IGNORED

Test Match Cricket

mikeyboy

Test Match cricket is alive and well , i am happy to say . 

The recent test match between Bangladesh and England in Chittagong was 4 and a bit days of fascinating ebb and flow cricket , and either side could have won .

A true test of bat versus ( spinning ) ball , rather than this hit and giggle rubbish that seems to be taking over , where the bowler is just cannon fodder .

Looking forward to some more quality test cricket over the next few months  , with  India playing England and the South Africa tour of Australia .

Mikeyboy. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit to the home side as they had not played a test in 14 months.

BT sport now have the rights to Australian cricket so I will miss the SA series :(

Credit to the home side as they had not played a test in 14 months.

BT sport now have the rights to Australian cricket so I will miss the SA series :(

Yes , Bangladesh really pushed England to the edge , and they will beat one of the top sides soon , assuming they play tests more often .

India are not as good as they think they are , and i see England running them close over 5 tests from next month , It will need Cook and Root to score big runs again .   Moeen Ali has a key role this winter .

Australia favourites against South Africa , but i fancy the Springboks to do well . 

De Villiers should be back and their bowling attack is at least as good as Australia's

Mikeyboy

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting start to the Hobart test  ,  Australia skittled for 85  and  South Africa  171 - 5    on first day .

England 537   India  488  ,   a battle of attrition at the moment , but still time for plenty to happen .  5 centurys allready .

Mikeyboy

Aussies are a f;*+%# joke. Our worst side for at least 50 years!!

Aust v South Africa luckily for Aust no play today pouring rain in Tassie.

Lively pitch yet oz batsmen lack discipline and judgement way too arrogant! Eg Warner brain explosion 6th ball of day

Back to basics! Play to the conditions guys! In the meantime doing the rain dance!

Looks like the rain may save the ill-disciplined Aussie team and they'll salvage a draw in the 2nd Test.

Didn't deserve any rain help ..  bowled out for just 161 second time round to lose by an innings and 80 runs  . 

A miserable effort by Australia , the players arn't that bad , but are ill disciplined and this series could end up ugly .

South africa stuffed them without Steyn and De Villiers , their two best players .

Mikeyboy

I would say 38 years, the WSC depleted aussie side was pretty bad in 1978/79 ;)

...on a positive note, at least now I don't need to waste time watching the boxing day Test while I'm in Patts over xmas :)

Australian cricket at a very low ebb. Will start serious underdogs in the third Test against South Africa, which is to be played under lights with a pink ball. Last year showed that the pink ball does plenty, so Philander, Rabada, Abbett will be hard to handle again for a batting lineup devoid of talent and confidence.

Looking ahead to the New Year and a strong Pakistani lineup is a good chance to become the first ever Asian team to win a test series in Australia.

Well done Bangladesh beating the Poms.

Our mob can't beat time, a disgrace. We need to accept a few years of pain & start picking some young talent & give them a fair go. 4 test still to go so I would pick & stick

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Well done Bangladesh beating the Poms.

Our mob can't beat time, a disgrace. We need to accept a few years of pain & start picking some young talent & give them a fair go. 4 test still to go so I would pick & stick

Agree  , Bangladesh well worth their 1-1 series draw with England . 

Any team touring there now will have a real battle .    

I think i will show some financial interest in the next Ashes series  2017 .   Australia look to have real problems . 

Mikeyboy.

^^ It won't even be close, although I suspect we will soon see a return to the barren, lifeless, corporate pitches so often seen in recent seasons in Australia, as Cricket Australia reacts to the financial disaster of two day test matches, caused by a batting lineup who are renowned flat track bullies.

I think i will show some financial interest in the next Ashes series  2017 .   Australia look to have real problems . 

Mikeyboy.

1/10 the Poms, it'll be lean pickings

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Australian cricket at a very low ebb. Will start serious underdogs in the third Test against South Africa, which is to be played under lights with a pink ball. Last year showed that the pink ball does plenty, so Philander, Rabada, Abbett will be hard to handle again for a batting lineup devoid of talent and confidence.

Looking ahead to the New Year and a strong Pakistani lineup is a good chance to become the first ever Asian team to win a test series in Australia.

Sadly you may be correct re Pakistan. Interested to see who we pick for the Gabba test.

Latest news selectors talking about up to 7 new players in the Aus side! But from where?

Smith is right no one ready from Sheffield Shield to pick.

Series is lost so time to blood new young players with true grit in Hussey mode to stick around not dashers having a blast - leave that to Warner!

Plenty of good young players in the shield comp. I would expect they need to blood 3-4 youngsters with an eye to next year.

New Zealand all over Pakistan in the 2nd Test - good to see the neighbours doing well!

And what a day for Australia - they're finally bossing around South Africa. Too late in the series though...

But promising signs for the upcoming Pakistan series

New Zealand all over Pakistan in the 2nd Test - good to see the neighbours doing well!

And what a day for Australia - they're finally bossing around South Africa. Too late in the series though...

But promising signs for the upcoming Pakistan series

Aussies win 3 rd test at Adelaide by 7 wickets . 3 Test debutantes involved , meaning probably the end of the line for Joe Burns and Adam Voges .

Anyone bossing Pakistan is all right in my book.   Tim Southee showing his all round skill with 29 runs  and a 6 fer .

Pakistan still not out of it though .                   India moving into a strong position against England 3 rd test in Mohali

Mikeyboy

Really like the day/night test match concept - looking forward to the West Indies playing England at Edgebaston in 2017.

Really like the day/night test match concept - looking forward to the West Indies playing England at Edgebaston in 2017.

Hate it.

They're playing a round of County matches under lights in a June.

It means there's no 'proper' cricket for us Glamorgan members to watch between 29th May and 28th August.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I was very skeptical at first, but after watching 2 day/night Tests I am totally convinced. Although they have both been at Adelaide, one of the finest grounds in the world.

Both games produced much more traditional cricket, innings totals around 200-300 and a riveting contest between bat and ball. Not a fan of the modern run fests where teams score 500+

I was very skeptical at first, but after watching 2 day/night Tests I am totally convinced. Although they have both been at Adelaide, one of the finest grounds in the world.

Both games produced much more traditional cricket, innings totals around 200-300 and a riveting contest between bat and ball. Not a fan of the modern run fests where teams score 500+

Next day-night Test starts 16-Dec, Aus vs Pak at the Gabba in Brisbane...looking forward to it as the last session really adds some excitement to the game...Batsmen will need to learn to bat properly again instead of this T20 rubbish skills...showing my age lol

Hate it.

They're playing a round of County matches under lights in a June.

It means there's no 'proper' cricket for us Glamorgan members to watch between 29th May and 28th August.

I like the idea as some tests outside of London struggle for attendances so its worth trying something new.

It will benefit me for London tests as I will not need to take a full day off work

Cricket is evolving - give it a try and you may enjoy it.

Archived