IGNORED

Emirates.....Ouch !

Harvey707

3 hours ago, tinkytaylor said:

I actually prefer the B777-300ER if the seating is 3-3-3 which Cathay and BA were last year. I'm pretty sure both are stopping this year or have stopped and are going 3-4-3.

I think most are now switching to 3-4-3 Emirates have said they are going to start a premium economy cabin , which seems to be 2-4-2 in other airlines.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, mbamber said:

I think most are now switching to 3-4-3 Emirates have said they are going to start a premium economy cabin , which seems to be 2-4-2 in other airlines.

I have to go to London in June so have opted to fly from Bangkok rather than HK and am using Eva Premium Economy.2-4-2

I noticed during seat selection that economy is still in 3-3-3 configuaration

56 minutes ago, OmarB said:

I have to go to London in June so have opted to fly from Bangkok rather than HK and am using Eva Premium Economy.2-4-2

I noticed during seat selection that economy is still in 3-3-3 configuaration

Not for long the new versions are 3-4-3 and I might be mistaken but I believe when they go in for a major overhaul they will all be converted to the new standard :D

On 28/03/2017 at 1:26 AM, brownmanc said:

Emirates downgrading Manchester flights EK21 & EK22 from A380 to B77W between May 16th-June 22nd.

I'm happy I didn't book with Emirates for my May trip... I'd have been right pissed off to find out I'd have to suffer a 77W downgrade....

Gone Bananas!!!

13 hours ago, TheFiend said:

I'm happy I didn't book with Emirates for my May trip... I'd have been right pissed off to find out I'd have to suffer a 77W downgrade....

Must be lack of pax numbers in that period ??

I recently booked flights with Emirates for my next trip to Thailand and was surprised that they are charging some customers who wanted to book seats in advance.  I always book my prefered seats in well in advance.  So I had to pay for 2 seats for my flights between Manchester to Dubai and Dubai to Bangkok.  I didnt have to pay for my seats for my return flights because the cheapest economy seats had already gone when I did my booking

I recently booked flights with Emirates for my next trip to Thailand and was surprised that they are charging some customers who wanted to book seats in advance.  I always book my prefered seats in well in advance.  So I had to pay for 2 seats for my flights between Manchester to Dubai and Dubai to Bangkok.  I didnt have to pay for my seats for my return flights because the cheapest economy seats had already gone when I did my booking

You could take the gamble and wait for online check-in to open, but yeah that sucks. I would have to factor 4 payments in, when comparing to other carriers.

How much is it per flight? .......£20?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

You could take the gamble and wait for online check-in to open, but yeah that sucks. I would have to factor 4 payments in, when comparing to other carriers.

One does it all will follow !

2 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Hi Taylor1975 it was £20 per flight.  So I had to pay £40

And I didnt want to wait for online check-in because I am very particular as to where I want to sit.  As a solo traveller I want to book aisle seats.  And an aisle as near to the front of economy as possible.  Aisle seats so that when I need to go the toilet I am not disturbing anybody.  And even though I am not bothered about flying I want to be one of the first of the plane when the plane as landed.  I wont bore you with the reasons why

12 hours ago, blue1878 said:

As this was announced & discussed a lot 9 months ago back in August 2016, its a shame you were not aware of it

12 hours ago, blue1878 said:

I alway fly Emirates but I am normally in BC and the last few flights I have not had to pay. 

I like to get a seat in the front cabin (furthest from the bar area) on the right hand side (J seat). 

4 minutes ago, The Storm said:

I alway fly Emirates but I am normally in BC and the last few flights I have not had to pay. 

I like to get a seat in the front cabin (furthest from the bar area) on the right hand side (J seat). 

23A or 20A if a 2 class. Port side front of the aft cabin near the Bar. :D And it is only on Economy special & Saver tickets.

14 hours ago, mbamber said:

23A or 20A if a 2 class. Port side front of the aft cabin near the Bar. :D And it is only on Economy special & Saver tickets.

For my next trip I have got Economy Class Special seats in A380 planes and have 42C & 42H seats which are aisle seats near the front.   And on the return flights I have Economy Special Flex seats and have 42H for both flights and they are Aisle seats at the front of economy

Hi Taylor1975 it was £20 per flight.  So I had to pay £40
And I didnt want to wait for online check-in because I am very particular as to where I want to sit.  As a solo traveller I want to book aisle seats.  And an aisle as near to the front of economy as possible.  Aisle seats so that when I need to go the toilet I am not disturbing anybody.  And even though I am not bothered about flying I want to be one of the first of the plane when the plane as landed.  I wont bore you with the reasons why

I go for exactly the same seats as you. I'll be gutted if qatar start charging me £80 more for this small peace of mind.

