IGNORED

Flights so cheap Middle East Carriers

Harvey707

Actually, "Gulf are crap" were his exact words. :-)

He didn't lie then, I only flew with them once and decided on the outbound flight, never again, the inbound flight was even worse.

The flights seem full of lower class Arabs 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Probably the Hadjis - on the pilgrimage.

If you'd ever been on a flight into Saudi with them, you'd have seen them go into plane loo and come out wearing towels.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Yep. Probably the Hadjis - on the pilgrimage.

If you'd ever been on a flight into Saudi with them, you'd have seen them go into plane loo and come out wearing towels.

One of the worst flights I have been on, I will just stick to Etihad, be gold after next trip, might even treat the wife to business the time after that when I bring her back but she will have to say please....& nicely 

:GoldenSmile1:

I know it's ages away and I'm already booked for the end of May, but I'm thinking of also going in December. I looked last week and direct with Eva was £656 (flying 9th Dec and coming back 2nd Jan). Today it's gone up to £692. I don't really have the money to book it yet, but could put it on a CC.

Should the price drop as we get further into the year? :Crazy1:

No it will go up. Your return date is going to be premium rated for obvious reasons

As regards Gulf Air I mentioned earlier in thread I normally picked cheapest flights albeit avoiding 2-3 airlines.

Gulf is one of them. I had no option after take off on all 4 sectors to stand at the back the seats were so small fitted in Charter configuration at 28" pitch. I've looked at seat guru as the years have gone by and claim bigger pitch now but I'm not risking it !

etihad flights yesterday were 1650€ approx for flights to bkk from dublin in march ! normal price would be 580/630€ .

all other airlines are minimum 760€ .

please explain that one !

edinburgh-bangkok 14 April - 1st May Qatar Airways just booked for £357.

About a third of what i paid at christmas

etihad flights yesterday were 1650€ approx for flights to bkk from dublin in march ! normal price would be 580/630€ .

I just checked and etihad are between 450-500£ in April return so 580-650 euros..i would asume tho that prices will rise a bit from Dublin especially with etihad as they are dropping a daily flight

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Easter is in there somewhere

edinburgh-bangkok 14 April - 1st May Qatar Airways just booked for £357.

About a third of what i paid at christmas

Just booked the same dates, but from manchester £375

No it will go up. Your return date is going to be premium rated for obvious reasons

Cheers mate. I've decided to book it :) Paid £691...

My flight in March with Etihad is £475

LHR-AUH-BKK

a couple of weeks ago i bought a turkish airlines business ticket for next week £1130,i think the deal is still on for certain dates

Just (like 10 minutes ago) bought one for £1012 over Easter. From ARN (Stockholm), though, not LHR.

Turkish really are an odd mixture of the good and the bad. Food and drink are excellent, seats and IFE are quite all right, staff though are erratic and cleanliness of the "facilities" can be very dubious.

Just booked the same dates, but from manchester £375

who did you book with? 

Direct with qatar is about £430 .....but I see a company called Travelbag.co.uk are offering it for £375

who did you book with? 

Direct with qatar is about £430 .....but I see a company called Travelbag.co.uk are offering it for £375

Yeh travel bag pal

You can't beat the current prices with the middle east carriers. My preference is Emirates but everyone will have they favourite.

who did you book with? 

Travel bag are one of the oldest longest running Agents running many years before the advent of the Internet

You can't beat the current prices with the middle east carriers. My preference is Emirates but everyone will have they favourite.

I prefer Oman currently because of their 34" seat pitch beating all the rest but they are rostering when received this year their extra Dreamliners ordered on to the route with smaller pitch so will probably go back to Etihad

I normally fly from Oslo so have not tried Oman. Etihad were ok but did not like the airport, couldn't find a decent bar :WinkGrin1:

Another email from Netflights today re. Etihad 'sale'.

LHR-BKK from £424, must book by 27 Jan. Lots of dates available up to middle of June.

Edit: fares from £375 if you use Manchester.

When my missus finally gets her visa I need to fly to Thailand and pick her & the baby up and come back to UK (well I don't have to but it means another holiday)

For this trip I intend to fly Business (my preferred airline is Etihad but open to suggestions) I will need 1 adult return LHR-BKK-LHR and 1 adult single + 1 infant single BKK-LHR

What is the best way to go about getting the best deal, can't book too much in advance maybe 2-3 weeks max. Will it be best to call a few airlines direct to get prices, Etihad, Qatar etc or would it be better through an agency.

Opinions please.

Travel bag are one of the oldest longest running Agents running many years before the advent of the Internet

Yea but they don't do live booking .....which means they can't guarantee that price. Some reviews say that an email pops up 48 hrs later to say its an extra £xxx.

Then trying to get your money back takes harry potter wizardry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When my missus finally gets her visa I need to fly to Thailand and pick her & the baby up and come back to UK (well I don't have to but it means another holiday)

For this trip I intend to fly Business (my preferred airline is Etihad but open to suggestions) I will need 1 adult return LHR-BKK-LHR and 1 adult single + 1 infant single BKK-LHR

What is the best way to go about getting the best deal, can't book too much in advance maybe 2-3 weeks max. Will it be best to call a few airlines direct to get prices, Etihad, Qatar etc or would it be better through an agency.

Opinions please.

If the infant is under 2 then decide if you want a seat or in lap.

Any older and has to be seat (I think).

I assume you want your wife with you in Business? :-)

Surprised when I just looked on ebookers that the single fare is actually about half the return with a some airlines.

Most UK agents now allow you to book flights starting overseas. Only problem is you'll be on different bookings to your family.

I'd check out prices when you know you dates using online agents, compare with your chosen airline on their website, then phone the airline and see what they will do.

As you are in business, there probably wouldn't be an issue getting seats together even with 2 bookings anyway.

Edit: on a few dates I put in at random, Sri Lankan & Finnair were consistently about half the price of Etihad & Qatar for a single fare in Business for 1 adult with infant in lap.

Archived