Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Flights so cheap Middle East Carriers

Harvey707

If the infant is under 2 then decide if you want a seat or in lap.

Any older and has to be seat (I think).

I assume you want your wife with you in Business? :-)

Surprised when I just looked on ebookers that the single fare is actually about half the return with a some airlines.

Most UK agents now allow you to book flights starting overseas. Only problem is you'll be on different bookings to your family.

I'd check out prices when you know you dates using online agents, compare with your chosen airline on their website, then phone the airline and see what they will do.

As you are in business, there probably wouldn't be an issue getting seats together even with 2 bookings anyway.

Edit: on a few dates I put in at random, Sri Lankan & Finnair were consistently about half the price of Etihad & Qatar for a single fare in Business for 1 adult with infant in lap.

Baby will be under 2 so can be on lap.

All of us in business.

If I went in business alone can you imagine the wife's reaction lol

If booked direct with airline they can put it all on one booking if paid all together surely?

Thanks for reply

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should be able to link the bookings.

Etihad et al showing up at around £1500-1600 single.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Yea but they don't do live booking .....which means they can't guarantee that price. Some reviews say that an email pops up 48 hrs later to say its an extra £xxx.

Then trying to get your money back takes harry potter wizardry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not with you at all...... Went on Travelbag picked Oman at random 31st Jan Feb 16th after live search and took me onto payment page with "book" icon at the bottom before I aborted

Not sure if link will show

https://www.travelbag.co.uk/Booking/DisplayBooking?type=Flight&bookingid=3cfc1ffc-4a92-43e9-b542-7142e3073d5c

Yep 100% live theres a countdown clock on that link so its going to expire 20 minutes time from post

Not with you at all...... Went on Travelbag picked Oman at random 31st Jan Feb 16th after live search and took me onto payment page with "book" icon at the bottom before I aborted

Not sure if link will show

https://www.travelbag.co.uk/Booking/DisplayBooking?type=Flight&bookingid=3cfc1ffc-4a92-43e9-b542-7142e3073d5c

Yep 100% live theres a countdown clock on that link so its going to expire 20 minutes time from post

Don't be fooled by a clock! Read reviews on trust pilot for insight on how their booking system works. For example.....

for the second time with travelbag i have been told flight not available at price shown on skyscanner £22 more required i have booked the flight also on booking confirmation they quote flight is sold as agent of the airline not covered by the atol scheme not had this before in 26 trips to thailand do not feel confident in their system or their way of sales.

And another which demonstrates my point.......

Booked a flight or so I thought through their website. Received only a request acknowledgement. When I rang I found that they in fact hadn't made the booking at all and were now asking for more as the fare had gone up. Despite the fact my bank account showed that they had taken a payment, they claim it was only a pre-authorisation so I asked them to cancel it.

At this point decided to book directly with the airline but the price had gone up significantly and then suffered the double ignominy of having to then pay on my credit card because I couldn't access the money they'd pre-authorised.

On top of this they hard to get through to speak ( it took me 5 calls) and I was cut off mid way through a call.

Extremely disappointed and would never touch this company again with a barge pole.

Generally, I book with whichever of ebookers or Netflights are cheaper, or book direct with the airline.

I've also used West-East but when I had to cancel my Xmas flights it took them 7-8 weeks to give me the refund, so I won't use them again. I'd be happy to use Trailfinders but don't like having to phone.

I'd pay more to book direct with the airline if the cancellation fee was lower than through an agent - as it usually is - as I need to be able to change plans.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Don't be fooled by a clock! Read reviews on trust pilot for insight on how their booking system works. For example.....

for the second time with travelbag i have been told flight not available at price shown on skyscanner £22 more required i have booked the flight also on booking confirmation they quote flight is sold as agent of the airline not covered by the atol scheme not had this before in 26 trips to thailand do not feel confident in their system or their way of sales.

And another which demonstrates my point.......

Booked a flight or so I thought through their website. Received only a request acknowledgement. When I rang I found that they in fact hadn't made the booking at all and were now asking for more as the fare had gone up. Despite the fact my bank account showed that they had taken a payment, they claim it was only a pre-authorisation so I asked them to cancel it.

At this point decided to book directly with the airline but the price had gone up significantly and then suffered the double ignominy of having to then pay on my credit card because I couldn't access the money they'd pre-authorised.

On top of this they hard to get through to speak ( it took me 5 calls) and I was cut off mid way through a call.

Extremely disappointed and would never touch this company again with a barge pole.

