Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Skalliwag's breakfasts of distinction.Please read first.

Street cart, near Russian Market, Phnom Penh. 3000 riel. (75 cents US) 

October, 2015

Perfect breakfast. 

2.jpg

Visiting December 2019

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

BM nickersoff's figure persuaded me to forego breakfasts a long time ago I'm afraid.

I read elsewhere that lecreepblank is hoping to meet you, so I guess he's a fan really?

I still chat with Knckers every now and then.

He's a good lad.Too bad his breaks thread was closed.

I've heard nothing about a meeting on my end.

Maybe he will give me a BELL from his END.

Definitely motivated to get this,old clunker going again now though.

Esay on lads, time to have a beer and cool down.

Very funny....not til midnight here flower.    :Think1:

Esay on lads, time to have a beer and cool down.

What?

It's 6am.

Gin is one thing,but to have a beer this early is would be a bit if a problem.

Although,unknown to most of you,we have Ceasars up here for breakfast.

Early breakfast here this morning,on our way to a Thai together for you know what.

Will take some pics.

Breakfast.

IMG_6829.JPG

Mama has a nice little sleep in this morning so I made myself some breakfast.

Couple of lamb sausages and some bacon,boiled egg.

Just in the infancy of doing my own bacon.

I won a smoker in a silent auction,so I did some fish and some bacon.

Will post more pics later but this bacon are the end cuts,so I know it doesn't look that great,but it tastes amazing.

IMG_6933.JPG

My favourite breakfast places in no particular order are Canterbury Tales (for the banter and people watching and Daveo), Sportsman (Air conditioned, staff and consistent) Robins Nest (pretty much the same), Harry's (a rising star in the food stakes).

image.png

Smoked salmon, poached eggs, lobster chunks mixed with spinach and potatoes.....at 35K feet high in the sky .... only thing missing was guava juice.... and an Asian lady hand feeding me....

IMG_0195.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0195.JPG

Smoked salmon, poached eggs, lobster chunks mixed with spinach and potatoes.....at 35K feet high in the sky .... only thing missing was guava juice.... and an Asian lady hand feeding me....

That's awesome.Thanks buddy.

Can someone please explain to me how the fuck they cook these meals,hold them and serve them after that long?

Maybe planeman can explain it.:)

That's awesome.Thanks buddy.

Can someone please explain to me how the fuck they cook these meals,hold them and serve them after that long?

Maybe planeman can explain it. :)

Hope this helps,Skalliwag

Quoted from "www.thrillist.com"

1. Meals are meticulously planned up to a year in advance, right down to how many maraschino cherry portions go in each fruit cocktail (answer: one). That’s because every ingredient counts -- American Airlines saved $40,000/yr by removing a single olive from each of their in-flight salads.

2. Often, food's tested in-flight, because cabin pressure affects your palate. The lack of humidity dries your nose, and as a plane takes off the change in pressure numbs one-third of your taste buds. So your Chilis-to-Go Spicy Buffalo Wings, which would’ve lit a fire in the terminal, will taste bland at altitude. Even the sound of the engines affects how you perceive taste -- loud/ constant noise further deadens your tongue.

tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg
  •  
  •  

3. Safety standards and space constraints mean your food’s made on the ground, near the airport. Big boys like LSG Sky Chefs produce 15,000 bread rolls every hour (24hrs a day, 365 days/yr), and 30,000 sandwiches a day.

4. As a rule of thumb, food is prepared 10hrs before it gets eaten. Those “Made Fresh!” stickers are there to mock you. It’s not ready-to-eat by any means at this stage; generally, chicken is cooked 60% of the way, and steak 30% to done, with the final phase occurring onboard. Once cooked, it gets blast-chilled in special fridges -- in a not-quite-frozen-but-not-edible state, your food awaits transfer to the tarmac.

•  
  •  
FLICKR USER ATOMIC TACO 

5. Meals then wait in their own kind of flight-specific gate lounge -- only theirs is refrigerated. If a flight’s delayed, and food has already been loaded onto the plane, airlines often dump the entire load and order a replacement shipment from catering. Costly and wasteful? Sure, but consider the alternative -- on V-day in 1992, an Aerolineas Argentinas flight from Buenos Aires to LA poisoned its passengers with cholera-infested shrimp76 people got sick and one guy died. If a delay’s announced early enough, the food’s preparation is held off or, if finished, it’ll be frozen.

Fun fact: many airlines insist their pilot and co-pilot eat different meals to minimize the risk of them both getting sick, and having to rely on Ted Striker to land the plane.

•  
  •  
FLICKR USER SAM CHEONG

6. Flight on time? Food on the plane? Time to finish the prep-work. Contrary to what most people think, planes generally don’t have microwaves. Your little tray makes its way into a convection oven for about 20min. Convection ovens have a fan (which pushes hot air onto the food) that's both faster and means a lower cooking temp.

7. Ever wonder why an inordinate number of people drink tomato juice on planes? According to a study conducted by Lufthansa, bogged-up sinuses are caused by the altered air pressure, leaving most people craving acidity and saltiness. If only your flight attendant had the skills of a Señor Frog's bartender...

•  
  •  
FLICKR USER GEORGE RUIZ

8. What’s your safest bet? If it’s a hot meal, the stew or curry’s probably the failsafe option, as it’s pretty consistent no matter how under- or over-heated it is by the time it makes its way back to 47K. Skip chicken and pasta dishes, where proteins go to die and starches break down (read: noodles get soggy, and chicken dries out).

