IGNORED

Blast at Brussels airport

rick379

uk airport terminals are now bollard protected to prevent a ram raid crash into the building.

you may not have noticed them but they are there

Yes mate, you are correct about the bollards. In some airports (eg Liverpool UK) an additional security measure is the banning of all vehicles (taxis excepted) from picking up or dropping off directly outside.

My more general point was that 'air-side' is still a soft target.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all for security measures that increase safety, but unfortunately scanning bags at airport entrances isn't one of them. All that does is move the soft targets out of the terminal to the entrances to the terminal. The reality is you're always going to have easy targets for terrorists wherever groups of people congregate.

If there outside the building instead of in at least that's one more step to safety and yes these guys waking around the airports with m-16 is pretty much for show but checking people at the entrance and not letting cars park curbside at arrivals and checking cars as they approach the terminal etc. These are real things that deture the types of insidence.. Imo.

So what's the alternative we just say fuckit and let them keep causing mayhem in society.. like I said before they being isis will never stop what there doing until we eliminate them and then educate the ones that aren't completely brainwashed yet... it's been done before in war as this is.. world war 2 the Germans where educated.. the cold war the Russians learned something and there a little thick headed so now there learning again with this Ukraine situation.. as I'm sure they hate there money being cut in half.. anyway my point is you have to destroy this cowards at there level

Any old farts like me recall the days when Don Muang was the sole aerodrome for BKK?  No baggage was allowed into the halls until it had been scanned outside the building.

I remember it well ...the terminal building and security was very different back then!

post-150248-0-66953400-1458828353.jpg

Archived