I wasn't going via a search engine ??  Skyscanner in your instance ??  I was on Travelbags own booking system  ??  The Countdown clock was to complete the payment on the confirmed booking held now in Amadeus or its quite rightly released back to the system

I wasn't going via a search engine ?? Skyscanner in your instance ?? I was on Travelbags own booking system ?? The Countdown clock was to complete the payment on the confirmed booking held now in Amadeus or its quite rightly released back to the system

You can only tell how their system works if you book and pay for a flight. If its live, you would get an immediate email with qatar's booking reference that you can input into qatars website to choose your seats/meals etc. You get this with opodo.co.uk ....and thats why their prices are very similar to going to qatar airways direct.

I'd be interested to know how it went with the chap who used travelbag above and when he got his qatar code.

You can only tell how their system works if you book and pay for a flight. If its live, you would get an immediate email with qatar's booking reference that you can input into qatars website to choose your seats/meals etc. You get this with opodo.co.uk ....and thats why their prices are very similar to going to qatar airways direct.

I'd be interested to know how it went with the chap who used travelbag above and when he got his qatar code.

I've never had one agent that didnt issue the Eticket within couple hours and within that is the 6 character Airline Reference (as you say) which you can enter into Amadeus/Sabre or Airlines own system (Oman for example dont use Amadeus or Sabre)

Just came back from mums where she had yesterdays Daily mail. Travel bag clearly like to use the telephone to accept bookings judging by the number of times they splashed their number throughout the advert but also clearly says book online at Travelbag.co.uk

I have used used them no question but not recently which has been Travel Trolley and Crysta l Travel time after time as no one seems to beat their prices even if just a few quid. Travel Trolley after sales is A1 as well

Apologies for edit for deliberate gap in "Crysta l" above after it was "highlighted" before

Outrageous that somebody gains money for clicks for some gogo when we are discussing ticket agents

That is how it works with Etihad too

I've never had one agent that didnt issue the Eticket within couple hours and within that is the 6 character Airline Reference (as you say) which you can enter into Amadeus/Sabre or Airlines own system (Oman for example dont use Amadeus or Sabre)

Just came back from mums where she had yesterdays Daily mail. Travel bag clearly like to use the telephone to accept bookings judging by the number of times they splashed their number throughout the advert but also clearly says book online at Travelbag.co.uk

I have used used them no question but not recently which has been Travel Trolley and Crysta l Travel time after time as no one seems to beat their prices even if just a few quid. Travel Trolley after sales is A1 as well

Apologies for edit for deliberate gap in "Crysta l" above after it was "highlighted" before

Outrageous that somebody gains money for clicks for some gogo when we are discussing ticket agents

Thanks. Good to know. I used to use The Flight Centre and they would always beat the airlines direct by about £20 or so. But then they started quoting more than the direct airlines, so i gave up.

As you say, maybe a phonecall is the way to go if you are paranoid like me 55.

Too late now ....i've already got may and december sorted.

Thanks. Good to know. I used to use The Flight Centre and they would always beat the airlines direct by about £20 or so. But then they started quoting more than the direct airlines, so i gave up.

As you say, maybe a phonecall is the way to go if you are paranoid like me 55.

Too late now ....i've already got may and december sorted.

Too be honest if you stick to Travel Supermarket which beats Sky Scanner every time and then use Travel Trolley or Crysta l every time via TS I personally guarantee you wont find it cheaper with another agent.

Some also like airlines own website because maybe easier to change flights when required.

I booked mine at night time, so there offices would of been closed? But received an email straight away say with my booking number

Next morning receive email, with airline code ect, checked Qatar out with number and everything ok, same as every time I book with a third party, I've never booked with the airline since I've been going Thailand. As they are always about 50quid more

I booked mine at night time, so there offices would of been closed? But received an email straight away say with my booking number

Next morning receive email, with airline code ect, checked Qatar out with number and everything ok, same as every time I book with a third party, I've never booked with the airline since I've been going Thailand. As they are always about 50quid more

Cheers for confirming! Next time i'll try and save myself a few quid.

I book direct nowadays, always Emirates, U.K. / BKK, four or five times a year recently.... Got upgraded once last year and once this year (so far!!)

I reckon you have a better chance if you book direct so the £20 or £30 saving ain't worth it

I book direct nowadays, always Emirates, U.K. / BKK, four or five times a year recently.... Got upgraded once last year and once this year (so far!!)

I reckon you have a better chance if you book direct so the £20 or £30 saving ain't worth it

If they were always only different in price all the time I'd agree with you. They rarely are though. Only using last two bookings on Oman as an example the first was £94 more expensive and the upcoming one £106.

Only once ever have I found airlines cheaper and that was only £3 on Etihad and I booked it that time

Archived