Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Settlement or tourist Visa to UK?

bobbymack

I was told all UK visas are Multiple Entry unless there is a specific reason for them not to  be. 

My GF got a Marriage Visitor visa in April.  It's multiple entry, so we made one trip in April (to give notice to marry) and we're going back in August for the wedding.

Yes all multi entry and 180 days long. We only wanted a visa for 2 weeks but were issued 180 days. Everything on the application clearly stated we wanted only 2 weeks.

That however doesn't mean you can stay 180 days. The immigration officer on entry to the uk decides how long you are getting.

My gf come over last year on a 6 month visa. On arrival to the uk she was asked how long she was here for, she said 2 weeks which was when the return flight was booked for. The officer gave her a two week stamp.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We therefore have more than the 6 pieces of evidence required.

If you have what is required for the settlement visa why not go for that first? If you want to get to the UK before that has been completed you could investigate if they will consider an application for a tourist visa in the interim. You would need to check if she needs to be outside when the settlement visa is finalised as it is with the Australian equivalent.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Yes all multi entry and 180 days long. We only wanted a visa for 2 weeks but were issued 180 days. Everything on the application clearly stated we wanted only 2 weeks.

That however doesn't mean you can stay 180 days. The immigration officer on entry to the uk decides how long you are getting.

My gf come over last year on a 6 month visa. On arrival to the uk she was asked how long she was here for, she said 2 weeks which was when the return flight was booked for. The officer gave her a two week stamp.

Sorry but this is not entirely correct. The immigration officer is looking for flaws in your application and to see if you are planning to overstay. Obviously saying something different on entry to what was on the original visa application form and what she just filled in on the plane would be a stupid thing to do. Return flights should therefore match what was originally intended but it does not stop her coming back again at a later date within the 180 days as she has a multi entry. She could also change her plans and stay longer than what was intended and there will be no comeback when she leaves. It may be necessary to explain this in further application though. She will just get more questions thrown at her on entry as to why she is coming to the UK again so quickly if she does return within 180 days.

I have seen many visa entry stamps in passports and it's just the date of entry. It does not say on the stamp how long you can stay for.

The immigration officer does not decided how long you can stay for, he decides if you are coming in or going straight home.

The girl goes through all the hassle of getting the visa and paying the fee. All checks should therefore have been done already before the visa is used by the embassy. Immigration is just checking if what was originally applied for is still been carried out.

My wife arrived yesterday on her second visa in 12 months, also her third visit in 12 months. This time staying for two months with a return flight to match. The visa entry stamp just shows date she entered the UK.

My wife knows one girl that was refused entry a few weeks ago as she said 2 weeks on application but the return flight was for 6 months later. Pretty dumb really as it's easy to change flights for a fee once here.

Below is an example from wife's passport of a stamp. It just shows immigration officers number, date and entry point.image.jpeg

I believe the visa starts from day of issue not day of entry

I believe the Visa will start from the date requested not date of issue. If requested for 31st May than then it will have 180 multi entry from this date.

She could apply for visa to travel from the 1st July 2016. They may issue the visa earlier than this but normally the visa will have a start date of 1st July 2016 as originally requested and be valid for travel anytime until date of expiry and return within the expiry date. As I think you can apply 3 months before intended travel.

I applied for wife's visa for travel from 31st May. Visa was granted 18th May but start date was 31st May. I did not actually get her a flight until 6th June.

I believe the Visa will start from the date requested not date of issue. If requested for 31st May than then it will have 180 multi entry from this date.

She could apply for visa to travel from the 1st July 2016. They may issue the visa earlier than this but normally the visa will have a start date of 1st July 2016 as originally requested and be valid for travel anytime until date of expiry and return within the expiry date. As I think you can apply 3 months before intended travel.

I applied for wife's visa for travel from 31st May. Visa was granted 18th May but start date was 31st May. I did not actually get her a flight until 6th June.

If a date is not requested they will start the visa on day of issue

If a date is not requested they will start the visa on day of issue

Don't you have to request a date of planned travel on the application form online before printing it off, I think?

I might be wrong but don't believe you can move on to the next section until you complete this. Personally even if you could I'd not want to leave it blank as it's just another excuse for rejection.

You may apply for a UK visa up to 90 days in advance of travel.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

Archived