IGNORED

Emirates.....Ouch !

Harvey707

A few carriers are also getting rid of the 2nd in flight meal.

BA have either already started it or they lazy work shy cabin crew just simply cant be bothered to serve it

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few carriers are also getting rid of the 2nd in flight meal.

BA have either already started it or they lazy work shy cabin crew just simply cant be bothered to serve it

Personally, the fewer times those whales wallowed down the aisle banging their flippers against my shoulder and arm rest then the better.

Personally, the fewer times those whales wallowed down the aisle banging their flippers against my shoulder and arm rest then the better.

I used to tolerate them for 50+ trips but then I was getting brother of staff tickets for around £85 a pop !

everyone wants cheaper and cheaper fares.  Airlines have to charge these fees, if they want to make a profit (a large portion of the ticket price we pay is for taxes and government services)

Also, we live in a free market society.  Businesses are free to run their operations as they see fit.  If consumers stay away from airlines with fees, airlines will change.  If consumers will not vote with their feet, nothing will change.

In the USA many people complain about the fees and service at Spirit Airlines.  But they continue to fly on the airline and flights are full.  So Spirit would be foolish to spend more on service and get lower revenue by eliminating fees

Wtf are you guys packing if 23 kilo's is too little?

flew etihad economy last week with 2 checked bags one of 18 kg the other 26.4 kg...........(i get another 20 kg as a ff gold card holder but they ain't that fussy* as long as you have that card)............plus hand luggage of course.

stuff included things for 6 other falangs

*check in girl entered only 40 kg on the luggage stub

hardly 'ouch'

i fly Emirates cos i like them, not because they are cheapest.

I used to tolerate them for 50+ trips but then I was getting brother of staff tickets for around £85 a pop !

I would like to support Western airlines and avoid the muzzies but BA/KLM/Lufthansa/Disunited/Delta et al just about make it too painful these days.

I fly the Asian (except for Indian) carriers as much as I can now. I made the mistake of flying Air India a few years ago getting gassed with Bug spray was bad enough but Mo help you if you have a layover in an Indian airport and have to use a toilet.

. I made the mistake of flying Air India a few years ago getting gassed with Bug spray was bad enough but Mo help you if you have a layover in an Indian airport and have to use a toilet.

For first time think I'm going to have to disagree with you !!   I jest not either.   In 2011 I did very late booking high season and Air India was coming up very cheap (I was booking to go 48 hours later) so gambled and booked.  Very good it was all new planes maybe I was just lucky. Heathrow Delhi Bangkok and couple years later booked again in high season and just as ok as before.

Having said that I never had reason to visit the Carsies in Delhi !!

Wouldn't choose them over the Middle East carriers now though

For first time think I'm going to have to disagree with you !!   I jest not either.   In 2011 I did very late booking high season and Air India was coming up very cheap (I was booking to go 48 hours later) so gambled and booked.  Very good it was all new planes maybe I was just lucky. Heathrow Delhi Bangkok and couple years later booked again in high season and just as ok as before.

Having said that I never had reason to visit the Carsies in Delhi !!

Wouldn't choose them over the Middle East carriers now though

Perhaps I was just unlucky or you fortunate but as culturally insensitive and politically incorrect as it may be, I will never by choice be stuck in a small area packed with chai wallahs again. I own up to my mistake taking the cheapest flight which happened to coincide with some package tour but I am not a slow learner and now just avoid any stay over in West Asia.  The two airports in India I had the misfortune to transit through were worse, especially the dog's breakfast that is Chennai, than any I had to use in Saudi Arabia or even Lagos, Nigeria. Some sights and smells just never leave your memory.

By contrast I find Emirates' hub in Dubai, Etihad's in Abu Dhabi, and Qatar's in Doha almost pleasurable to transit through but I just cannot spend more money with an Arab airline if I can reasonably avoid them.

Read it and weep.....only a matter of time before the other Middle East Carriers bring it in

https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2016/09/14/will-emirates-impose-extra-fees-seat-selection-baggage/

Emirates have started charging for Credit card payments. Bit sneaky, as most pay by this way!

Emirates have started charging for Credit card payments. Bit sneaky, as most pay by this way!

Shows how much the emergence of Etihad Oman and Qatar have eaten into their middle eastern monopoly this last 10 years.

Shows how much the emergence of Etihad Oman and Qatar have eaten into their middle eastern monopoly this last 10 years.

True, but just wish one of the three would open a route from Newcastle to compete with Emirates, offering a choice of flight times rather than just the 1 flight a day

• 2 weeks later...

Says starting 3rd October but i chose my seats today and it was never mentioned.

Was your booking/ticket actually one of the ones affected by the change ?

I booked my Emirates flight & chose my seats for my Jan 2017 flight in May 2016

Just logged into my booking now. My chosen seats are still selected, but there are 2 rows beneath the selections with the words Sub-total & Total now , all currently empty. I'm guessing if I tried to change my seat reservations now, fee's would be charged, but if I leave my selected seats as they are, I will be fine

Yes, i've re-read it and its on tickets issued on and after 3rd October.

Booked my ticket last week but chose my seats on 3rd.

I do like to chose my seats so hope theres some concessions as i'm a gold member.

Get a few flights up and get Silver/Gold status. As a Gold Member, I now get 46kg of checked luggage and access to any of their lounges throughout the world and even in Australia when flying QANTAS.

In the lounges I eat and drink single malt whiskeys and have enjoyed many complimentary upgrades to business and first class.

Thank you Emirates. I don't mind paying a few extra dollars for some of the best customer service on the ground and in the air.

On my last flight I booked really early and choose my seats right at the front...... Few days before the plane was changed and my seat was moved to the back.... Emirates said seats isn't guaranteed until check in opens.... I can see angry customers who have paid for a seat and then don't get it

On my last flight I booked really early and choose my seats right at the front...... Few days before the plane was changed and my seat was moved to the back.... Emirates said seats isn't guaranteed until check in opens.... I can see angry customers who have paid for a seat and then don't get it

Airlines do switch aircraft for operational reasons on occasions. They wont deploy an A380 when few days before the off an A330 will suffice on passenger numbers

Qatar switched aircraft on 3 of the 4 sectors on my last flights July/August because of numbers. Up to a week to run the original air craft were still scheduled. Am guessing Emirates will refund in examples like yours

• 2 weeks later...

I've just booked Emirates for MAN-BKK 11/1/17-29/1/17.  I always book Qatar but the difference was worth it with great flight times on the Emirates flights and only £431 return.  Booked with TT as I usually do, and confirmed with Emirates within the hour.

It wasn't until after I'd booked it that I remembered this thread.  £20 a sector to book seats.  £80 in total.  Bollocks to that.

I will be waiting until 48 hours before and getting it for free.

Those classes of seat are certainly not the ones offered at lowest prices on Skyscanner and Travel Supermarket

What are you doing using Skyscanner etc.?  It is cheaper booking direct with Emirates!!

Archived