IGNORED

Johnny's 100 baht or less food tour

JohnnyC3D

This could turn into a classic thread guys. Keep up the good work. 

I came, I saw, I mongered!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....it takes a certain person to dicipilne themselves to this way of thinking,i wish i could ! the only time i was a bit like this was when i was in Singapore for a few years with the Army,we didnt have much money, so we bought cheap food so we had more money for beer,ah memories, ha ha.     (we never ever bought ladies drinks.)            :Think1:   good topic, mate  !

....it takes a certain person to dicipilne themselves to this way of thinking,i wish i could ! the only time i was a bit like this was when i was in Singapore for a few years with the Army,we didnt have much money, so we bought cheap food so we had more money for beer,ah memories, ha ha.     (we never ever bought ladies drinks.)            :Think1:   good topic, mate  !

Excellent thread - let's keep it going.

You can still get excellent food in Singapore at bargain prices. There is an Indian in my condo food court that is really good. The Chinese stall is good too - about 125 THB for a late of food with rice.

Then you can splurge too of course. Last sunday i was at Wolfgang Puck's Cut and it was 15k THYB for 2 without wine.

A place I found on my 2014 tour was on Soi 14, opposite the side entry to Tims bar, near the hotel. Very clean and tidy, and bloody delicious - this is the trip report link.

Apologies I don't know if it's still there. Photo is from the trip report.

post-39822-0-36570800-1410175221.jpg

7-11 has tons of really good Thai food for really cheap. I discovered this last trip and ate there at least once a day.7-11 has tons of really good Thai food for really cheap. I discovered this last trip and ate there at least once a day.

80 baht (40 per package)

7/11

Still recovering from my cold so wasn't too adventurous today. Checked out 7/11 and they have some cheap meals. Picked up a couple minced pork with rice. Was very tasty. However....I failed to see the chilli symbols on the package. I've never been a fan of spicy food but have been slowly trying to adapt. Usually the chillis have been on the side and I've been able to add sparingly. Only made in half way through before I gave up. Face beat read and puddle of sweat at my feet lol.

On a positive note, my sinuses cleared up right quick. I'm still sweating though as I write this......

IMG_20161017_171226891.jpg

IMG_20161017_171849829.jpg

Pattaya September 29, 2016 to February 28, 2017. Having the time of my life!!

Ongoing Trip Report #1:

Click Here...Do It!!

Ongoing Soi 6 Bar Tour:

Click Here...Do It!!

Johnny

I guess you have not discovered the delights of "tin cup" yet :Think1:

No. Where would I find that?

Once I beat this cold, I think I'm at the peak, I'll adventure out. Basically been between beach road and second road only. Want to adventure out to third road and check out the major streets in between; LK Metro, buakhoa, lengkee, chaiyapoon, drinking street etc

Ongoing Trip Report #1:

Click Here...Do It!!

Ongoing Soi 6 Bar Tour:

Click Here...Do It!!

Once I beat this cold, I think I'm at the peak, I'll adventure out. Basically been between beach road and second road only. Want to adventure out to third road and check out the major streets in between; LK metro, buakhoa, lengkee, chaiyapoon, drinking street etc

Opposite Sugar Sugar on soi Bukhaow :GoldenSmile1:

Along soi buakhao I have run across 3 venders who sell whole roast/rotisserie chickens, normally with some dipping sauce for 130-160 baht. That is more than one meal. Most (all?) will sell smaller portions for less, such as drum stick and thigh for 40 baht. One is next Tesco lotus express near Tony's gym. One 100 meters north, on the side of the market area there. The other 200 meters south, next to fire and ice bar, this one often closes early. Probably more, but those are the 3 I have noticed and tried. All good. I'll have a big meal in the evening and put left overs in the fridge for a late night snack or for breakfast. Good snack for BF as well.

A place I found on my 2014 tour was on Soi 14, opposite the side entry to Tims bar, near the hotel. Very clean and tidy, and bloody delicious - this is the trip report link.

Apologies I don't know if it's still there. Photo is from the trip report.

attachicon.gifpost-39822-0-36570800-1410175221.jpg

How do you place an order (if you don't read/speak thai)?  Just point to a picture, and say "this one"?

