IGNORED

Tacos & Burritos

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could try Tequila Reef Soi 7, beach rd end.

Not a taco/burrito aficionado so don't know how good they are...

used to be sams, great

you can get decent tacos in jomtin at wooden hut

chicken taco.JPG

and at rich man poor man

Mexican Plate copy 2.JPG

Mexican Plate copy.JPG

Mexican Plate.JPG

pastrami on rye has a breakfast burrito

breakfast burrito.JPG

Like I said, nowhere in Pattaya.

For people that think those pictures represent decent tacos and burritos, then enjoy. 

For people that think those pictures represent decent tacos and burritos, then enjoy. 

sorry i tried to help, you might realize you are in Thailand dude, this is not Mexico nor america.....  hard to get good thai food in america

sorry i tried to help, you might realize you are in Thailand dude, this is not Mexico nor america.....  hard to get good thai food in america

Yes you're right. Some people will be satisfied with that. I don't accept the excuse though. There is a lot of decent Italian food in Pattaya but really no decent  Mexican food. The situation with Thai food in the U.S. is irrelevant but there is plenty of decent Thai food in many cities.

For example, in a suburban strip mall --

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ruan-thai-wheaton

I could be wrong but took the question as asking for good Mexican food. Not food called  Mexican that isn't really. So the honest answer is still nowhere. 

There is also a "food called  Mexican" restaurant in Thappraya Road called Mike's Mexican.

Yes, you're right. It's called Mexican.

Sue's Place on Soi 13/4 is the only place in Pattaya to find very good Mexican food. If you're not familiar with the place, it's a little bar, but her grandson went to culinary school in the States and puts sort of a "gourmet flair" on his Mexican food. It is VERY good.

Tequila Reef tries to do Mexican food, but fails miserably. They've "trained" Thais to cook  it, so enough said there. It doesn't work and it never has.

Correct if I'm wrong, but I thought I heard that Mike's Place threw in the towel and closed shop.

Sue's Place on Soi 13/4 is the only place in Pattaya to find very good Mexican food. If you're not familiar with the place, it's a little bar, but her grandson went to culinary school in the States and puts sort of a "gourmet flair" on his Mexican food. It is VERY good.

Tequila Reef tries to do Mexican food, but fails miserably. They've "trained" Thais to cook  it, so enough said there. It doesn't work and it never has.

Correct if I'm wrong, but I thought I heard that Mike's Place threw in the towel and closed shop.

Sam's in the Jomtien Complex closed

Oops! Okay, Sam's then.

sams was the only place I ever had Mexican in Thailand that could have been opened in LA.   shame it closed, bad location, heard he might reopen, hope so, killed my friends and I when it closed.  The op is looking for great Mexican....not gonna happen dude, so live with a copy

Mexican Carnitas.JPG

Mexican copy.JPG

mexican Nachos.JPG

mexican taco-enchalada.JPG

Mexican Tacos.JPG

Sams, please come back

Even though you wouldn't be satisfied the OP might.

Maybe you could put  up some pics of what your expectations are?

It's to bad Sam's closed it was about the best around.The good thing is you can get most all you need to make your own.

Sue's is ok in a pinch...

TequilaReef... Let's just call it Tex-mex... not Mexican...  no where close to Mexican...  But if you're hard up, they have Taco Tuesdays...

That's it for Pattaya...

contact chick;ncoop bar im bar complex 2nd rd opp mikes shopping centre they have a taco tuesdays group and go to different mex places every tuesday. the boss coop wil advise you or you can join in with them

any holes a goal

• 3 weeks later...

I think Mikes Tex-Mex is good for mexican for. I've not tried any others but compared to what im used to (Australian mexican restaurants) it was pretty good. I'm sure for you Americans its subpar but we are in Thailand. Enjoy

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

I think Mikes Tex-Mex is good for mexican for. I've not tried any others but compared to what im used to (Australian mexican restaurants) it was pretty good. I'm sure for you Americans its subpar but we are in Thailand. Enjoy

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Happy you enjoy it. Wish I could. 

I think Lone Star Grill in Soi Lengkee right by LK Metro is awesome. Both for tacos and for american grill stuff (like spare ribs). Usually stop by there once or twice every time I'm in Pattaya.

Went to sues place a few weeks ago and it was pretty good.

260 baht for a big chicken burrito with sides and condiments.

Would go again

A Texan mate of mine swears by Cactus in Bangkok. The owner there makes his from scratch, including the corn and flour tortillas, refried beans, salsa, Chicken Tortilla soup, and guacamole.

post-158028-0-98425700-1473156686_thumb.jpg

I keep trying to get out to Bangkok to try it out but have never made it to Cactus but my mate compares it to good TexMex in Houston.

cactus is good but you got to wait for the right day to get it, although all his food is great

I liked coyote in Bangkok, not bad for Mexican in Thailand

Archived