IGNORED

The Haven in soi lenkee

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Thanks for the positive feedback...much appreciated.

No, AFAIK it's a different set-up and owner from The Golf Club in LK.

i've heard witherspoons in soi buakhao rents out good quality golf clubs........You can confirm?.......(right around the corner)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've heard witherspoons in soi buakhao rents out good quality golf clubs........You can confirm?.......(right around the corner)

AFAIK, 'Spoons is no longer running the golf trips (could be wrong, but I think the organizer has moved to Retox 2...anyone confirm?). Top quality clubs - Callaway/Mizuno/Ping etc can be hired from Thaigerline on soi Choyapoon.

The vogue hotel you speak of.......Is it on soi buakhao or 3rd road.?.......checked it out-looks good!

Its directly behind the Haven on soi Lenkee.

Nice small cosy place with some 'quirky' (LB friendly?) touches - urinal in the bathroom as well as loo?  OP, any ideas?

Hi mate - sent you a PM in response to yours. It is definitely a guest friendly place, not sure about LB's, sorry.

Cheers. Just for the record - the LB reference was apropos the urinal 555

In it's previous incarnation, this place was La Cerise, with it's French theme and the decor and fittings were slightly, ahem, 'flamboyant' - a bit like the 'Liberarce' touches in the LK hotels. I see where your coming from re the LB comment  :GoldenSmile1:

AFAIK, 'Spoons is no longer running the golf trips (could be wrong, but I think the organizer has moved to Retox 2...anyone confirm?). Top quality clubs - Callaway/Mizuno/Ping etc can be hired from Thaigerline on soi Choyapoon.

Thanks......yeah i know where thaigerline is but wasn't sure they had clubs at the ready for hire......trips in the van i knew....

You being the golfer Lottellee would know it's not ideal to pay descent money on a top course with crappy equipment in your hand...

Thanks......yeah i know where thaigerline is but wasn't sure they had clubs at the ready for hire......trips in the van i knew....

You being the golfer Lottellee would know it's not ideal to pay descent money on a top course with crappy equipment in your hand...

Yes mate, playing with crappy golf clubs is no good. If you are playing your golf via Thaigerline they will cut you a very cheap deal for the club-hire (need to speak to Fabien the owner for that). They have an indoor practice area in the Thaigerline shop, so you can knock a few balls around prior to making your hire club choice.

Yes mate, playing with crappy golf clubs is no good. If you are playing your golf via Thaigerline they will cut you a very cheap deal for the club-hire (need to speak to Fabien the owner for that). They have an indoor practice area in the Thaigerline shop, so you can knock a few balls around prior to making your hire club choice.

Golf bars often have clubs for hire, i know Links bar does in Buakhao. I think its 500 baht a day.

Seems I'm the only guest not sporting golfing attire!  Certainly can't be said that golfers lack a sense of humour 555

EDIT: By the way, the coffee and food in the ground floor restaurant is excellent.

Glad your enjoying the Haven....was there any issue bringing a girl/s back - did the night-watchman guy check ID?

Glad your enjoying the Haven....was there any issue bringing a girl/s back - did the night-watchman guy check ID?

No probs - a girl came from a GoGo after closing so I was tucked up in bed at the time so not sure if the watchman checked ID (he was asleep when I snuck by at 2am!)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

remember the old location in soi 13. finally getting round to clearing the site and it's a pretty big one.........

595e9eacbc5c5_july6009(Custom).JPG.4a2730dca365568dd67ed33b2b949e77.JPG

595e9ec31fc36_july6010(Custom).JPG.b918ed77a530637f083a9303b2678aae.JPG

• 5 months later...

Just a quick update on The Haven hotel. I stayed there again last week - my verdict, it's as good as always. Michael (edit Stephen) the owner was kind enough to give me a large room for the price of a smaller one. So I paid 800 THB for a quiet and well appointed king-size room. As always, the place is spotlessly clean and very well run. The staff are friendly and helpful.

A special mention the breakfasts, very tasty, and at 99THB, represent outstanding value. 

I thought the owner is Stephen? I always arranged my stays at the old Haven with Stephen, and see him quite often when I eat breakfast in the new Haven. Never met Michael.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

I thought the owner is Stephen? I always arranged my stays at the old Haven with Stephen, and see him quite often when I eat breakfast in the new Haven. Never met Michael.
Michael is the guy who pretends to be the owner, needs deporting

I was just looking at the place on booking.com yesterday

My main concern, is that its located on a very busy road with quite a few  bars

is the double glazing really that good to keep out most of the traffic & bar noise  ?

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
49 minutes ago, localguy said:

Michael is the guy who pretends to be the owner, needs deporting

That’s as funny as fuck 555

Sorry, it’s Stephen...got mixed up with Michael the owner of Boomerang guesthouse.

24 minutes ago, jaynewcastle said:

I was just looking at the place on booking.com yesterday

My main concern, is that its located on a very busy road with quite a few  bars

is the double glazing really that good to keep out most of the traffic & bar noise  ?

I always ask for a high floor anywhere I stay, this cuts down on the noise. Soi Lenkee is far from the noisiest street in the center of town, and yes the double glazing is pretty good. Slept like a baby.

55 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

I always ask for a high floor anywhere I stay, this cuts down on the noise. Soi Lenkee is far from the noisiest street in the center of town, and yes the double glazing is pretty good. Slept like a baby.

Thanks for your reply. I always ask for a high floor too, in the hope that noise is reduced.

to be honest I have never been a fan of guest houses --but my friend stayed at china garden this year so I would pass this on to him..

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

Went there regularly for the live sea bass in tanks. Deep fried in fish sauce around 400 baht for two.

Tank fresh prawns and fish appear to be gone now

Archived