IGNORED

Johnny's 100 baht or less food tour

JohnnyC3D

Heading south on Baukhao, Tin Cups is after LK Metro!  Not before?

Depends a little on your definitions. Going south, it's after where LK Metro starts on Buakhao. But it's before LK Metro ends, on soi Diana.

Anyway, another good and cheap place to eat around there is "Bites", a little ways up soi Excite. (Kind of behind Triangle Bar.)

Maybe 10-20 baht more expensive than the very simplest places, but I like it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heading south on Baukhao, Tin Cups is after LK Metro! Not before?

Arrow on previous map might be out 6 paces.

If coming from Soi Chaiypoon onto to Soi Buakhao, turn right.

Tin Cup is on the RH side next to Buakhouw Clinic. Gold shop is on the other side.

'Can't miss it (unless you blink).

image.png

image.png

Just got back from cambodia. Hoping to hit up some new places.

Soi 6 fried chicken vendor. 30 baht per chicken breast. Delicious.

Freezers loaded with frozen 7/11 meals. Great for a lazy meal. Comes in different sizes. 30 to 50 baht.

Chicken and rice, pork and rice, baked macronni, and chicken macronni.

IMG_20161105_163208748.jpg

IMG_20161104_213048601.jpg

IMG_20161105_244706274.jpg

IMG_20161117_011455022.jpg

Pattaya September 29, 2016 to February 28, 2017. Having the time of my life!!

Ongoing Trip Report #1:

Click Here...Do It!!

Ongoing Soi 6 Bar Tour:

Click Here...Do It!!

Just got back from cambodia. Hoping to hit up some new places.

Soi 6 fried chicken vendor. 30 baht per chicken breast. Delicious.

Freezers loaded with frozen 7/11 meals. Great for a lazy meal. Comes in different sizes. 30 to 50 baht.

Chicken and rice, pork and rice, baked macronni, and chicken macronni.

attachicon.gifIMG_20161105_163208748.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20161104_213048601.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20161105_244706274.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20161117_011455022.jpg

Hope the person in front of you had his chair in the up-right position while you were eating that.

Is there a Yelp version for Thailand?

Not sure

There is very active facebook group "pattaya breakfast club" they review alot of restaurants, however its usually in the 250-350 baht range.

Ongoing Trip Report #1:

Click Here...Do It!!

Ongoing Soi 6 Bar Tour:

Click Here...Do It!!

Food market across from centric sea, about 100m south of Soi6 on 2nd road. Took a LT for dinner. Both had pork and fried rice. Brown rice with some minced veggies. Delicious. She got hers "a little spicy" which i tried and determined it was cooked in the gates of hell. 80 baht each.

Mango smoothie. 50 baht.

IMG_20161117_183603064.jpg

IMG_20161117_183955186.jpg

Ongoing Trip Report #1:

Click Here...Do It!!

Ongoing Soi 6 Bar Tour:

Click Here...Do It!!

For cheapness and quality I think you can't beat Kiss food and drink. Yeah some meals are more than 100 bhat,however I have never had a bad meal there.

I ate the frequently on my last trip.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

For cheapness and quality I think you can't beat Kiss food and drink. Yeah some meals are more than 100 bhat,however I have never had a bad meal there.

I ate the frequently on my last trip.

This place gets slagged off a lot,but it gets plenty of custom and its cheap,i always pay a few visits most trips,it knows its customer base and dosnt try and be something its not!

This place gets slagged off a lot,but it gets plenty of custom and its cheap,i always pay a few visits most trips,it knows its customer base and dosnt try and be something its not!

Yeah I can't disagree with you,it is what it is. I enjoyed it cause you can try most Thai dishes for cheap,it was actually a Thai girl I meet who took me along and told me what to try and not to try. Think that helped me become more adventurous with my food on the holiday.

The only problems are that food is very bland and the constant street hawkers. I like the spicy food and even telling the staff that, it's still bland.

The food cart at the 7/11 across my Soi 6 on 2nd road. White noodles, pork, pork balls and some soup that i poured over the noodles. Came with some spices and plastic bowl. 50 baht.

IMG_20161201_172526260.jpg

Ongoing Trip Report #1:

Click Here...Do It!!

Ongoing Soi 6 Bar Tour:

Click Here...Do It!!

The food cart at the 7/11 across my Soi 6 on 2nd road. White noodles, pork, pork balls and some soup that i poured over the noodles. Came with some spices and plastic bowl. 50 baht.

Awesome little joint! They close too early though 555

Took Lae Dee inside Foodland is open 24/7 with AC & has much better food than Kiss on 2nd rd for about the same prices. Very clean, good quality & cheap.

