IGNORED

Test Match Cricket

mikeyboy

Well the day has come The Ashes Brisbane 1st game of the series.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eng 196-4. Vince and Stoneman did very well I thought, pretty slow scoring though never really got away from Australia.  Big first session tomorrow with the new ball

England need to be looking to get 350+

6 minutes ago, ALEXDELLARAY said:

Eng 196-4. Vince and Stoneman did very well I thought, pretty slow scoring though never really got away from Australia.  Big first session tomorrow with the new ball

Yes noticed that less than 2.5 runs an over would of expected over 3.

4 minutes ago, mbamber said:

They let Lyon settle early, especially on a first day wicket, it will be different story when Australia face Moeen in their innings

19 minutes ago, ALEXDELLARAY said:

13 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Very very slow wicket i gather. Should harden up so expect more runs but more wickets from tomorrow. Hope so as although England made a decent start it was all rather dull by modern game standards.

Excellent start to this Ashes series ,     Yes scoring rate has not been great , but a good battle between bat and ball .

When players have played expansive shots they have often got out  , Bairstow , Malan , Broad , Warner .

Spinners should hold the key in the last couple of days as pitch was turning on day 1

Eng  302   Aus  145 - 4

Mikeyboy

Smith did well as Australia were in trouble.  Woakes could of bowled better.

Be interesting to see what sort of total Aus. get tomorrow. New ball crucial.

20 hours ago, ALEXDELLARAY said:

Smith did well as Australia were in trouble.  Woakes could of bowled better.

Be interesting to see what sort of total Aus. get tomorrow. New ball crucial.

Yes  , Smith grinds out a century after Australia lose 3 morning session wickets.  Well supported by Pat Cummings

Australia batting even slower than England but it's tough test cricket .   274-7 trail by 28runs

Mikeyboy

4 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Yes  , Smith grinds out a century after Australia lose 3 morning session wickets.  Well supported by Pat Cummings

Australia batting even slower than England but it's tough test cricket .   274-7 trail by 28runs

Mikeyboy

England effectively 7/2. Someone needs to get a big score tomorrow

if Aus get a few early wickets tomorrow that could be the game.

That partnership between Smith and Cummins really hurt England

who look to have injury concerns over Anderson.

7 minutes ago, ALEXDELLARAY said:

Game over

I am an Aussie, and I am not prepared to call it... Anything between 130 and 200 will be a nasty small target to chase. They get over 200 in front and they would be faves..

Anything over 175 to chase will be interesting

www.sugarcanemafia.com

England need 220+ to make it challenging, very unlikely.

Once Australia see off Anderson and Broad the rest are very lacklustre

England need a plan to trouble Smith. Otherwise he could take the series away from them almost singlehandedly. Lyon and Smith will be the key for Australia all Summer. That's my guess. 

170 to win with 3+ sessions of play remaining. The Poms are royally f@#$ed.

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

On 11/26/2017 at 12:18, froddo said:

Anything over 175 to chase will be interesting

I was right. 170 was a doddle:Bravo1:

www.sugarcanemafia.com

11 minutes ago, froddo said:

I was right. 170 was a doddle:Bravo1:

against that attack I reckon they could of chased that down in a session if they needed to

Both teams surprised me.. I thought 170 was game on.  But the English were at best, insipid... no fight... except maybe in a Perth bar..  The  Aussies also surprised me. Bancroft is  a decent batsman, that innings will do him good... and Warner was just Warner, when he gets it right. I didn't think it would end up the crushing win that it turned out be

It is going to be a hard road to hoe for the Poms.  They depend on Anderson, who, when the ball is not moving, is ordinary. He can bowl defensively and dry up the runs, but holds no real terrors, if the ball isn't moving. If the ball moves around, he is just about unplayable.  Maybe Adelaide, under lights will bring him into the series in a big way.

Much the same as the last series played in Aus... bowl around their chins, and they have no answer.  And don't forget, the Gabba wicket was deadest it has been for years... If there is a fast wicket, it could be carnage...If the ball swings around, the Aussies are just as bad, they can't play a moving ball.

On 11/27/2017 at 13:00, dave01 said:

Both teams surprised me.. I thought 170 was game on.  But the English were at best, insipid... no fight... except maybe in a Perth bar..  The  Aussies also surprised me. Bancroft is  a decent batsman, that innings will do him good... and Warner was just Warner, when he gets it right. I didn't think it would end up the crushing win that it turned out be

It is going to be a hard road to hoe for the Poms.  They depend on Anderson, who, when the ball is not moving, is ordinary. He can bowl defensively and dry up the runs, but holds no real terrors, if the ball isn't moving. If the ball moves around, he is just about unplayable.  Maybe Adelaide, under lights will bring him into the series in a big way.

Much the same as the last series played in Aus... bowl around their chins, and they have no answer.  And don't forget, the Gabba wicket was deadest it has been for years... If there is a fast wicket, it could be carnage...If the ball swings around, the Aussies are just as bad, they can't play a moving ball.

Good rundown  ,   a pink ball in Adelaide under lights is just what England need, before the tougher challenges of Perth .

If the ball swings about then i would take England to beat just about any side out there , if it doesn't then will be a long summer for the tourists.

Mikeyboy

Archived