IGNORED

Tacos & Burritos

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best Mexican in Thailand is LaMonita in Bangkok.

Lately, I've been making tacos at home. Not bad.

Tortillas and salsa can be found in Villa Mkt.

attachicon.gifIMG_0749.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1345.JPG

Awesome! I've been looking for a place to find some tortillas. So far my quest has been quite disappointing. I'll check out villa market today. Never noticed it before. Thanks!

Awesome! I've been looking for a place to find some tortillas. So far my quest has been quite disappointing. I'll check out villa market today. Never noticed it before. Thanks!

Check the frozen food bins for the ElCharro tortillas. Bought some today.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles California, so I know my Mexican food...555, The "best" place for me currently is Mike's Mexican, sure it's not the same as a south west USA Mexican place but it's the best Pattaya has to offer, also their frozen margaritas hit the spot on a hot afternoon.

I was also born and raised in L.A. and spent a lot of time in Mexico. Recently had to go back and spend 4 out the last 5 months there working. The best thing about being back was the Mexican food, especially the hole in the wall joints. Nothing here can touch it but Mikes Mexican is still the best option. La Monita in Bangkok is good but IMHO falls a close 2nd

I was also born and raised in L.A. and spent a lot of time in Mexico. Recently had to go back and spend 4 out the last 5 months there working. The best thing about being back was the Mexican food, especially the hole in the wall joints. Nothing here can touch it but Mikes Mexican is still the best option. La Monita in Bangkok is good but IMHO falls a close 2nd

I hear you about LA, great Mexican but I am shocked you like Mikes.    Unless......they changed the chef in the last couple of years, I love mexican but only went there a few times and it was okay at best

Sams was great however, sure miss that place

I'm with you on the chef. Mike's got pretty bad a few years ago but has come up a couple of notches. Not great but fine for a Mexican fix. Still think it is better than other places in Patts at the moment

Let me try again. This one has not been mentioned yet.

That one is new to me   :)

But it is too far away for me.

had this for a week adn will post now, I havent tried it yet but owned by a real mexican and a thai lady.   I think it will do well

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

my friend ordered last night, I didnt go :(   he said it was just like LA and he is a Mexican food guy, eats it 2 times a week in the US.    said it was perfect and the first time he had real guacamole here

not sure what the minimum order is...hmmm

It says 500 baht. Not too bad. 

i will make a try in the next few days....... he is really picky and loved it....... thats good

It does look really good and at least looks like the best actually Mexican food ever served in Pattaya.

Hopefully they'll open a restaurant. 

had this for a week adn will post now, I havent tried it yet but owned by a real mexican and a thai lady.   I think it will do well

Agree. I believe that Mexican food that tastes as expected to those of us who have grown up with it requires a cook such as described above. 

I've had Mexican food in Hong Kong and Madrid and while both were OK, the taste was a bit off from real Mexican. Thanks for the pics

That one is new to me   :)

But it is too far away for me.

Yeah it's a bit off the beaten track so not a restaurant I would frequent very often, but you can easily get there by a baht bus. It's a very nice and relaxed place to go f.ex. after you have been visiting any other attraction close by, like Buddha Mountain, Silverlake, Cartoon Network, etc. The food was good and decent priced too, but then I am not picky on Mexican or tex-mex food.

Yeah it's a bit off the beaten track so not a restaurant I would frequent very often, but you can easily get there by a baht bus. It's a very nice and relaxed place to go f.ex. after you have been visiting any other attraction close by, like Buddha Mountain, Silverlake, Cartoon Network, etc. The food was good and decent priced too, but then I am not picky on Mexican or tex-mex food.

I'm confused. The one he's talking about, Pattaya Cantina, is on 3rd road in Pattaya, semi-near Bali Hai pier if I'm not mistaken. I know of no Mexican places out by Buddha Mountain. Can you clarify what you're talking about?

Perhaps I should take one for the team by going to Pattaya Cantina. It certainly doesn't look promising.

Edit: on second thought, I don't even think it's worth trying. Here's their menu:

http://thepattayacantina.com/food-menu

They can't even spell comal correctly. The food looks like an afterthought.

The new delivery place looks great. A bit pricey, but not too bad. I may at some point try that one.

I'm confused. The one he's talking about, Pattaya Cantina, is on 3rd road in Pattaya, semi-near Bali Hai pier if I'm not mistaken. I know of no Mexican places out by Buddha Mountain. Can you clarify what you're talking about?

Perhaps I should take one for the team by going to Pattaya Cantina. It certainly doesn't look promising.

Edit: on second thought, I don't even think it's worth trying. Here's their menu:

http://thepattayacantina.com/food-menu

They can't even spell comal correctly. The food looks like an afterthought.

The new delivery place looks great. A bit pricey, but not too bad. I may at some point try that one.

The place looks worth a try out. The Chili Verde & Chili Colorado I want to test. 

you wont get real Mexican food here easily, after all this is Thailand.   this is from one of the most popular places in LA, been going there 30 years, and if you dont know someone in this big place there is a long wait

el compadre.jpg

Archived