IGNORED

Bob's BBQ - Update: Restaurant Closed Permanently Since August 2011

Millard

i will have to try this place again. I had searched it out when it was on South Pattaya Rd in june 07...had the burger, it was ok but nothing special and i thought the menu was pricey for pattaya...service was bad as well.

So, when i saw it on the way over to Hell Club this past june (didnt know it had moved) i just walked on by and didnt give it a second chance even though i walked past at least 10 times over the month.

I do like a good chicken fried steak platter w/potatoes and gravy...so I will give it one more try later this month...then post again.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello to all and thank you for the good and bad comments. First and foremost remember we try to make our food American and even further Texas style. So what appeals to one does not always appeal to another especially Europeans. We do use soft sweet rolls in which we are praised for by most Americans but they will not be to the liking of some Europeans as they are more used to non sweet and more firm crusty bread.

Again thanks and hope to see you at Bob's

PS the ant problem has been resolved. They are hard buggers to get rid of.

Bob

Bob's BBQ & Mexican Grill

http://www.bobs-bbq.com

Last time I was there, I had ants on my table as well. I just kept them swatted away from my plate. I like the ribs there, but haven't been thrilled with their burgers. I do like the place and will have to try the chicken fried steak on my next trip.

The ants like the ribs too.

DONT BROWN IT............CROWN IT..!

The only thing I have ever tried was the Wagon Wheel... I'll see acka in about 10 days time for a full review, LOL..

Hello to all and thank you for the good and bad comments. First and foremost remember we try to make our food American and even further Texas style. So what appeals to one does not always appeal to another especially Europeans. We do use soft sweet rolls in which we are praised for by most Americans but they will not be to the liking of some Europeans as they are more used to non sweet and more firm crusty bread.

Again thanks and hope to see you at Bob's

PS the ant problem has been resolved. They are hard buggers to get rid of.

Hey Bob keep doing what you do man ya'll do it well. The food is great and the place is always kept clean and cool when I have been there. Love the service.

I am from Houston Texas and to tell you I work in Afghanistan and to be away from home for months at a time and to go to Thailand get some of your food for me it is about as good as it gets. Makes me feel at home bro let me tell you. Yes the food is not made by tops chef or the place is not a high end NYC joint and all glamorous but it sure makes you feel confortable and welcome. The food is great and the coronas are cold. Hell yeah!! The best salsa you will find in Thailand I promise you that.

Becareful, The toes you step on today might be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow... Arriba Arriba Cabrones!!!

I think theres another BM on here that deals with getting rid of the little beasts, maybe u should pm him to get some bottles of the stuff IMO

• 2 months later...

went there a couple of nights ago and they had run out of fries, they forgot to mention to me so it was burgers and potato salad- not what the tastebuds were looking forward to but did the job. Guy at the other table was told they had no fries so ordered some mexican dish and was then told they had no cheese- he was an unhappy punter so he upped and went.

The bit I couldnt get was if you are in the newspaper business you make sure you have paper, if you are in the burger and chips business running out of chips is a bit of a no no. hopefully a one off as the burgers are great

went there a couple of nights ago and they had run out of fries, they forgot to mention to me so it was burgers and potato salad- not what the tastebuds were looking forward to but did the job. Guy at the other table was told they had no fries so ordered some mexican dish and was then told they had no cheese- he was an unhappy punter so he upped and went.

The bit I couldnt get was if you are in the newspaper business you make sure you have paper, if you are in the burger and chips business running out of chips is a bit of a no no. hopefully a one off as the burgers are great

When I was in town in December, they'd often run out of jalapeno poppers, sometimes early in the day. I've never been to another restaurant where they'd run out of stuff so often. The positive is you know the stuff is fresh.

I like the ribs, with corn on the cob and cole slaw on the side.

Evil

I'm with you. went back twice last month for the full order of ribs plus the bloomin onion

I didnt know burger king served nachos :22600584-Th:

I actually enjoy the range of food in LOS , you can pretty much get any type of food you want and whilst thai food is great its also nice to switch it up sometimes :22600584-Th:

• 1 month later...
Hey Bob keep doing what you do man ya'll do it well. The food is great and the place is always kept clean and cool when I have been there. Love the service.

I am from Houston Texas and to tell you I work in Afghanistan and to be away from home for months at a time and to go to Thailand get some of your food for me it is about as good as it gets. Makes me feel at home bro let me tell you. Yes the food is not made by tops chef or the place is not a high end NYC joint and all glamorous but it sure makes you feel confortable and welcome. The food is great and the coronas are cold. Hell yeah!! The best salsa you will find in Thailand I promise you that.

I am also from Houston, working in Iraq (based on this quote, "Becareful, The toes you step on today might be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow", probably the same company...). I will definitely hit this place in May. I miss TX BBQ and Chicken Fried Steak!!! DFAC food just doesn't cut it.

• 1 month later...

