Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Emirates.....Ouch !

Harvey707

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few dollars on top of a $1,000+ fare. Spilled milk bro, no need to cry!

No crying from my direction. Just some information for other BM's that's all.....

Scuba only posted yesterday how empty Emirates were on the other Emirates related thread

It's another example of the trends in air travel.

Likely that Economy will continue to become more cramped, with extra seats fitted in, and have charges for more & more 'extras' BUT remaining very cheap compared to the past.

Meanwhile, Business becomes increasingly a better product BUT very expensive relative to Economy when compared to the past.

4-6 times the cost of Economy now compared to about double the economy fare 20 years ago.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Used to use emirates all the time, but for the last 3 years, have found cheaper with other carriers.

From this news, i can't see them lowering prices in the future. Are they still on 30kg for economy? .....was it etihad that dropped to 23?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Used to use emirates all the time, but for the last 3 years, have found cheaper with other carriers.

From this news, i can't see them lowering prices in the future. Are they still on 30kg for economy? .....was it etihad that dropped to 23?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes emirates 30kg  etihad 23kg.

Due to the big drop in Emirates prices over the last 2 years, even with seat booking fees, still cheaper than flights used to be for me.

No crying from my direction. Just some information for other BM's that's all.....

Scuba only posted yesterday how empty Emirates were on the other Emirates related thread

Yeah that's a bummer. Although it says:

"There will be no charge for advance seat selection for Economy Class Flex, Economy Class Flex Plus, Business Class and First Class fares"

I'm glad they aren't reducing their baggage allowance

"There will be no charge for advance seat selection for Economy Class Flex, Economy Class Flex Plus, Business Class and First Class fares"

Those classes of seat are certainly not the ones offered at lowest prices on Skyscanner and Travel Supermarket

Those classes of seat are certainly not the ones offered at lowest prices on Skyscanner and Travel Supermarket

I've not noticed much difference between skyscanner and direct through emirates website, i like booking direct. Although I'll check more closely next time if things are now add ons.

Geez that's a lot of coin for only a seat selection! :huh:  

The budget airlines like Air Asia have been doing it for years, I pick an aisle seat in the first few rows if I can as it pisses me off when they open the door and people decide that is the time to re-organise their duty free or carry on bag thus blocking the aisle so nobody behind them can get off the plane.

I only have carry on luggage and a taxi waiting, so I want to get off the plane ASAP and get to Pattaya.

This seat selection (Seat 1c) was of no help on my last trip when I landed in Pattaya U-Tapao airport as the bus you to the terminal, and it doesn't leave until the bus is full.   The only advantage I had was my being close to the door on the bus, so was overtaking people.

I can't wait until they upgrade the terminal in the next few years.

The only bad point about being in the front row is that you have the possibility of sharing the row with a screaming baby.

I've not noticed much difference between skyscanner and direct through emirates website, i like booking direct. Although I'll check more closely next time if things are now add ons.

I use Oman website as a guide to sky/travel when checking flight prices. On Oman you got the base "promotion" price which will be a little more expensive than shown on sky/travel.

Then you got the different type of flex tickets much higher. These are the type of tickets Emirates won't be charging for. Its the promotion type figures we get out off comparison sites that will be chargeable

Due to the big drop in Emirates prices over the last 2 years, even with seat booking fees, still cheaper than flights used to be for me.

I am paying the cheapest prices for Emirates that I have ever paid in 12 years of flying!

My flight in October ( next month) was £ 401 return. Manchester to BKK, in the 380 aircraft.  Great value!!

The budget airlines like Air Asia have been doing it for years, I pick an aisle seat in the first few rows if I can as it pisses me off when they open the door and people decide that is the time to re-organise their duty free or carry on bag thus blocking the aisle so nobody behind them can get off the plane.

I only have carry on luggage and a taxi waiting, so I want to get off the plane ASAP and get to Pattaya.

This seat selection (Seat 1c) was of no help on my last trip when I landed in Pattaya U-Tapao airport as the bus you to the terminal, and it doesn't leave until the bus is full.   The only advantage I had was my being close to the door on the bus, so was overtaking people.

I can't wait until they upgrade the terminal in the next few years.

The only bad point about being in the front row is that you have the possibility of sharing the row with a screaming baby.

What is it about rushing to get off a plane? You are on holiday!! what does another 10-15 minutes difference make?

What is it about rushing to get off a plane? You are on holiday!! what does another 10-15 minutes difference make?

Gotta beat the chinkies to Emigration... :WinkGrin1:

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Gotta beat the chinkies to Emigration... :WinkGrin1:

Racist bastard....... :SoWhat1:

I actually about 6/7 years ago got booted off a UK forum on phones just for saying "Chinky" phones were good value. Immediately red carded and told the reason why !!

Swiss adopted this seat fee since a while already.

They advertised with cheaper flight but with this fee the price is even more expensive

From 1000 baht to 1600 for one way ..

Racist bastard....... :SoWhat1:

I actually about 6/7 years ago got booted off a UK forum on phones just for saying "Chinky" phones were good value. Immediately red carded and told the reason why !!

LOL, ThaiVisa suspended me when I posted that Pollack plumbers were the UK equivalent of US Wetback gardeners.

I guess you just cannot use the word plumber too carefully.

LOL, ThaiVisa suspended me when I posted that Pollack plumbers were the UK equivalent of US Wetback gardeners.

I guess you just cannot use the word plumber too carefully.

Thaivisa suspend people for virtually nothing, mods are way too officious over there, ruins the forum.

Archived