I'd have to drink £80 of in-flight wine to break even lol.

11 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

I go for exactly the same seats as you. I'll be gutted if qatar start charging me £80 more for this small peace of mind.

I'd have to drink £80 of in-flight wine to break even lol.

I'm only paying for the two outward bound flights.  So I'll be making sure I have a few drinks on the two flights.

• 5 months later...
On 9/17/2016 at 22:01, scubascuba3 said:
On 9/17/2016 at 15:47, KingMidas said:

LOL, ThaiVisa suspended me when I posted that Pollack plumbers were the UK equivalent of US Wetback gardeners.

I guess you just cannot use the word plumber too carefully.

Thaivisa suspend people for virtually nothing, mods are way too officious over there, ruins the forum.

How right you are, I was suspended for one week for answering a post that was complaining about the amount of immigrants going into the UK. I just said that "Mohammed is the most popular Christian name in the UK". I was accused of racism.

• 4 weeks later...

from Europe or USA, with Emirates you can take a stop over for a couple of days and go to kenia 5/6 hours away from dubai. Then, go back to Dubai and leave for Bangkok. So you can visit two places with a single trip in a more economical way.

They have changed the seat fee's again everyone pays in economy for the better seats.

Wifi has also changed for the worse or better depending whether you are a skywards member and what level.

Got to say I've always use emirates due to convenience but will not be paying for seats, last flight I log in I think 48 hours prior and selected my seat, maybe not exactly where I would have chosen before these fees but fairly close.

will do exactly the same on Friday so hopefully there's a reasonable selection left to choose from.

On 16/09/2016 at 12:41, greo said:

What is it about rushing to get off a plane? You are on holiday!! what does another 10-15 minutes difference make?

Hi greo

Everybody is different

When I book my flights I like to book my seats.  I'm a solo traveller and I like to book an aisle seat and the aisle seat needs to be as near the front of economy as possible

Aisle Seats

I've been flying to and from Thailand for 25 years.  And I know that some people like to sleep or just relax on long flights.  So I always book aisle seats so that if I have to go the toilet or want to stretch my legs or go and see the cabin crew for another drink I'm not disturbing anybody

Front of Economy

I much prefer sitting at the front of economy

I fly from Manchester to BKK via Dubai.   

So on my Manchester to Dubai flight I much prefer being at the front because (1) I dont have to wait ages getting of the plane(2) I get through the security check quicker(3) And after getting through security I can then go and relax in the terminal.  Which usually means going the bar for a drink or two before going for my onward flight

For my Dubai to BKK flight I like being at the front of economy because (1) after two long flights I just want to get of the plane (2) Being at the front means I'm not waiting ages to get of the plane(3) I'm one of the first off my flight to get to immigration.  And we all know what immigration is like (4) Being one of the first of the flight I can pick my place at the luggage carousel.  So its easier to get my suitcase.(4) And once I have got my suitcase I can find my taxi and get to pattaya

(4) Being one of the first of the flight I can pick my place at the luggage carousel

I stand back from the crowd around the luggage carousel, watch for my bag & just walk forward to get it once its passing by.  I really don't understand why most people feel the need to cram right next to the carousel, & therefore blocking other people from getting their luggage

I also find it bizarre that so many people cannot recognise the bag/case they packed & checked in, at the start of their flight.  Flights aren't that long, how on earth do they manage to forget what theirs looks like  :) 

1 hour ago, jaynewcastle said:

I also find it bizarre that so many people cannot recognise the bag/case they packed & checked in, at the start of their flight.  flights aren't that long, how on earth do they manage to forget what theirs looks like  :) 

One of my work colleagues put back in the office a specially made suitcase tailored to take expensive electronics.

Days later we were contacted to ask if we had a ladies suitcase filled with her clothes, fortunately she had no need for an electro microscope.

The number of morons taking the wrong bag boggles your mind.

Well went on the website and booked my seats for Sunday's flight, got my preferred seat one row back from the front row with a reasonable selection of other.

one thing that has changed ralther than being unavailable as before the exit rows are available at a fee of £75, no thanks I'll just ask at check in and see if there still available at no charge.

I've had a few exit seats on the a380. Seems great until the aircon is blasting right at you. Bloody freezing.

I sit at the back of the plane now, its just to cold for me at the front. No babies at the back, thank god (except me!)

On 10/24/2017 at 19:37, jaynewcastle said:

I also find it bizarre that so many people cannot recognise the bag/case they packed & checked in, at the start of their flight.  flights aren't that long, how on earth do they manage to forget what theirs looks like  :) 

always on my checked bags apart from personal luggage frequent flyer tags I put couple turns of green string on both grab handles....not only easy to spot but deters lame brains from obviously picking up wrong bag. You can take off before you go into arrivals

Archived