Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Under 300 Baht ... And Good! (updated for 2024)

Evil Penevil

sorry I have no idea. I just found this on the Steak and Co. thread.

What hours for the early birds? Do they include sides the same as with regular orders? 

no idea i simply took the pic, and apart from anything else there is more info hidden by the foliage at the bottom. :Doghouse:

Thank you, Uncle-V and striderman, for suggesting a truly excellent option under 300 baht.  And thanks to ertert for answering about the early bird hours.  From Steak & Co's Facebook page:

Capture.JPG

I'd be surprised if the specials didn't include sides, but it would be good to have confirmation.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

I always find the "upto" very misleading.

Did you mean "up to you"...lol :)  If you did, ya, me too...cuz lots of times we get back to the loom and it was definitely not up to me, in fact, after emerging from the shower and seeing me lay on the bed in my birthday suit, some run clutching their towel, mostly pointing and laughing, but a few genuinely puzzled at what they saw.  I really need to eat less and exercise more.

j/k, Alex

Edited by Alex the Hedonist

Next time I'm in Bangkok, I'll have to try her restaurant to see if the food is sh*tty.

91OdK9r2WIL.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I pray this thread isn't dying out...I looked forward to Evil's updates frequently.

Hoping for a fresh update soon, surely he must be getting hungry by now...lol.

Cheers, Alex

***Shameless Bump***

Edited by Alex the Hedonist

Next time I'm in Bangkok, I'll have to try her restaurant to see if the food is sh*tty.

attachicon.gif91OdK9r2WIL.jpg

I bought this book for a friend -- the story of him having the squirts while he was doing a ST in Bangkok is one of my favorite EVER from Thailand (more to ti than this, but the girl inquisitively asked "you poo poo?" He denied it, but when she got to the bathroom to shower, the smell hit her, and she turned and disappointing said "you poopoooo....")

We were at a convention at the time, so we got this book and gave it to him as an award at the next convention (leaving out the the details about the ST, of course! 555)

It's supposed to be a very good book.  Expensive if you buy it here on Amazon (about 1500 baht), so buy in while in Thailand!

I pray this thread isn't dying out...I looked forward to Evil's updates frequently.

Hoping for a fresh update soon, surely he must be getting hungry by now...lol.

Cheers, Alex

***Shameless Bump***

Thanks, Alex, for the vote of confidence.  I'm back in the U.S. right now and busy with various things, but I will be getting back to this thread when I have more free time.

And if anyone else has any suggestions for good food under 300 baht, don't hesitate to share them.

this thread is cookin!..thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Time to kick this thread back to life.  Dicey Reilly's in front of the Marriott on 2nd Road has some decent specials:

Untitled-1sss.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

I've tried all of them and they're good.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 3

Time to kick this thread back to life.  Dicey Reilly's in front of the Marriott on 2nd Road has some decent specials:

attachicon.gifUntitled-1sss.jpg

attachicon.gifUntitled-2.jpg

Evil

their Sunday buffet is a good deal

Evil

Staying at the Marriott for a few nights in November and looking forward to checking a few of these out!

How does their Sunday Roast compare to Sportsman?

Evil

At 299 Baht do they run to Cod for the F&C or is it the dreaded(?) Dory?

what fish and chips

.good question

But I would put a wager on the answer being Dory

Wow, I've hurriedly walked past that Harry's restaurant (it's a brand ripoff from a popular Swedish chain of bars/restaurants - it's staple for people in their 30s/40s in Sweden. They tend to have the most officient bartenders in the western world - zero attitude, it's all about shifting the maximum amount of beer per evening) without really noticing. I guess when I'm walking there I tend to have a very direct goal on LK Metro :).

http://harryspattaya.com/restaurant.html

(The original: http://www.harrys.se/ )

How were those meatballs/mashed potatoes? The mashed potatoes looks a bit weird but the rest at least looks good. :)

They tend to use instant mash

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Great thread.

I would also endorse Frydays, Cafe Pittini and Robin's Nest...... plus Sizzler salad bar (I think their processed meat is crap though).

