IGNORED

Retox Breakfast Challenge is BACK win 5000 baht

Retox Sports Bar and Hotel

I've seen plenty of photo's of people attempting it, but AFAIK nobody ever finished it, except when they'd put the remains in doggy bags.

The bread is clearly there to stop even the biggest eaters.

Maybe there's a contest pro' out there in US?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen plenty of photo's of people attempting it, but AFAIK nobody ever finished it, except when they'd put the remains in doggy bags.

The bread is clearly there to stop even the biggest eaters.

Maybe there's a contest pro' out there in US?

There's plenty of competitive eating pro's out there...one of the best of all-time is a skinny Japanese guy.

I've completed a couple of challenges (1.2 kg steak & fries, burger challenge) but this was several years ago before many places have made it ridiculous by having to complete it in 15-20 minutes.

You're right, all that bread (esp the fried bread) is a no-go for me.

Great idea Simon, most people would not be able to finish it but I have seen people put away large volumes of food before.

Anyone that bombs the contest, just because they can't do it, should shut up and not bother commenting.

I have seen photo's of people winning previous contests.

Retox has no smoking signs all over the bar. When there are drinkers (anytime), they can smoke under the eyes of the owner inside the bar. I eat elsewhere when I see that.

For 1500 baht can i forgo the food and take the girl instead?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I wonder how many posts somebody needs to have made, before they're allowed to post their own perfectly valid opinion on a subject  ?

I wonder how many posts somebody needs to have made, before they're allowed to post their own perfectly valid opinion on a subject  ?

876   :GoldenSmile1:

Just stating the facts:

There are multiple No Smoking signs around the restaurant although if anyone wishes to smoke, the No Smoking "policy" will be overlooked by the owner.

To be fair, and I am not sure you are aware, but almost every establishment in Pattaya that I've been to that has "No smoking" signs also has ashtrays on the tables. It's just how they roll here.

To be fair, and I am not sure you are aware, but almost every establishment in Pattaya that I've been to that has "No smoking" signs also has ashtrays on the tables. It's just how they roll here.

I get it that the owner won't turn away a mob of drinkers who want to smoke. I now understand that the policy can be changed at any time regardless of anyone else's feelings.

post-151409-0-44245800-1444073253_thumb.jpg

To get this back on thread  :Evil_Grin2:  The challenge is out there, has anyone ever done it? I have no idea, personally I do not think it is purely the bread but more the time limit. If 1.5 hours I know of a couple of lads that would want to give it a try and I would sponsor them, providing I could video it  :Hello1:

Throw in 2 Sam Migs (lime optional), and I will attempt this challenge at least once on my next trip to Pattaya!

I find the normal baht buster a good fill. That would put me in a coffin.  :GoldenSmile1:

I came, I saw, I mongered!

It would be more reasonable without the bread. The bread alone would stuff most people

Countdown Clocks

Absolutely not!  :Puke2:  Its got the devils fruit on it. :68:

Now get rid of the tomatoes and I might give it a crack 

:GrinNod1:

Never heard baked beans called the Devils Fruit before!  Good call!

To get this back on thread  :Evil_Grin2:  The challenge is out there, has anyone ever done it? I have no idea, personally I do not think it is purely the bread but more the time limit. If 1.5 hours I know of a couple of lads that would want to give it a try and I would sponsor them, providing I could video it  :Hello1:

Why don't you give it ago or your large manager?

Great idea Simon, most people would not be able to finish it but I have seen people put away large volumes of food before.

Anyone that bombs the contest, just because they can't do it, should shut up and not bother commenting.

I have seen photo's of people winning previous contests.

And pay an extra 800B?

Can one take a trip to the toilet in between?

For what ?

vomit.gif

Why don't you give it ago or your large manager?

Simply because I cannot finish the standard one  :Evil_Grin2:  However I did make a suggestion which you have seized and jumped aboard. So, how about you paying half the cost and 3 of the guys from the Den will give it a go at the same time and same table if they have one big enough.  :Hello1: Nope but I will video it and post to Utube and face-book  :Clap1:

very pleased to hear it ,brekkie coming up

I

Simply because I cannot finish the standard one  :Evil_Grin2:  However I did make a suggestion which you have seized and jumped aboard. So, how about you paying half the cost and 3 of the guys from the Den will give it a go at the same time and same table if they have one big enough.  :Hello1: Nope but I will video it and post to Utube and face-book  :Clap1:

Id be tempted to bank roll half the costs but would need a bit more info on these 3 guys (experience etc)

And assuming if they lost it would be 50% of (1500 x 3), likewise if they won it would be 7500 for me

I

Id be tempted to bank roll half the costs but would need a bit more info on these 3 guys (experience etc)

And assuming if they lost it would be 50% of (1500 x 3), likewise if they won it would be 7500 for me

Mate they are desperate to give it a go, two are over 300 lbs. The American was a linebacker back in college and the German is somewhat of an eating machine, the Thai is smaller but more confident than the other two. I am of the opinion that it cannot be done, just to much bread for that time restriction. Not so much the amount but its difficult to get down quickly. Now Retox if you're reading this great advertising opportunity here, so how about one of 3.

1. Give an extra 15 minutes

2. Cut the price for this one opportunity to 1,000 Baht a breakfast

3. Remove 3 half slices of fried bread and 3 half slices of toast

In return if any are successful they will throw 1,500 Baht of the 5k prize back behind the bar (so that's 4,500 free bar if they all do it)

Mate they are desperate to give it a go, two are over 300 lbs. The American was a linebacker back in college and the German is somewhat of an eating machine, the Thai is smaller but more confident than the other two. I am of the opinion that it cannot be done, just to much bread for that time restriction. Not so much the amount but its difficult to get down quickly. Now Retox if you're reading this great advertising opportunity here, so how about one of 3.

1. Give an extra 15 minutes

2. Cut the price for this one opportunity to 1,000 Baht a breakfast

3. Remove 3 half slices of fried bread and 3 half slices of toast

In return if any are successful they will throw 1,500 Baht of the 5k prize back behind the bar (so that's 4,500 free bar if they all do it)

You forgot to include the Black Forest gateau or its just too easy peasy

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Archived