Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Haven in soi lenkee

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Having stayed at La Cerise guest house on soi Lenkee on several occasions, I was disappointed when it closed last year. Well the owners of The Haven (formerly on Beach Road) have now taken over, and I am delighted to say that the place is even better than before.

3_pics_haven_home.jpg

The Haven is a guest-friendly, boutique hotel/guesthouse situated on Soi Lengkee, The location is great, not only for nearby LK Metro, but your only 2 minutes walk for a Baht bus to Walking Street. I had a last minute booking and was lucky to find a room, all they had was the smallest room (Queen bed), which was fine. I would recommend a front facing room, you get a great view of all the 'action' happening on the soi, but can shut out all the noise with the double glazed patio doors.

As well as decent wifi which doesn't require constantly logging on, the in-room facilities include:

• Electronic safety boxes for your valuables

• Activated carbon filtrated water even in the showers
• Stocked Mini bar refrigerator
• Double Glazed windows to keep out the heat and noise
• Top quality hypo-Allergenic latex mattresses
• High quality hypo-Allergenic latex pillows
• High quality furnishings, linen and fittings
• Private balcony 

It is 800THB for a Queen room and 1,000THB for a King. In terms of downsides, there are very few. There was a tiny leak in my bathroom ceiling, which is beginning to turn a small patch of ceiling black....that is the only negative I can honestly come up with.

The Haven has a nice comfortable restaurant serving a broad range of Thai and International dishes with a good choice of beers and wines. Breakfasts are their specialty - a massive full English at 150THB and a normal size for under 100THB - unlimited refills of tea and coffee too.

restaurant.jpg

There is a pleasant terrace area right on soi lenkee kerbside, ideal for those who smoke or for the guys that like to ogle the hotties as they walk past.

3_pics_haven_restaurant(2).jpg

For anyone who plays golf, Steve the owner organises events on Mon/Wed/Fri from the Haven.

The Haven is upmarket, spotlessly clean, modern, inexpensive and centrally located and it presents good service standards along with smiling and helpful; staff. In short, the Haven is a great place to stay. 

Lottellee Winna review score: The Haven deservedly gets a big 8.5/10 

IMG_3428.JPG

IMG_3429.JPG

IMG_3430.JPG

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey mate, looks great, seems the have a fixed rate of 800/1000b low and hi season which is good, dependent on room size .

I couldn't find them on Agoda but the website is well laid out http://www.thehaven-hotel.com/index.php

They seem to want to get the golf crowd, would you say that for a normal monger its still all good?

Also do they have a discreet entrance back to the rooms?

Thats great news for all of us who liked La Cerise so much!Thanks for the review mate!

P.s is Steve the same guy who runs The golf club in LK Metro as well?

Hey mate, looks great, seems the have a fixed rate of 800/1000b low and hi season which is good, dependent on room size .

I couldn't find them on Agoda but the website is well laid out http://www.thehaven-hotel.com/index.php

They seem to want to get the golf crowd, would you say that for a normal monger its still all good?

Also do they have a discreet entrance back to the rooms?

Yes mate, the prices don't appear to have seasonal fluctuations - definitely good value.

While they cater for golfers, you would barely know it. There is an absence of golfing memorabilia of any kind. The only time I saw the golfing guys was between 5pm and 6pm where the guys would unwind with a beer and do a quick prize giving.

Sorry no discrete entrance, so no getting away from some 'walk of shame'...only kidding the staff are hugely respectful to the TGs who accompany the falang into the Haven.

Room looks nice but fuck me, that's tiny

Was there a curtain in the bathroom?

Sent from my awesome LG G4 using Tapatalk

Thats great news for all of us who liked La Cerise so much!Thanks for the review mate!

P.s is Steve the same guy who runs The golf club in Lk metro as well?

Thanks for the positive feedback...much appreciated.

No, AFAIK it's a different set-up and owner from The Golf Club in LK.

Great review and the place really looks a big step up from most others around there but still at a good price.

The old Haven restaurant was not enclosed and I wasn't keen on the tanks with live seafood on the left as you faced the Soi. One morning I was eating my breakfast next to a couple of dead fish floating in one.

The other issue previously in the restaurant was guys smoking cigars, just like Golf Club on LK.

Maybe cigars and golfers go together but it seems the place will not allow smoking inside.

Thanks for posting this :GoldenSmile1:

Edit: I am certain they slapped on VAT previously in the restaurant, in addition to the advertised prices, but this was a couple of years ago.

Did they stop doing that or do they still do ?

Room looks nice but fuck me, that's tiny

Was there a curtain in the bathroom?

Sent from my awesome LG G4 using Tapatalk

Yes mate, its a small room, they have ones much bigger, but that's all they had available. If I was staying for longer than a week then it would feel too small, but I personally found it fine. The bathroom and bedroom are separated by a sliding door, there is no curtain, but such is the design of the bathroom that I never got the bathroom soaking wet.

