IGNORED

Johnny's 100 baht or less food tour

JohnnyC3D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

In my opinion yes. Especially the beef doner in bread is great.

There is another recommended one at Soi LK Metro. They are opening quite late, that's why I never had a chance to try it.

Didn't get a photo, but there was a guy roasting a pig on Soi6. 100 baht for a decent size portion of chopped up pork and chilli dipping sauce. Was delicious.

Pattaya September 29, 2016 to February 28, 2017. Having the time of my life!!

Ongoing Trip Report #1:

Click Here...Do It!!

Ongoing Soi 6 Bar Tour:

Click Here...Do It!!

If I had to eat in the likes of tin cup , kiss or other e colon restaurants or food stalls I'd stay at home , why would I travel half way the world to eat shit !!!

If I had to eat in the likes of tin cup , kiss or other e colon restaurants or food stalls I'd stay at home , why would I travel half way the world to eat shit !!!

Up to U 

:01:

Pattaya September 29, 2016 to February 28, 2017. Having the time of my life!!

Ongoing Trip Report #1:

Click Here...Do It!!

Ongoing Soi 6 Bar Tour:

Click Here...Do It!!

I think the problem is (as this thread shows) a lot of people don't like being taken out of their comfort zone.

Why not your talking like it :SoWhat1:

• 2 weeks later...

Good thread. Even you don't have to eat supercheap every day, it's good to know where good decent food at a good price can be found. 
Not obvious but it exists and there's a lot of it.

All those who think that food has to be served in a restaurant with a non-thai name and should cost more than 200 bath per meal haven't been around a lot (even if visited P 20 times : I met guys like that) or were allowed to be picky about food from a very young age.
If you can't explain, read or find the stuff yourself : just bring a nice girl with you, tell her what you like and not like.. She will recommend some foods that are delicious and very cheap.
When girls saw me eating meals for 40 bath, they even thought it's rather expensive cause the traditional family will cook meal for 6-8 people for less than 200 bath (3 or 4 dishes).

It's nice to see and taste the food that people from the country you are visiting would eat themselves or to see / experience how they live, think, etc.
That's my idea about traveling always.

I recommend the street vendor with noodles on 3 th Road... To get there go left on 3th road at the end of soi excite, then walk an other 5 minutes. 
Second yellowish food stall you will see. It's there day and night but only open at night until 10 pm or so. It's in front of a 7/11.

Good noodle dish for 40 bath.  

But they serve Thai portions, so if you are really hungry, just take 2 of them.

Second recommendation : just eat kebap anywhere around Soi Diana / Soi bukhao for 60 bath / Soi 8. Never had a problem with it...  
And having a good shit sometimes won't hurt you. Just had this problem when i ate in my hotel before. Never from street food.

Sometimes the worst decisions bring us to the best places

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

I recommend the street vendor with noodles on 3 th Road... To get there go left on 3th road at the end of soi excite, then walk an other 5 minutes. 

Second yellowish food stall you will see. It's there day and night but only open at night until 10 pm or so. It's in front of a 7/11.

Good noodle dish for 40 bath.  

But they serve Thai portions, so if you are really hungry, just take 2 of them.

Are you talking about the Ba-Mee stall in front of the 7-11 close to the mouth of Soi 21 3rd Road ?

Yes .. that's the one i liked..

So did my Thai gf and some other people i took there for a fast meal / snack too.

They don't speak English but their food is good.
Gf told me it's from a chain .. can find this brand in many places but she liked this one more than others too.

Had rice dish on this one. Also 40 bath  

Next ones are noodle dishes   >>

20160613_215408.jpg

20160611_220509.jpg

20160611_220515-1.jpg

Sometimes the worst decisions bring us to the best places

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

• 2 weeks later...

Yes .. that's the one i liked..

Had rice dish on this one. Also 40 bath  

attachicon.gif20160613_215408.jpg

This dish is called Khao Mun Gai. I just finished one from there and it was delicious. 40 baht and quite a lot of food. The soup with it is nice as well.

I used to eat this back in the early 80's late at night outside the original Thermae Cafe on Sukhumvit in Bangkok. It was 30 baht then so 40 now is a bargain.

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread and great recommendations. I  need to try that noodle place on 3th next time I am in town. 

There is nothing wrong with this cheap street food. I am sure it is much more healthy then most of the falang food on offer in Thailand. 

I like to get street food on the stalls on the way to Tuk.com. I'll get some curry, fried chicken, steamed corn, Thai sausages, sticky rice, fruit and other goodies and have a nice filing meal at home. Always plenty of leftovers for at least another meal. 

I'm also always on the lookout for the mobile kebab (chicken Tikkas!) and BBQ roast pork guys. Both are amazingly good and better than most food you can get at a sit down place. 

IMG_20160813_193320.jpg

IMG_20160813_193331.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just went to tin cup twice last week. Small and busy place.

Had chicken rice and also ordered some dishes too.

It's definitely a great place to grab some local fares.

And also the pricing is fantastic. Will definitely be back again.

• 3 weeks later...

The Food Parks inside Central Marina or Festival has some decent selections under 100b.  You get to enjoy the meal in clean and aircon'd environment while checking out the mall talent.

Archived