IGNORED

Best Sunday special?

farastein

8 minutes ago, weblo said:

You haven't been to big hotel buffets in china, have you?

Nope. Not likely to either. I dont like the Chinese.

One good thing about the big hotel buffets in Bangkok is that the Chinese dont go to them.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, davidge said:

People rave about a buffet, or getting a huge plate of food, when the actual quality is very poor. I'd much rather get a smaller portion of good meat and properly cooked decent veg for the same price.

For me the main interest in a buffet is that I can taste many different things and, eventually, have some more of the ones that I particularly like. It's not a question of eating a lot but more of getting what I want. I rarely get exactly what I want in a meal served plated.

For example, some of the buffets I go to in Bangkok have 20 or more good types of beautifully ripe cheese. And some of them are quite unusual.  I really enjoy tasting them all with a glass of red wine, and then having a dozen or so freshly made good desserts to choose from, all made by a proper pastry chef. You simply dont get that level of choice or quality in a plated meal here.

56 minutes ago, Marcus85 said:

What are some of your recommendations for BKK? 

Majestic grande, poolside(7 th floor)? Lunch buffet,  deal for hotel guests or tell them u r a guest at majestic suites( sister hotel) and get the same deal.

450 ish baht.  The desserts are worth that alone. Can't be beat for the price.

11 hours ago, Marcus85 said:

What are some of your recommendations for BKK? 

Lunch or evening? Any particular style? With or without drinks package? With or without a good view?

Random recommendations would include Maya (Indian) Sunday lunch, and the following international ones: the Atelier at the Pullman Sunday lunch, the Millennium Hilton Sunday lunch and weekday evenings, Novotel Ploenchit (not Siam Square) Sunday lunch, Radisson Blu, Meridien at the airport. Those are all places I would go back to. There are many others.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

Lunch or evening? Any particular style? With or without drinks package? With or without a good view?

Random recommendations would include Maya (Indian) Sunday lunch, and the following international ones: the Atelier at the Pullman Sunday lunch, the Millennium Hilton Sunday lunch and weekday evenings, Novotel Ploenchit (not Siam Square) Sunday lunch, Radisson Blu, Meridien at the airport. Those are all places I would go back to. There are many others.

Was just curious about good places, I've never eaten at a buffet in Thailand, besides the breakfast spreads at hotels.

14 hours ago, Marcus85 said:

Was just curious about good places, I've never eaten at a buffet in Thailand, besides the breakfast spreads at hotels.

Best one I've been to was the Saturday night one at Dusit Thani....about 2k.

Robin Hood, which is a large bar/restaurant in The Avenue on 2nd road seems to be full all day Sunday with people eating their traditional Sunday dinner.
One thing I like is that you can have a single plate or a 3 course meal. The single plate comes with a choice of Chicken, Pork, Beef and Lamb plus the usual trimmings. You can have one meat or all 4 but the plate is always full and more than enough for me.

^^^
If they provided a Microwave it would be better.

Ingredients good (except curry flavoured Lamb) but lukewarm food onto a cold plate doesn't work for me.

• 3 months later...

Nicky’s on buakow is a v popular and well established choice for the Sunday roast as was usually packed when last there....good location as near the Diana, Lengkee and LK Metro triangle area.

The small roast is more than enough for me as still a big plate full!!

Not the cheapest but well cooked and tasty and agree with others you get what you pay for.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

• 1 month later...

Beef eater(soi diana) saturday and sunday buffet 12-4pm is absolutely best mexican buffee. Ribs, nachos, tortillas, salads, many different sauces, potatoes, creamy meat sauces etc.

I had a go of the Robin's Hood AYCE a couple of weeks ago.

It was ok- agree ref the cold plates and lukewarm food comment above, tried to warm it up with the gravy - the potatoes were nice and the lamb was actually quite succulent with just a hint of flavour...

Best part was probably the warm apple crumble and custard dessert which was actually freshly made; even though its included in the price you have to specifically ask for it when you've finished the meat and veg

On 8/23/2017 at 14:00, Geordie59 said:

Robin Hood, which is a large bar/restaurant in The Avenue on 2nd road seems to be full all day Sunday with people eating their traditional Sunday dinner.
One thing I like is that you can have a single plate or a 3 course meal. The single plate comes with a choice of Chicken, Pork, Beef and Lamb plus the usual trimmings. You can have one meat or all 4 but the plate is always full and more than enough for me.

I would second this. I tried RH for the first time the other day and was very pleased with my "regular" Sunday roast. More than enough for me at 199 baht (10% off with a VIP card).  They also do an all you can eat buffet for the lard arses at 375 baht.

On 12/01/2018 at 07:21, juho said:

Beef eater(soi diana) saturday and sunday buffet 12-4pm is absolutely best mexican buffee. Ribs, nachos, tortillas, salads, many different sauces, potatoes, creamy meat sauces etc.

Sounds interesting. How much does it cost?

2 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

Sounds interesting. How much does it cost?

395thb and you have to order drinks seperately.  Not the cheapest place but worth visiting.

Archived