IGNORED

Emirates.....Ouch !

Harvey707

Wtf are you guys packing if 23 kilo's is too little?

In U-Tapao now, off for 2 weeks Malaysia and Bali, my bag weighs 5,2 kg :-)

But with all the stuff I brought to give away it was 24 when I left 2 weeks ago, also some people move over here or have Thai wives who pack too much in both ways. Travelling with my ex was a disaster, a nightmare!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you doing using Skyscanner etc.?  It is cheaper booking direct with Emirates!!

Only once ever have I seen the flight cheaper on any airlines website rather than Westeast Travel and latterly Travel Supermarket and Skyscanner. I'm guessing thats covering around 1998 ish when I started booking online, to present day. I'd hazard a guess thats around just over 100 tickets in that period.

Eva it was in 2008.

What are you doing using Skyscanner etc.?  It is cheaper booking direct with Emirates!!

Sorry but that statement is completely false.

3 completely random dates and different airports in uk.

MAN BKK return 16/11-09/12. 08:45-07:35 ret: 20:35-07:00

Skyscanner £429 with Travel Trolley

Emirates £451

BHX BKK return 7/1- 21-1. 20:45-17:55 ret: 02:00-11:25

Skyscanner £435 with TravelBag

Emirates £457

LHR BKK return 7/3-4/5. 09:10-07:35 ret: 02:40-12:15

Skyscanner £429 with TravelBag

Emirates £451

You can add your skyward account details to get your miles, and choose seats exactly the same as with Emirates with both agents mentioned above. Personally I think TravelBag are shit but I couldn't recommend Travel Trolley any more than I have done on multiple other threads. And no, I don't work for them although I may ask about referral commission.

Sorry but that statement is completely false.

3 completely random dates and different airports in uk.

MAN BKK return 16/11-09/12. 08:45-07:35 ret: 20:35-07:00

Skyscanner £429 with Travel Trolley

Emirates £451

BHX BKK return 7/1- 21-1. 20:45-17:55 ret: 02:00-11:25

Skyscanner £435 with TravelBag

Emirates £457

LHR BKK return 7/3-4/5. 09:10-07:35 ret: 02:40-12:15

Skyscanner £429 with TravelBag

Emirates £451

You can add your skyward account details to get your miles, and choose seats exactly the same as with Emirates with both agents mentioned above. Personally I think TravelBag are shit but I couldn't recommend Travel Trolley any more than I have done on multiple other threads. And no, I don't work for them although I may ask about referral commission.

Fair point .......however ......i believe if you pick random dates on emirates website, there is a good chance the travel portal sites won't have that selection available to sell. So it works both ways.

You need to be flexible with the portals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally I think TravelBag are shit but I couldn't recommend Travel Trolley any more than I have done on multiple other threads. And no, I don't work for them although I may ask about referral commission.

Likewise I couldnt praise Travel Trolley enough.

Likewise I couldnt praise Travel Trolley enough.

Harvey, I'm pretty sure we could start getting some kind of referral bonus now lol. I booked last Wednesday for January. Booking ref through within 40 minutes. Fantastic service.

greo..What portals do you use to make your comparisons ? Whereby you find booking direct with Emirates is cheaper .

I just booked for new years. Forced to go with BA due to times. Over £1200 for flights and an additional £36 each way to reserve seats. Cheeky bastards

Harvey, I'm pretty sure we could start getting some kind of referral bonus now lol. I booked last Wednesday for January. Booking ref through within 40 minutes. Fantastic service.

In March first time ever I had a problem checking in online on Oman (thread in this sub section) who had overbooked by 40 odd seats on return sectors and I'd been bumped. Rang Oman in Bangkok and they apologised profusely but could do nothing and offered to put me on Sri Lankan. I declined and it was left in Limbo

Got hold of Travel Trolley and told them to put a rocket up Omans arse and an hour later phone call back to say I'd been reinstated. I really rate TT

Are Travel Trolley now charging for seat reservations with Emirates (on the cheapest Economy fares), just out of curiosity, or can you book seats for free with them  ?

Are Travel Trolley now charging for seat reservations with Emirates (on the cheapest Economy fares), just out of curiosity, or can you book seats for free with them  ?

No, you still have to pay to reserve seats unfortunately. That is because you reserve your seats on the Emirates website after you get your booking confirmation from TT.

• 2 weeks later...

Booked with emirates through travel bag last Wednesday got a very good fare of £430 return at end of February from Manchester. Totally forgot about the 20quid per leg seat surcharge, I will just hope for the best when online check in starts 48 hours before the flight. I only require a isle seat and there's plenty of those on a A380. The times of the flights are just what I want so happy to be back using emirates.

Used Turkish last month and wasn't overly impressed, the staff were nice and the layout not too bad on the a330 but the entertainment system and food weren't the best. Would fly with them again if price was right though.

• 3 weeks later...

The Credit Card and Paypal surcharge only applies to flights departing from Germany, UK, Australia and New Zealand according to the Emirates website. It seems very selective, I wonder what that's about.

Emirates have added a different class of ticket from Newcastle, the special, its the same price as the saver was but you only get 600 miles, wtf.

Emirates.JPG

I fly with Emirates out of Newcastle, as I fly usually once a year, points are pointless for me so I'd prefer the option of a lower fare

Yes but its not a lower fare they've just called it another name to give less airmiles and charge more for the other tickets.

Looks like the Economy Special is cheaper than the Economy Saver to me, nearly £30 cheaper

• 4 weeks later...

I've been an Emirates regular for the last 11 years, but over the last couple of years I've taken to booking on price rather through loyalty to an airline.

Flew with Emirates in April, but a week after getting back to the UK we had to book a last minute trip back to Thailand and booked with Qatar.... Ended up booking with Qatar again for October due to price and when looking prices for next May have gone with Qatar again..... Booked MAN-BKK return for £339 each.... Emirates cheapest was £398 and then would have to pay to reserve seats.

I now prefer Qatar.. 

£339 is the lowest price I've ever paid in 11 years of flying to Thailand.

Gone Bananas!!!

£339 is the lowest price I've ever paid in 11 years of flying to Thailand.

....and to further put into perspective that was roughly the price I used to pay on Tarom, Balken and Lot in the early 90's when taxes/charges were £10

Incredible how cheap we are 20 Years plus later

• 2 months later...

Emirates downgrading Manchester flights EK21 & EK22 from A380 to B77W between May 16th-June 22nd.

Emirates downgrading Manchester flights EK21 & EK22 from A380 to B77W between May 16th-June 22nd.

B77w ....thats the 777-300 right?

Still better than the dreamliner seats. God they suck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually prefer the B777-300ER if the seating is 3-3-3 which Cathay and BA were last year. I'm pretty sure both are stopping this year or have stopped and are going 3-4-3.

Archived