I used to like Bob's Restaurant, but unfortunately it's become a little too authentic, too much like Texas. Apparently Bob wants to share his political beliefs, so he's put in a big screen television with Fox News blaring out of it. I've walked out of restaurants in Texas because I did not want to listen to that crap while I was eating, and now I've had a similar experience in Thailand. GET RID OF THE TV BOB, OR AT LEAST PUT SOMETHING ON THAT'S NOT OFFENSIVE TO THINKING PEOPLE!

It used to be my favorite place to go, after working overseas and coming to Pattaya i wanted some Texas food. The food is good, no doubt. But it became a 'No Hab' place the last few times i visited. I understand certain things may not always be available in Thailand, such as fresh avocados for guacamole or even Jalapenos . But to run out of french fries(chips) or cheese at this type of place is unbelievable. Even if they get busy and are about to run out of the core items just go to Friendship or Tops which are 5-10 minutes away by motorcycle and buy some more until the usual distribution channel can restock.

Now I go to Mike's Mexican or for a burger the counter at Top's on Second Road.

I used to like Bob's Restaurant, but unfortunately it's become a little too authentic, too much like Texas. Apparently Bob wants to share his political beliefs, so he's put in a big screen television with Fox News blaring out of it. I've walked out of restaurants in Texas because I did not want to listen to that crap while I was eating, and now I've had a similar experience in Thailand. GET RID OF THE TV BOB, OR AT LEAST PUT SOMETHING ON THAT'S NOT OFFENSIVE TO THINKING PEOPLE!

duh, i think i get wut yaall arh sayun.

folks whoo like fox news r dum dums.

that's what i am looking for on a pattaya forum, American political discussions (not)

U.S. politics is one of the reasons that I'm

moving to Thailand. I just want to get away

from it all. I don't want to sit at Bob's and listen

to Fox News, MSNBC, or any of the other ones.

Thanks for the tip. I'll go to Bob's when he

decides to play music.

U.S. politics is one of the reasons that I'm

moving to Thailand. I just want to get away

from it all. I don't want to sit at Bob's and listen

to Fox News, MSNBC, or any of the other ones.

Thanks for the tip. I'll go to Bob's when he

decides to play music.

I think you guys are making too big of a deal about what is playing on the TV. Does it really bother you so much? How about the food and service? What if they played country music, would you also complain?

been there a few times in Nov/Dec and the quality was quite good.

when you order a burger the chips portion's is very small, it's maybe american style, i don't know...

i loved the young waitress with dark skin farm fresh style, loved so much... i dream of her sometimes...

YES, IT DOES BOTHER ME THAT MUCH!

sounds like a good reason to not go then. By the way it is a 'Texas' restaurant so what do you expect

I find their food to be 'Fair and Balanced'. Conservative prices and Liberal amounts of food.

Say what you want, but as Americans, we

are subjected to politics from the time that we

are born. It is on the radio, it is on the t.v., it

is in the newspapers, and it is the topic of conversations.

After having this jammed down my throat my whole life,

all that I'm asking for is a break. The laid back lifestyle

of Thailand is a big plus. Also the girls and the weather

is right up there. I don't want to hear or read about American

politics for months. All that I want to do is enjoy my new country.

when you order a burger the chips portion's is very small, it's maybe american style, i don't know...

Tell them you want to do the burger challenge. You will get a very large portion of chips.

When you see the size of many Americans you can guess this is not American style.

• 2 weeks later...

Look Fox news is about the only thing in Thailand where you can get any news of happenings in the US. I don't get in to political discussions and in fact if I had voted it would have been Democrat. I don't like Fox news and in fact a lot of the things I hate, but it is still the best source of US news. If the TV or anything else bothers you be a Texan open your mouth and say something. You will be amazed at what can happen. I'm more than happy to change the channel or even turn off the TV for a guest. The bottom line is you can't please everyone all the time. If it was Soccer on the TV then people would complain etc. Customer is King so whatever he want I will try to accommodate.

Bob

Bob's BBQ & Mexican Grill

http://www.bobs-bbq.com

Look Fox news is about the only thing in Thailand where you can get any news of happenings in the US. I don't get in to political discussions and in fact if I had voted it would have been Democrat. I don't like Fox news and in fact a lot of the things I hate, but it is still the best source of US news. If the TV or anything else bothers you be a Texan open your mouth and say something. You will be amazed at what can happen. I'm more than happy to change the channel or even turn off the TV for a guest. The bottom line is you can't please everyone all the time. If it was Soccer on the TV then people would complain etc. Customer is King so whatever he want I will try to accommodate.

after seeing the views of the people on this thread i have a kind suggestion. Most people have a TV in their room in Pattaya. Since you always mention 'Texas' have you ever seen a TV blaring in a Texas BBQ joint? Not common.

Play some country music and get off your ass off the same bar stool and improve the service and food replenishment planning. As you know if you were in Houston you would be out of business in 1 month

Archived