I also enjoy the restaurant on the corner of soi Buakao and the soi to Pattaya New Plaza. Orange decor with white tables. Reasonable food at excellent prices and charming service. Sad, but I have never noticed the name.

Great thread.

I also enjoy the restaurant on the corner of soi Buakao and the soi to Pattaya New Plaza. Orange decor with white tables. Reasonable food at excellent prices and charming service. Sad, but I have never noticed the name.

Its called take away, not sure why, I guess they will do take aways.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The arcade which runs parallel to Soi Diana and diagonally across from Mike's Mall on 2nd Road includes some notable Pattaya restaurants:  Kiss Foods, Beefeater, Patrick's, My Way and Little India.  

post-9139-0-34178300-1467255505.jpg

This week I decided to try a relative newcomer to the arcade, Calles Grill & Bar. It's not brand new as it opened in October last year, but I had never had occasion to try it before.  It occupies the premises of the defunct Longhorn Steakhouse. Basically it's a grill restaurant specializing in steaks and Swedish meat dishes, but with some international favorites on the menu as well.

post-9139-0-60420700-1467255511.jpg

It's bright and cheerful inside; not fancy but comfortable and welcoming.

post-9139-0-08863300-1467255515.jpg

post-9139-0-11675400-1467255519.jpg

post-9139-0-14114800-1467255527.jpg

If you get a window seat, you can keep an eye on the goings-on at Papagayo coyote club across the walkway.

post-9139-0-75538200-1467255530.jpg

The menu serves as the placemat (or vice versa, I guess).  It's a moderately priced (but not cheap) restaurant with a number of dishes under 300 baht.

post-9139-0-99854200-1467255534.jpg

The first dish I ordered was listed on the menu as "Butt Naked Cordon Bleu,"  or an unbreaded escalope of pork loin stuffed with ham and cheese and thick-cut "steakhouse fries" and gorgonzola sauce on the side.  However, what I got was an "ordinary,"  fully breaded cordon bleu,  It looked pretty good and I was in a bit of a hurry, so I decided not to complain. 

post-9139-0-12848700-1467255538.jpg

It was indeed a good cordon bleu, properly cooked with plenty of flavor.  The only thing I thought a bit odd was the gorgonzola sauce along with it.  Absolutely nothing wrong with the sauce, but it tended to overwhelm the cheese that stuffed the schnitzel.  I used the sauce on the steak fries instead,

post-9139-0-14472600-1467255541.jpg

It cost 295 baht and a SML was 100 baht.  Despite the order mix up, I was happy with the meal.

post-9139-0-79007500-1467255544.jpg

Yesterday I tried the daily special at 299 baht (pic from Calles' Facebook page).

post-9139-0-03364800-1467260540.jpg

This time, what I got corresponded to the description:  two pieces of pork filet served Scandinavian plank-style with mashed potatoes, mushroom sauce and a grilled tomato.

post-9139-0-09175200-1467260284.jpg

Again, the pork  was properly seasoned and cooked, were the mashed potatoes.  The sauce had a real mushroom flavor.

post-9139-0-12136500-1467260287.jpg

post-9139-0-48278300-1467260291.jpg

post-9139-0-91505000-1467261453.jpg

It came with carrots and snap peas which were hidden by the meat.

post-9139-0-48162400-1467260300.jpg

post-9139-0-66735000-1467260303.jpg

Bottom line:  I really liked the pork plank steak and thought it good value for money at 299 baht. I enjoy Swedish food and will be back to try a few more dishes.

Evil

devil.gif

Excellent as always Evil, thanks.

Calles Bar and Grill is another eatery I've walked past on several occasions but haven't tried as yet. 

I will never complain about having Gorgonzola sauce on the side of anything, even if I ordered chocolate cake :)

Thanks for the review, Mr Evil.

The Cordon Bleu seems to have tested even your cheese tolerance!

There's plenty on the menu looking more tempting though.

When in Patts I walk through that arcade several times a day.

Will defo give Calles a try on my next trip.

Edit: I notice that the wooden board used for the 2nd dish has a drainage gulley round the outside.

This should prevent any excess liquids from running onto the table.

A sensible precaution which others serving on wooden boards should note :)

Edited by xdrt33