You would think the shop would put a number beside each dish, to make ordering easier for non-Thais.

Once I beat this cold, I think I'm at the peak, I'll adventure out. Basically been between beach road and second road only. Want to adventure out to third road and check out the major streets in between; LK metro, buakhoa, lengkee, chaiyapoon, drinking street etc

It's a small, un-named, unassuming hole in the wall Thai restaurant and very easy to miss when walking along Buakhao.

It is tucked between a gold shop and STD clinic on the east side of Buakhao.

At minute 15, in the following Geoff Carter vid, he mentions this restaurant and the location.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97piQUhLRq8

Sa-Teef's long running "Thai Girls on motorbikes" thread often displays the food on offer at Tin Cup. The food pics below are his, from the past few daily posts on Sa-Teef's thread.

(note the water served, or self served in a tin cup, hence the link to this otherwise un-named restaurant)

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/29277-thai-girls-on-motorbikes-its-monday-october-17th-in-pattaya/page-323#entry3807557

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

most malls like big c or lotus have food courts with a wide selection and good prices

Tried the breakfast here, striderman?

Trust your reviews.................

i don't do reviews, i take the pics to help folks find these places !

breakfast is an omelette and a tea or coffee in my room most days, but 1 day a couple of years ago we had some scheduled electrical work in the condo so no power and i did try the place.

it was ok for the money but nothing special.................i mean you can pay the same for a cup of coffee at some places so it was certainly cheap enough

• 2 weeks later...

A few more additions.

Soi6 Vendor.

Grilled chicken with rice and an egg. 60 baht. Delicious.

Big C Extra

Fried chicken with Rice and Soup. 50 baht. Delicious.

Central Food Market

Mango shake. 30 baht. Refreshing and held me off till dinner.

IMG_20161104_120535962.jpgIMG_20161103_142503822.jpgIMG_20161101_144840289.jpg

Ongoing Trip Report #1:

Click Here...Do It!!

Ongoing Soi 6 Bar Tour:

Click Here...Do It!!

Pattaya klang road between 2nd road and soi buakhao, opposite to bella express there is food court Very Nice, I strongly recommend the 'oyster omelette' with a smoothie -> 80 bahts. You can then buy a mango sticky rice which is now 70 bahts you can take away and it is open all night (at least the mango sticky rice)

Pattaya klang road between 2nd road and soi buakhao, opposite to bella express there is food court Very Nice, I strongly recommend the 'oyster omelette' with a smoothie -> 80 bahts. You can then buy a mango sticky rice which is now 70 bahts you can take away and it is open all night (at least the mango sticky rice)

Ya i saw the mango sticky rice. The food court is where I got my mango smoothie.

Ongoing Trip Report #1:

Click Here...Do It!!

Ongoing Soi 6 Bar Tour:

Click Here...Do It!!

Many many pancake vendors with mango, banana and even Durian I saw somewhere. All between 50-100 Bahts and just awesome. Best thing it's fresh and made in front of you so you can see what all goes in. But again not for those without a sweet teeth.

Sawasdee Seaview on Soi10 has an inexpensive restaurant with lots on the menu and again made fresh. I wouldn't say it's bad but may not be the best. Soi10 BR end there's a couple of roadside vendors with fried chicken and soup etc all less than 100 dollars.

Thanks for starting an awesome thread full of yum and not making big holes in the pocket. My first trip I ate mostly Hooters and MacD and Subway and maybe spent more on food than on gals. Regret still big time.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a small, un-named, unassuming hole in the wall Thai restaurant and very easy to miss when walking along Buakhao.

It is tucked between a gold shop and STD clinic on the east side of Buakhao.

At minute 15, in the following Geoff Carter vid, he mentions this restaurant and the location.

Sa-Teef's long running "Thai Girls on motorbikes" thread often displays the food on offer at Tin Cup. The food pics below are his, from the past few daily posts on Sa-Teef's thread.

(note the water served, or self served in a tin cup, hence the link to this otherwise un-named restaurant)

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/29277-thai-girls-on-motorbikes-its-monday-october-17th-in-pattaya/page-323#entry3807557

Heading south on Baukhao, Tin Cups is after LK Metro!  Not before?

Archived