go in with them and up to the room. I also believe that the girl, etc feels more embarrassed than if there was nobody to go past. It's Thailand! Hotels? No, I only know guest houses where there's no reception. What's the difference anyway? Any guest house will do in that case, or better still, why not rent a condo?

Air BnB condo's are mainly taken, not sure how to find condos easily without walking around and asking prices etc. Be good to know a trustworthy website on a weekly basis.

Ah, this is new to me also about Guest Houses, they all seemed to have a reception, when I have seen them, when walking past.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awhile back in 2012, I stayed at the Guest House on Soi Lengkee.

(as you walk up Lengkee from soi Buakhao, it's on the right hand side, about 3/4 of the way up the soi)

The registration desk looked more like a clothes shop, which in fact was selling swimsuits at the time I stayed there.

The entrance to the guesthouse rooms was next door to the clothes shop.

There was no security or anything. You just opened a locked glass door with your key.

So you were mostly out of the line of sight of the people in the shop when going to your room.

It's a small, multi-story building with clusters of 4 rooms on each level.

No elevators, but this skinny female desk clerk carried my suitcase up 4 flights of stairs, to my amusement.

Appreciated will paste this info thanks

KTK Regent Suites you can go through the car park straight into elevator and up to room without setting foot in reception. I stayed there for a month and only had 1 girl check in at reception (only because she wasn't smart enough to follow my instructions " lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The funny thing about first impressions is you don't get a second chance at them!

Walk of shame is when you return to your hotel at 2am by yourself.

But seriously, I would not feel safe staying in a place with no reception at night. Sha,e be damned. Safety comes first.

Air BnB condo's are mainly taken, not sure how to find condos easily without walking around and asking prices etc. Be good to know a trustworthy website on a weekly basis.

Not sure why you are experiencing this. Every time I have searched for my dates literally 100's of condo's are available. Are you sure you are using the site correctly?

Lk legend or LK Celestite they have more then 1 building so easy to get to your room and never see anyone from the reception.....I just park mine bike in the basement and go to mine room....LK Celestite just opened i really did like it,in the day time no people in the pool......90 % who did stay there are chinese,so they just gone all day with there tour

Once you've done asian,there is no going back to caucasian.

Except neither of those properties are really that close to "the main drag" ...

Lk legend or LK Celestite they have more then 1 building so easy to get to your room and never see anyone from the reception.....I just park mine bike in the basement and go to mine room....LK Celestite just opened i really did like it,in the day time no people in the pool......90 % who did stay there are chinese,so they just gone all day with there tour

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

Walk of shame is when you return to your hotel at 2am by yourself.

Quote of the day!

It is true I have done this and yes I felt embarrassed

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Couple of things to bear in mind, well 3 actually

1. 99% of hotel reception staff have seen it all before - nothing surprises them; they really don't care.

2. Checking a girls id is for your own safety - not just to check she is legit' but so they have a record should she do a runner with your cash and $1000 camera in the morning.

3. Last, but by no means least, hotels here have a legal obligation to record the details of everyone who stays. That rule is often ignored but most hotels will abide by it these days as the last thing they want is the BiB giving them shit for failing to do so.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

4. If it's something important to you, the reception desk can give you a heads up if your lady de jour happens to have "Mr" on her ID card instead of "Miss" or "Mrs". It avoids that embarrassing surprise reveal up in the room. 555  (Unless you do the Crocodile Dundee or Donald Trump pussy-grab to make sure on your own prior to the room.)

Not sure why you are experiencing this. Every time I have searched for my dates literally 100's of condo's are available. Are you sure you are using the site correctly?

Yeah, Travel is my life, I live outside UK, work online, wherever I am, that's my current home. My budget is not the usual 2 week holiday hotel budget so most the decent Air Bnbs are already taken at my budget.

I have several options to try though all from this thread all with in walking distance, will check them out tomorrow. They're all Guest Houses.

Yeah, Travel is my life, I live outside UK, work online, wherever I am, that's my current home. My budget is not the usual 2 week holiday hotel budget so most the decent Air Bnbs are already taken at my budget.

I have several options to try though all from this thread all with in walking distance, will check them out tomorrow. They're all Guest Houses.

Agreed. Decent condos near the action for reasonable prices are hard to find. By reasonable, I mean below VT6 prices. You need to expand your search parameters a little. You can get something nice in Jontiem or third road for decent prices.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

Ah, this is new to me also about Guest Houses, they all seemed to have a reception, when I have seen them, when walking past.

Get it, yes. The people I know who stay in condos have got them 'on the spot' i.e.. they walk round, call in at places, have a look and decide. When they've got a good one they book it every year by phoning the owner. There's a lot of places which don't advertise on the internet and they certainly don't come up on the search engine sites. That makes them a lot cheaper. Then there are those who have friends in Pattaya whom they rely on to book a room for them. What you can do if you're new is get a hotel for a night or 2 and do some leg work.

Canterbury Tales does not have reception, although some of the entrances are right next to massage shops. Best building for a private entrance is the one above & to the right of Triangle bar - entrance round the back.

Get it, yes. The people I know who stay in condos have got them 'on the spot' i.e.. they walk round, call in at places, have a look and decide. When they've got a good one they book it every year by phoning the owner. There's a lot of places which don't advertise on the internet and they certainly don't come up on the search engine sites. That makes them a lot cheaper. Then there are those who have friends in Pattaya whom they rely on to book a room for them. What you can do if you're new is get a hotel for a night or 2 and do some leg work.

Canterbury Tales does not have reception, although some of the entrances are right next to massage shops. Best building for a private entrance is the one above & to the right of Triangle bar - entrance round the back.

Cheers for the info yeah it maybe worth walking around for a condo, will see how these guest houses suit. So far i've been in a backpackers hostel getting massages, not bad actually.

Cheers for the info yeah it maybe worth walking around for a condo, will see how these guest houses suit. So far i've been in a backpackers hostel getting massages, not bad actually.

We do actually have a reception but the Bookshop/building A rooms have a back door which can be used anytime, we call it the discreet backdoor or the ugly door as if you wake up after a heavy drinking session with an ugly bird you can sneak her out the back door.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

China Garden Soi Lengkee now has an electronic kee card entry system, all the rooms can be accessed on the 1st floor.... come and go discreetly 

IMG_2620.JPG

My security guards at my condo I stay are sound as a pound - Diamond suites thrappaya hill

the reception is a way of security for the client. I also believe it is not a walk of shame, all the staff knows we are not in Pattaya for the beautiful beach.

Comment from a hotel staff girl :  You are not a butterfly , you are helicopter !
Comment from an owner : that girl -- would like to see her come for security check any day.

But that's not a shame. Rather a war medal. Just see you don't get hurt in battle.

Tried Dave's back door entrance as a guest.. Works splendid. 
Neat place to go during the day for maybe breakfast and to have a nice tea for an even nicer price too.

Further more, i tried 'hole in one' on Soi Lengkee. That's about 100 m towards Bukhao from Retox. Great rooms / good price. No reception.

Never had a hotel with reception desk.. Never had a problem.. Never missed it. 
If my gut feeling tells me to do so, i ask someone in the place wherever i stay to check id for gender and age to be on the safe side.
For other things : use the safe in your room.
That's all.

Sometimes the worst decisions bring us to the best places

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

• 2 months later...

the Nova Platinum

you can go in to hotel  via the car park or through the pool / side entrance depending which wing you are staying in , was handy for me as I was having multiple threesomes with a bi thai girl I had meet , but in the end the staff have seen it all before lol

Archived