Pattaya Live Streams >> Pattaya Girls Livestreaming

IGNORED

Flights so cheap Middle East Carriers

Harvey707

Thought out of interest I'd do a price check on my upcoming trip end of January for 2 months. London Bangkok out of Heathrow

Qatar £405

Gulf £408

Emirates £424

Oman £425

Etihad £432

All with standard connections.  I paid £398 but that was booked in November last. Those prices listed are with 2 weeks to go. Flights must be empty

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not necessarily empty flights, but the fuel is cheap for them. The fuel tax is a bit lower in that part of the world, and if they don't have to do a full refuel in Heathrow, they can keep the price down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought out of interest I'd do a price check on my upcoming trip end of January for 2 months. London Bangkok out of Heathrow

Qatar £405

Gulf £408

Emirates £424

Oman £425

Etihad £432

All with standard connections.  I paid £398 but that was booked in November last. Those prices listed are with 2 weeks to go. Flights must be empty

My Etihad flight for March is £475, could have got it cheaper with different flight times but I like certain flights.

I just booked a return flight today with Qatar for April.22-May.15 from Montreal to Bangkok for $615 usd. This is by far the cheapest I've paid in my 5 years and 15 trips to LoS. 

That must explain why I got so lucky today. I did an early search for flights (planning on booking them sometime in next 2 weeks) just to get a feel for the prices.

Clicked on 1 stop maximum, filtered by price (low to high), and BOOOM there it was - a return flight in mid March from Edinburgh via Doha to BKK for £350

I thought I was hallucinating, :Blur: so I double checked and in fact there a couple of different agents offering that price so it was genuine. Flying with Qatar Airways who I've flown with before so no worries there. Only downside is 2 long flights (around 7 hrs) instead of 1 real long flight from Europe but I can live with that, esp at this price.

Lowest price I've ever paid is about £450 (and often much more), so £350 is freaking amazing.  :Party3: 

So I jumped all over it, so fast in fact I used the wrong credit card so it got rejected. Disaster, I thought, by the time I try again with another card the price will be gone. But no, it was still there. :D

HAPPY DAYS. So excited about this trip now. I'm sure the money saved on the flight will be put to good use :GrinNod1:

That must explain why I got so lucky today. I did an early search for flights (planning on booking them sometime in next 2 weeks) just to get a feel for the prices.

Clicked on 1 stop maximum, filtered by price (low to high), and BOOOM there it was - a return flight in mid March from Edinburgh via Doha to BKK for £350

I thought I was hallucinating, :Blur: so I double checked and in fact there a couple of different agents offering that price so it was genuine. Flying with Qatar Airways who I've flown with before so no worries there. Only downside is 2 long flights (around 7 hrs) instead of 1 real long flight from Europe but I can live with that, esp at this price.

Lowest price I've ever paid is about £450 (and often much more), so £350 is freaking amazing.  :Party3:

So I jumped all over it, so fast in fact I used the wrong credit card so it got rejected. Disaster, I thought, by the time I try again with another card the price will be gone. But no, it was still there. :D

HAPPY DAYS. So excited about this trip now. I'm sure the money saved on the flight will be put to good use :GrinNod1:

I prefer the stop over these days.

If you get sat by an annoying person on the 1st leg at least you can get a reprieve on the next flight

Half the price of my 5 hour flight from Beijing. Fucking China

Countdown Clocks

Half the price of my 5 hour flight from Beijing. Fucking China

Taxes probably the same for a 5 hour flight from China as it is for a 15 hour one ??

Did u check what the price was with Qatar airlines themselves?

Either way a good price!..

Did u check what the price was with Qatar airlines themselves?

Either way a good price!..

I know others may disagree but only once ever have I found same flight on Airlines own website cheaper. I use Travel Supermarket which every time beats airlines own sites. (99% of time)  If you stick with Crystal Travel or Travel Trolley you'll hardly go wrong price wise. Agree that if changes are required airlines own website might be better

WTF is the matter with this Forum. This highlighting is pissing people off. I click on my Crystal comment thinking how the hell has that worked out its Crystal Travel in London and its a Go Go Club in Pattaya

You have to do your research on Travel Agents too. They can charge exhorbitant fees for processing credit cards and may not offer any protection if they go bust.

That Crystral Travel seems ok though. 2% fee for credit cards, no fee for debit cards and they are Atol protected.

I'd still prefer to book direct with an airline unless the price difference was pretty big.

You have to do your research on Travel Agents too. They can charge exhorbitant fees for processing credit cards and may not offer any protection if they go bust.

That Crystral Travel seems ok though. 2% fee for credit cards, no fee for debit cards and they are Atol protected.

I'd still prefer to book direct with an airline unless the price difference was pretty big.

I've had at least 30 Return tickets off Cr ystal Travel (deliberate gap) and around 15 off Travel Trolley

Qatar have Business Class for around £1550 from LHR to BKK on a lot of dates.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

People don't book direct with the airlines because it may be cheaper,  but because of the little chance of having any problems, compared to booking through a 3rd party agent

At least 95% of the complaints on the TA Air Forum are by people who haven't booked direct with the airline, & then ran into problems

People don't book direct with the airlines because it may be cheaper,  but because of the little chance of having any problems, compared to booking through a 3rd party agent

At least 95% of the complaints on the TA Air Forum are by people who haven't booked direct with the airline, & then ran into problems

I always book direct with Etihad

I find that Etihad are usually within a few pounds of agents. Cannot say the same for Eva, Thai or Oman where savings can be made

Personal choice I know but I'm around at 160 Round trips London Bangkok maybe few more and only on one trip I had a minor problem sorted with no issues and at least 150 of those booked with 3rd Party Agents holding ATOL

if you book with 3rd party check Amadeus/Sabre the next day to see you are confirmed all sectors. No need to have 3rd party problems

I booked my flight to BKK a few days ago, I found the price on the airlines site matched the price shown on netflights, so of course I booked via the airline, this is not always the case but I do find it is quite frequent.

I also did not book the cheapest possible  flight as that usually involves the journey being extra long, a few quid extra is not worth it taking in excess of 20 hrs , my current flight times are 14 hrs there and 15 hrs return to Manchester airport via a stop off at schiphol.

Personal choice I know but I'm around at 160 Round trips London Bangkok maybe few more and only on one trip I had a minor problem sorted with no issues and at least 150 of those booked with 3rd Party Agents holding ATOL

if you book with 3rd party check Amadeus/Sabre the next day to see you are confirmed all sectors. No need to have 3rd party problems

Now you are showing your age 

Now you are showing your age 

Yeah was a bit of milestone when I hit 100 trips and now closer to 200 !!

2 trips a year, you are looking good for your age 

Had a lot of crazy trips in the mid 90's flying Eva on a Thursday and flying home the Tuesday lunchtime. Cigs Watches Shirts everything we had  !!

In 1995 I/we did it 16 times !!   Amazingly never pulled by Customs in that era but have subsequently twice so have to be careful on the Cigs these days

Just searched using travesupermarket and they don't even show qatar flights for manchester leaving 15th Nov, returning 15th Dec.

They have emirates, turkish, klm etc .....but no qatar.

Skyscanner has all the airlines on those dates. Bit bizarre.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a lot of crazy trips in the mid 90's flying Eva on a Thursday and flying home the Tuesday lunchtime. Cigs Watches Shirts everything we had  !!

In 1995 I/we did it 16 times !!   Amazingly never pulled by Customs in that era but have subsequently twice so have to be careful on the Cigs these days

HM Customs pick on me

:Whistle:

Archived