Here's a bit from their website:

Took Lae Dee

Foodland Supermarket is proud to presents menus from quality fresh ingredients from within Foodland, with reasonable price, 24 hours service open every day.

Took Lae Dee restaurants is designed as an open kitchen that lets diners observe every process in preparing and cooking the dish that Foodland’s team is proud to presents. From the moment you sit down at the counter, you can watch the expert chefs at work preparing your dish right before your eyes. Our restaurants is renown for quick and efficient service, you wont’ need to wait long for your order to arrive piping hot. There is immense variety within Took Lae Dee’s menu, from Thai, Chinese to Western cuisines, you make your order to your liking, as unique like no others. We have American breakfast that’s family favorite at special price of 62 baht between 5.30-9.00am every morning where you can choose between scrambled or fried eggs served with either sausage or bacons with toast and coffee. And every weekend, Took Lae Dee has a special western menu with 2-3 course special menus with quality dish and even desserts that’s favorite amongst customers and at a small price. Took Lae Dee is open throughout 24 hours everyday, so you can have breakfast before dropping off children to school, work or after your day’s done at night, whatever your lifestyle may be, Took Lae Dee is on everyone’s thought for convenience, whenever the occasion. 

Market across from centric sea. Have 5-6 food stalls. Tried the pork and rice before.

Got chicken and rice and beef and rice last couple days. 80 baht. Rice mixed with veggies and egg. Shits delilicios.

IMG_20161202_195747123.jpg

IMG_20161204_242443268.jpg

Ongoing Trip Report #1:

Click Here...Do It!!

Ongoing Soi 6 Bar Tour:

Click Here...Do It!!

Market across from centric sea. Have 5-6 food stalls. Tried the pork and rice before.

Got chicken and rice and beef and rice last couple days. 80 baht. Rice mixed with veggies and egg. Shits delilicios.

attachicon.gifIMG_20161202_195747123.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20161204_242443268.jpg

That looks pretty similar than my local food shack built with bamboo sticks and tin roof. Looking very modest but when they throw their spice mix to the pan, my nose is starting to get the spicyness even I'm 10m away. Unbelievable portion of pad krapaow moo and runny egg for 50bht. I really can eat two times out of that portion. Have to take the pic out of it next time I take the take away from them.

From my nearest Thai restaurant. Pad krapow moo with fried egg 45bht. Soi94 Hua Hin.

IMG_20161204_193323.jpg

Was walking buy and the place seemed pretty busy. Doner King located half way down central road between beach road and second road on the North side.

Chicken kebab. Loaded with chicken and salad with salad dressing. Bread was nice and toasted.

89 baht

IMG_20161210_153455386.jpg

Ongoing Trip Report #1:

Click Here...Do It!!

Ongoing Soi 6 Bar Tour:

Click Here...Do It!!

VILLA MARKET - 2nd Road opposite Soi 13 - In the Avenue Shopping Arcade/Mall.

Villa Market is at the back end of the parking lot(200 feet) and not very easy to see from 2nd Road unless you know where to look.

There are a few tables inside the front door. It's clean, A/C is cold, food seems fresh, cooked fast, and, most importantly, after approx. 10-12 meals not a single case of the shits.

American breakfast BEFORE 11am is 68bt. After 11am it jumps to 88bt. 2 eggs, bacon or sausage, toast w/butter and jam, juice, and coffee or tea. Bacon was, actually, cooked correctly.

Meals are not overly generous but, even as a fat slob, I'm happy. If you're looking to get bloated with food go elsewhere. For me, it's just enough to ward off the hunger without turning me into an uncomfortable, lumbering, beast.

The menu is fairly extensive with most items with chicken or pork around or below 100bt. Yes, there are a few items(w/"seafood") above 100bt and also some items WELL above 100bt. Don't order those items! :)

"Cafeteria" closes at 9pm.

Villa Market closes at 10pm.

Was in the area so checked out Kiss Foods.

Just across from Mikes Shopping Center on 2nd road.

Got a clubhouse and fries for 90 baht. The chicken or turkey was a tiny peice but they add an fried egg so was pretty good.

IMG_20161211_185125142.jpg

Ongoing Trip Report #1:

Click Here...Do It!!

Ongoing Soi 6 Bar Tour:

Click Here...Do It!!

Was in the area so checked out Kiss Foods.

Just across from Mikes Shopping Center on 2nd road.

Got a clubhouse and fries for 90 baht. The chicken or turkey was a tiny peice but they add an fried egg so was pretty good.

IMG_20161211_185125142.jpg

Anything with a fried egg on it is good in my eyes haha

Archived