Great review and the place really looks a big step up from most others around there but still at a good price.

The old Haven restaurant was not enclosed and I wasn't keen on the tanks with live seafood on the left as you faced the Soi. One morning I was eating my breakfast next to a couple of dead fish floating in one.

The other issue previously in the restaurant was guys smoking cigars, just like Golf Club on LK.

Maybe cigars and golfers go together but it seems the place will not allow smoking inside.

Thanks for posting this :GoldenSmile1:

Appreciate the feedback mate. No smoking in the restaurant, but it is allowed on the external terrace.

thanks for the review, it is always nice to see more pictures and hear from people that have stayed at hotels.

But i have to say that with how small the room size looks, for even the bigger room, i think i would rather stay at natureview if i am to stay in that area.

Might just be personal preference, but but room sizes are important for me. :)

---------------------------
Here we go!!!

thanks for the review, it is always nice to see more pictures and hear from people that have stayed at hotels.

But i have to say that with how small the room size looks, for even the bigger room, i think i would rather stay at natureview if i am to stay in that area.

Might just be personal preference, but but room sizes are important for me. :)

Yes mate I fully understand your point. We all have our own list of essential criteria. For some guys it's room size, for others it's a swimming pool or even a shower what isn't over the bath. The great thing about Patts is that we are spoiled for choice, there is just about something to suit everybody.

Really enjoyed staying at La Cerise. Didn't realise it was open again albeit under new owners. Pic of the brekky would be good if you get a chance.

Really enjoyed staying at La Cerise. Didn't realise it was open again albeit under new owners. Pic of the brekky would be good if you get a chance.

breakfast-1.jpg

This is a pic of the breakfast on the website, the full breakfast now has 2 sausages.

breakfast-1.jpg

This is a pic of the breakfast on the website, the full breakfast now has 2 sausages.

Looks awesome. Will check them out next trip for a room and will try their brekky regardless. Usually do Continental Bakery or Rockhouse so can make this an alternate on some days.

Yes mate, the prices don't appear to have seasonal fluctuations - definitely good value.

While they cater for golfers, you would barely know it. There is an absence of golfing memorabilia of any kind. The only time I saw the golfing guys was between 5pm and 6pm where the guys would unwind with a beer and do a quick prize giving.

Sorry no discrete entrance, so no getting away from some 'walk of shame'...only kidding the staff are hugely respectful to the TGs who accompany the falang into the Haven.

I don't mind the golfing memorabilia, just wouldn't want to take up a room that a golfer might miss out. I often eat at the golf club, never golfed I'm my life, OK putt putt I have 555

I don't mind the golfing memorabilia, just wouldn't want to take up a room that a golfer might miss out. I often eat at the golf club, never golfed I'm my life, OK putt putt I have 555

Steve the owner I am sure wants the business of all visitors...give it a try, for the money (esp high season), it represents good value IMHO.

Up to 2 years ago I stayed virtually next door in the block lower down towards soi Buk,all these units/studios are almost the same as each other and similar prices,if like me staying for four or five months a year I negotiated a rate of 12,000 baht/month inc of water& electric,for 50 baht/day you could use the Vogue hotels gym and pool.Current rate a good friend of mine pays in Noble Place (next door) is 13,000 baht/month fully inclusive.

The Bluebird Cafe round the side of the Haven is much more.....yet the same room layout....go figure :Think1:

Steve the owner I am sure wants the business of all visitors...give it a try, for the money (esp high season), it represents good value IMHO.

Maybe give Links hotel a go next time. Its under new management and they've spent a fair amount of cash improving it, plus golf available most days. On Soi Buakhao.

Thank you for the great review Mr LW! I used to stay at the previous location. I was a little hesitant about the new location since I was not sure if I could walk up all those stairs if the room that they allocated to me was on the top floor. Old age :-)

I will be in Pattaya in three weeks time and top of my list was to check the hotel.

Do you know how many rooms the hotel has got and how many rooms are in each floor?

Looks good but I've booked Honey Inn for my upcoming trip.

I'll definitely go and have a look though.

Robw

Thank you for the great review Mr LW! I used to stay at the previous location. I was a little hesitant about the new location since I was not sure if I could walk up all those stairs if the room that they allocated to me was on the top floor. Old age :-)

I will be in Pattaya in three weeks time and top of my list was to check the hotel.

Do you know how many rooms the hotel has got and how many rooms are in each floor?

Mate, thanks for the positive feedback - appreciated. The stairs are quite steep. I reckon 12+ rooms - 4 per floor.

Look really great for that money. What about wifi in the room?

Cause the sweetest kiss I ever got is the one I´ve never tasted

Look really great for that money. What about wifi in the room?

Wifi in the room is pretty good...only need to log in once. I get pissed off in some places which require conststant logging in.

Archived