•  
  •  
HEALTHY GYPSY TRAVELER

All-time plane food failures

Despite stringent food safety regulations, those aren’t urban legends you hear every year or so about danger lurking beneath the foil. Passengers on Air Canada and Delta found needles in their sandwiches; a Qantas passenger found maggots in her trail-mix; someone on a Jet Airways flight found a dead lizard in his biryani; a couple flying first class on American Airlines bit into shards of glass in their ice cream; and a 7yr-old on Air India picked a cockroach out of his kids meal. Maybe go ahead and grab that Chilis-to-Go after all.

Good interesting article MSR so thanks,think i`ll opt for the curry or stew option if its on the menu in future,tbh though i dont mind airline food,its not that bad all things considered!

Thanks MSR,that is a good article.

It always amazes me when I order the steak on a flight,and it comes cooked perfectly and tastes soooo good.

Just imagine,you're hurtling through the air,on the edge of space at 1000km/h,checking messages from your family on your phone,eating steak that is cooked perfectly,going to a destination on the other side of the world.

If I had a time machine I would grab The Wright boys and show them where we've come.

Sometimes you just have to sit in awe of what humans have done.

Fucking cool.

Breakfast for me these days is usually yogurt and fruit, so here are some memorable breakfasts in the past.

Pancakes, eggs, hash browns and Virginia ham (hidden under the eggs).

IMG_4956---Copy.jpg

IMG_4954a.jpg

IMG_4954.jpg

Eaten at  a classic New Jersey diner.  Every time I go back to the U.S., I have a meal there.

6.jpg

IMG_4958.jpg

Brunch at the same diner:

IMGP4949---Copy.jpg

Chicken, tomato and mozzarella wrap

IMGP4950---Copy.jpg

Steak and eggs at a cafe in rural Iowa.

steak-and-eggs.jpg

2011-08-01_2360.jpg

2011-08-01_2359.jpg

Back in Pattaya.  Eggs, bacon and bubble and squeak at Nicky's on Soi Bukhao:

IMG_6446a---Copy.jpg

IMG_6448---Copy.jpg

Untitled-2---Copy.jpg

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Breakfast knocked up by the Thai Wife this morning

Bits and bobs from the fridge

Thai Basil from the garden

Tasted better than most of the Thai food I buy from restaurants

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

...............It always amazes me when I order the steak on a flight,and it comes cooked perfectly and tastes soooo good.

Just imagine,you're hurtling through the air,on the edge of space at 1000km/h....................

Precisely,i`ve gone on about it before but i cant do with people who witter about airline food,its not a bloody restaraunt,you`re in a pressurised tube where the primary objective is trying to get you from A to B in the fastest time possible,sure some meals are better than others but on the whole i`ve no complaints.I think they do a good job!

Precisely,i`ve gone on about it before but i cant do with people who witter about airline food,its not a bloody restaraunt,you`re in a pressurised tube where the primary objective is trying to get you from A to B in the fastest time possible,sure some meals are better than others but on the whole i`ve no complaints.I think they do a good job!

Fuck yeah they do.

I've had the Japanese meal on JAL a bunch of times and it is superb.

Breakfast for me these days is usually yogurt and fruit, so here are some memorable breakfasts in the past.

Pancakes, eggs, hash browns and Virginia ham (hidden under the eggs).

attachicon.gifIMG_4956---Copy.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4954a.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4954.jpg

Eaten at  a classic New Jersey diner.  Every time I go back to the U.S., I have a meal there.

attachicon.gif6.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4958.jpg

Brunch at the same diner:

attachicon.gifIMGP4949---Copy.jpg

Chicken, tomato and mozzarella wrap

attachicon.gifIMGP4950---Copy.jpg

Steak and eggs at a cafe in rural Iowa.

attachicon.gifsteak-and-eggs.jpg

attachicon.gif2011-08-01_2360.jpg

attachicon.gif2011-08-01_2359.jpg

Back in Pattaya.  Eggs, bacon and bubble and squeak at Nicky's on Soi Bukhao:

attachicon.gifIMG_6446a---Copy.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_6448---Copy.jpg

attachicon.gifUntitled-2---Copy.jpg

Evil

Now that's the shit I'm talking about.

Had my first Grits in SC Evil.

Different.lolol.

Just popped these in.

Chorizo for breakfast.

Am trying out a new Butcher that operates out of his farm.

Bratwurst were ok,but the Chorizo was excellent.

IMG_6954.JPG

IMG_6956.JPG

Just popped these in.

Chorizo for breakfast.

Am trying out a new Butcher that operates out of his farm.

Bratwurst were ok,but the Chorizo was excellent.

Looks delicious Skalliwag.

Where is this Butcher located?, would love to pick-up some Chorizo, when I get to Pattaya.

Where is this Butcher located?, would love to pick-up some Chorizo, when I get to Pattaya.

Canada 555.   remember you have some foreigner posting, not a local :)

Yes just hung is correct,it's Canada,but I could bring some for you.

Not for others.

What is chorizo? How is it different than sausage?

Grits are always amazing.... too bad I've never seen them on my plate in pattaya...

What is chorizo? How is it different than sausage?

Grits are always amazing.... too bad I've never seen them on my plate in pattaya...

Chorizo is a type of pork sausage. Classic Spanish chorizo is flavored with smoked paprika, but there  are hundreds of variations in Mexico and across Latin America. Some types of chorizo are very spicy, others are mild.  

I don't think there is much demand for grits in Pattaya, which is why you don't see it.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Canada 555.   remember you have some foreigner posting, not a local :)

Correct, I am a foreigner.

Thought this thread was for everybody.

Since Evil, hasn't replied, guess I' m out of line.

I'm sorry - Evil & just hanging.

Thought I could ask, as I love Chorizo Sausages and perhaps Evil would point me in the correct direction.............  

Archived