IGNORED

Flights so cheap Middle East Carriers

Harvey707

Qatar Airways have got a 'companion sale' on at the moment with 241 on selected routes. Definitely worth a look if you've got a fellow Monger who fancies a cheap trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Qatar Airways have got a 'companion sale' on at the moment with 241 on selected routes. Definitely worth a look if you've got a fellow Monger who fancies a cheap trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ends midnight today (Sunday) at least in the UK.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Qatar have Business Class for around £1550 from LHR to BKK on a lot of dates.

a couple of weeks ago i bought a turkish airlines business ticket for next week £1130,i think the deal is still on for certain dates

a couple of weeks ago i bought a turkish airlines business ticket for next week £1130,i think the deal is still on for certain dates

The Turks are ok in Business but their Economy is shight

Do Qatar still do deals on 2 people flying business together?

As I said above, when I checked yesterday for flights from the UK the current companion offer was ending midnight last night.

UK travelers might find this article interesting

http://www.skyscanner.net/bttb/best-time-to-book-uk/

I always thought 7 or 8 weeks before was the sweet spot for booking my trips, but this article suggests it should be 18 weeks

:o

I always thought 7 or 8 weeks before was the sweet spot for booking my trips, but this article suggests it should be 18 weeks

Maybe who really knows. I booked Oman for end of January two month ticket back on November 8th at £398........Tickets subsequently rose to £515 same flights now checked at the weekend just gone, back to £425 as per OP

Maybe who really knows. I booked Oman for end of January two month ticket back on November 8th at £398........Tickets subsequently rose to £515 same flights now checked at the weekend just gone, back to £425 as per OP

Might bump into you in March then

Might bump into you in March then

Yes I here all of February and March

Personal choice I know but I'm around at 160 Round trips London Bangkok maybe few more and only on one trip I had a minor problem sorted with no issues and at least 150 of those booked with 3rd Party Agents holding ATOL

if you book with 3rd party check Amadeus/Sabre the next day to see you are confirmed all sectors. No need to have 3rd party problems

Blimey. Bet you know all the staff at BKK by name. With you travelling so regular wouldnt it be better to book direct with an airline and amass a load of loyalty points up for free upgrades etc. Orhave you found the cost difference by booking through a third party more beneficial to your wallet over eventual free upgrades

My Etihad flight for March is £475, could have got it cheaper with different flight times but I like certain flights.

Same with my flights leaving on the 29/2 with Emirates. I've specifically chosen flights that avoid the 777 cattle carts as I find economy extremely uncomfortable being a big lad. The a380 flights are at better times and a much more enjoyable bus trip (I liken flying to sitting on a bus bored) to BKK via the desert.

Blimey. Bet you know all the staff at BKK by name. With you travelling so regular wouldnt it be better to book direct with an airline and amass a load of loyalty points up for free upgrades etc. Orhave you found the cost difference by booking through a third party more beneficial to your wallet over eventual free upgrades

Being honest I've always booked the cheapest available albeit avoiding 2-3 airlines.

I've had Gold on Eva and Etihad in the past but mileage points are nigh on worthless these days with only the flight but not the taxes coming free. Last free one on Etihad I had about 2008 I payed £242 in charges. Just pointless no pun intended

Currently Silver on Oman so will stick with them for now as prices around £400 return

I do have a friend who flies only Thai 5 times a year or so and he does seem to get regular upgrades but hes not paying the fares you see via Travel Supermarket Sky Scanner etc because invariably those are the lowest fares with restricted points maybe 25% so hes paying around £150 more each trip.

£750 over a year close to getting 2 free return flights on the ME carriers

Being honest I've always booked the cheapest available albeit avoiding 2-3 airlines.

I've had Gold on Eva and Etihad in the past but mileage points are nigh on worthless these days with only the flight but not the taxes coming free. Last free one on Etihad I had about 2008 I payed £242 in charges. Just pointless no pun intended

Currently Silver on Oman so will stick with them for now as prices around £400 return

I do have a friend who flies only Thai 5 times a year or so and he does seem to get regular upgrades but hes not paying the fares you see via Travel Supermarket Sky Scanner etc because invariably those are the lowest fares with restricted points maybe 25% so hes paying around £150 more each trip.

£750 over a year close to getting 2 free return flights on the ME carriers

Yeah see your point, ive never flown enough with the one airline to ever get a decent amount of loyalty points. Emirates are OK at the moment for me but I'd rather go with KLM or somebody and do the flights in bigger hits instead of getting off halfway in the desert paying nearly a tenner a pint. Would love to try the Thai route but hate Heathrow

Agree about airlines' mileage being devalued, a BKK-LHR-BKK trip last autumn on Jet Airways via Mumbai cost me 130,000 airmiles, plus about GBP200 for charges !  But they were about-to-expire, so would lose ALL value, to me !

However Eitihad-miles can be spent in their rather-good online-shop, on things like new pull-along bags or rucksacks, worth checking-out IMO ?

http://www.rewards.etihadguest.com/eyloyrewards/home

I booked last week with Qatar Airways flying out of Amsterdam on 2nd October, business class for £880. Qatar are really doing some great deals at the moment

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

I know it's ages away and I'm already booked for the end of May, but I'm thinking of also going in December. I looked last week and direct with Eva was £656 (flying 9th Dec and coming back 2nd Jan). Today it's gone up to £692. I don't really have the money to book it yet, but could put it on a CC.

Should the price drop as we get further into the year? :Crazy1:

Hi Guys

Loooking for flights to Bangkok for my October/November trip and saw on Travel Trolley flights with Gulf Air via Bahrain at only

£364 with Netflight they are £373 very low price.

Stop-overs outbound only 2hour 20minutes at Bahrain,and 1hour inbound.

Flight times depart Heathrow 22.05pm arriving Bangkok at 20.10pm next day

Inbound flights depart Bangkok 21.30pm arriving Heathrow at 06.25am next day

Friend works in Bahrain so uses Gulf as it's the only direct option.

He advised me to avoid them!

Also, flights from Bangkok code-share (with Malaysian I think) and link with flights to Saudi so often have lots of Hadjis on them.

Friend works in Bahrain so uses Gulf as it's the only direct option.

He advised me to avoid them!

Also, flights from Bangkok code-share (with Malaysian I think) and link with flights to Saudi so often have lots of Hadjis on them.

Imho Gulf are crap

Etihad every time for me

Yesterday i booked qatar: manchester to bkk, leaving 20th November, returning 20th December.

Brief layovers in doha of course. £433. Happy with that - its never going to get any cheaper.

My identical flights for May were about £425.

I love having my hols sorted out for the year :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Imho Gulf are crap

Etihad every time for me

Actually, "Gulf are crap" were his exact words. :-)

Archived