IGNORED

Bob's BBQ - Update: Restaurant Closed Permanently Since August 2011

Millard

i was in bobs bbq in july and got chicken nuggets when they came out to me they were still frozen!! thought i would give it another go at xmas this time i ordered a burger and it came out raw!! will not be back!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've eaten there many times and Bob said he was making some recent changes. His first mistake was to take out the front window. Now its hot as hades and I prefer something with AC especially if I am eating lunch around 12noon. I still like the all-u-can-eat ribs though.

Well while it may seem as a mistake to take out the glass it was not. We still have upstairs air condition seating for 22 people. We had many complaints of people driving bye and could not tell if we were open or not due to the dark tinted glass. The other reason is we wanted to open the place up to the outside and make it feel more open all the way to the street. It has also made the place look bigger. This change has improved our alcoholic beverage sales a good bit as now we get occasional people just looking for a place to sit and watch people go bye. Or maybe they are looking at the ladies from Lolitas. Before we were cut off from the outside and people just come eat and leave which is ok, but we improved on this by opening the place up and anyone can come in, sit and have a drink or something to eat.

Bob

Bob's BBQ & Mexican Grill

http://www.bobs-bbq.com

• 3 weeks later...

Chicken fried steak!!!

Living in Pattaya racing motorcycles and drinking like a fish...

Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today

Bob! i heard a lot of good things, and not just from this forum. Expect me to come by in may ^_^

I have had the ribs a couple of times and they are awesome. I will be in Pattaya from tomorrow and will definately try the chicken fried steak since you guys recommend it. Thanks.

Used to eat at Bob's once a week.

Since he removed the Air Conditioning, never again.

I do not like to mix sweat with B-B-Q sauce.

Well while it may seem as a mistake to take out the glass it was not. We still have upstairs air condition seating for 22 people. We had many complaints of people driving bye and could not tell if we were open or not due to the dark tinted glass. The other reason is we wanted to open the place up to the outside and make it feel more open all the way to the street. It has also made the place look bigger. This change has improved our alcoholic beverage sales a good bit as now we get occasional people just looking for a place to sit and watch people go bye. Or maybe they are looking at the ladies from Lolitas. Before we were cut off from the outside and people just come eat and leave which is ok, but we improved on this by opening the place up and anyone can come in, sit and have a drink or something to eat.

Thanks for the update, now I will be able to BG watch and/or go upstairs to the AC cooled room to eat. Up to ME :12:

Mark

As a side note on the fries that I saw on a pic some one posted, would be perfect for me. Just a thought offer a small portion of FF, and a large portion for the punters that want it.

For me a 1/2 LB burger with a small portion of FF is perfect. Most of the time here in the USA I leave a lot of fries un-eaten.

Just my $.02

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

• 2 weeks later...

The chicken fried steak - sorry im a chef from the UK - is it similar to chicken milanese / chicken breast butterflied- flour - egg- bredcrumb then panfried ? (sueeze of fresh lemon ;-) )

I'm looking forward to trying this place out in July. I'm from a small town in East Texas and our oldest independent BBQ joint is called Bob's BBQ of all things.

I love to eat local food most of the time but I'm sure that after roaming around China for 5 weeks, I'll be damn ready for Texas BBQ.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to trying this place out in July. I'm from a small town in East Texas and our oldest independent BBQ joint is called Bob's BBQ of all things.

I love to eat local food most of the time but I'm sure that after roaming around China for 5 weeks, I'll be damn ready for Texas BBQ.

Look forward to seeing you. Bob

Bob

Used to eat at Bob's once a week.

Since he removed the Air Conditioning, never again.

I do not like to mix sweat with B-B-Q sauce.

Good news for you then, we have put the glass back in. :GoldenSmile1:

Bob

• 1 month later...

Air con or not....if the BBQ is good I'll stay and eat. Looking forward to seeing you in September Bob.

Great Texas BBQ and great people. I was very happy when I found real back home barbeque in my favorite vacation spot. I have the best two worlds. I usually eat there 2 -3 times a week, sometimes more. The ribs are my favorite.

I'll drop in as well when I'm over there in September. Never had texas ribs so will try them out :):001_Thank_You5:

• 3 months later...

We ate there last night, each of us had the 199baht baby ribs specials. Great value

The tortilla and guacomole was decent however the guacamole was a bit bland, maybe thats the Texas way

The best dish is the BBQ Brisket. He made it for the business aniversery in July, and it was my favorite. Also the pickles for the burger have a little jalepeno pepper added, very nice touch.

Briskett if available, and the pickles.

More COWBELL!

• 2 weeks later...

I loved Bob's BBQ last time I was in Pattaya. The Burgers where great, loved the mashed potatoes, and the chicken fried steak is big enough to beat someone with. Bob is almost always around and the service staff is on point if you have questions.

Only problem I had was Fox News is on inside at all times.

You have to be careful with Fox... that stuff will rot your brain.

:Chokdee:

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven't noticed from my TR,,, Bob's is my SECOND favourite haunt after DD.

The chicken strips with some sort of secret sauce at Bob's and the prawns (Shrimp for you Yanks :P ) are excellent.

The burgers are OUTSTANDING! 2nd best in the world.

Sorry Bob.

As much as I love your burgers... I was on a contract deep in south east Queensland and ran across a burger that just edged you out

It's in Tara about 225 miles west of Toowoomba,,, Google Maps it. :)

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

• 4 weeks later...

Bobs is open. Under new ownership. I ate there many times during my trip. They have a special 99 baht menu in the afternoon. Hamburger w/ fries, Pulled pork sandwich (which i loved), tacos, and some other items on the 99 baht menu.

The new owner Dale, introduced himself to me when I ate there the first time, and always said hello on my follow up trips. I never ate there when Bob was the owner so I cant compare the food to what it was like before, but the food I had there the last 2 weeks was great and I would assume that its the same menu/recipes as before. Would defintely recommend eating there if you havent before.

Archived