IGNORED

Best Sunday special?

farastein

Hi mates, I was walking ard the LK Metro area and saw quite a number of joints serving 3course sunday specials. Wonder which of them is highly recommended?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion the sportsman on soi 13 is the best.

All you can eat for 4 or 500 baht.

5 different meats.

Edit...sorry can't remember the exact price.

Also aligned with Ardwell on the Sunday brunch at Sportsman, soi 13, it's hard to beat and has always been a good choice. Another nice option is the Sunday Mexican buffet with all you can eat bbq ribs at Beefeater, located in the small alleyway across second road from Mike's Mall (opens at noon). Plus close to LK Metro.

It's not about what you got.. It's all about what you can still get!

The mexican buffet at Beefeater's is also open on Saturday 12-4 both days. It's pretty good.

Best sunday all you can eat goes to Aroi pub & restaurant, 349 baht, very good quality. They have different buffets almost every night, Saturdays are usually good quality steaks, last week was all you can eat australian rib eyes for 599.

Not easy to find unless you're been here awhile. 

Call 087-0433227 for any reservation,
Sukhumvit Soi 89 opposite Makro drive in the Soi 700m in, on the right side.

https://www.facebook.com/Aroi-pub-pattaya-890141787731448/

The mexican buffet at Beefeater's is also open on Saturday 12-4 both days. It's pretty good.

Best sunday all you can eat goes to Aroi pub & restaurant, 349 baht, very good quality. They have different buffets almost every night, Saturdays are usually good quality steaks, last week was all you can eat australian rib eyes for 599.

Not easy to find unless you're been here awhile.

Call 087-0433227 for any reservation,

Sukhumvit Soi 89 opposite Makro drive in the Soi 700m in, on the right side.

https://www.facebook.com/Aroi-pub-pattaya-890141787731448/

Nice one,must try that place.

Finding Aroi is no problem with a map app on your phone.  It's getting there that's a problem for anyone without their own transport.  Aroi basically is useless to short term visitors.

The Sportsman buffet is one of the more expensive buffets.  It delivers, but there are better value places.

Best sunday all you can eat goes to Aroi pub & restaurant, 349 baht, very good quality.

It is fair value and most of the food on offer is tasty enough, but it isnt exactly a Sunday roast as most Brits would expect it to be. For example, I've not seen Yorkshire puddings there and the potatoes are usually sauteed rather than roast . Certainly fine for those who dont mind something a little different though.

• 2 weeks later...

Retox soi lenkie - 189 for sunday lunch in giant yorkshire pudding, chicken for this price, 199 for pork belly - great value and enough for me.

Living in Thailand for 8+ years, moved to Vietnam also making videos now on YouTube about life in Thailand, Vietnam

Nick Swift YouTube

I like Queen vic on Soi 6 good sunday carvery then stroll the 6 for desert....

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most Sunday meals in Pattaya are crap. But then what would you expect from Thai cooks cooking farang food. My wife and nephew says Queen Vic. best when visited Pattaya last month. I had meal, won't say where, and beef was Thai and terrible. Strange thing is food in Pattaya was better 37 years ago when farangs didn't own the majority of bar\ restaurants. Bars in general cook cheap and not cheerful food. Some not even cheap!

In the last couple of years I haven't had a roast dinner in Pattaya that I would be happy with if I'd cooked it myself.

Many places to eat now but few places that do really good food. I've lost count of the number of places I've tried after they were recommended on here only to be sorely disappointed.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I usually go to Jollys on Soi Buakhao. All you can eat plus soup and ice cream 239 baht. Choice of 3 or 4 meats and vegetables plus good Yorkshires. Hard to beat it for value IMO.

the bargain end...............

april 20 015 (Custom).JPG

Marquee bar soi buakaow towards central pattaya rd and beside the entrance to new plaza

9 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

The best buffet I have ever been to in Asia is at the Royal Cliff. It rivals a good vegas buffet.

The Royal Cliff is good but there are better ones in Bangkok. Prices in Bangkok tend to be more competitive also.

But again those arent really Sunday lunches as Brits know them. I think that the 200B plated main course at Robin Hood takes some beating for the price for a traditional Sunday lunch. Buffet meal also available for 400B, but less good value.

8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I think that the 200B plated main course at Robin Hood takes some beating for the price for a traditional Sunday lunch. Buffet meal also available for 400B, but less good value.

Robin Hood does seem to be getting more and more positive mentions recently - back at the time Bite Me "moved" there, there was more criticism.

On the basis that most of us would struggle with a third or fourth plateful of Sunday lunch, particularly in midday heat, it's difficult to argue against one plate at B200 being better value than AYCE at B400.  What AYCE gives you is the choice of which bits and pieces you select, if you have non-standard preferences.

khao noi sports bar is awesome, I have converted many to eating there, 150bht for a lush chicken dinner and it`s cooked perfect every week I should know we go every week, never had a bad un,

On 02/05/2017 at 03:18, chris2004 said:

I usually go to Jollys on Soi Buakhao. All you can eat plus soup and ice cream 239 baht. Choice of 3 or 4 meats and vegetables plus good Yorkshires. Hard to beat it for value IMO.

Yep hard to beat on price.

But the quality of the food is very low ,unless you like eating plenty of low quality food.

Jollys used to be one of the best restaurants in Patts 6/7 years ago for Falang meals 

But has slowly declined over the years with different owners to a level where the meals served up are pretty much a load of shite.

On 03/05/2017 at 3:34 PM, SirL said:

On the basis that most of us would struggle with a third or fourth plateful of Sunday lunch, particularly in midday heat, it's difficult to argue against one plate at B200 being better value than AYCE at B400.  What AYCE gives you is the choice of which bits and pieces you select, if you have non-standard preferences.

The staff at Robin Hood are actually quite good at putting what you want on the plate, if you tell them to. I go with friends who are quite fussy about which veg they do and dont want and they have never been disappointed. Similar to the Retox plated breakfast in fact which isnt surprising as the management is the same.

The owner has a good sense of customer satisfaction, which is more than can be said for many places here.

harrys place on soi dianna has had some good mentions 199b buffet.

I've eaten the B199 Sunday buffet at Harry's and it was the worst food I've seen for several years.  TBH it was a bit of a joke, half-heartedly stuck at the back of the restaurant.  When I saw it I only stayed because it was a very hot day and I couldn't be bothered to walk elsewhere.  The likes of Robins Nest and Jollys serve much much better Sunday buffets than Harrys.  I will certainly never eat the B199 Sunday buffet again at Harry's Place.

• 2 months later...

My favourite in Pattaya for a traditional Sunday lunch is still the 200B plate at Robin Hood. For an international brunch buffet I would probably go to Bangkok.

Went to Retox game on today, had large lamb. Overall, poor-meat dry, gravy had a weird taste, potatoes & veg OK. Wont return for Sunday Roast.

Most other food I have had there have been fine.

Archived