Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

UEFA Champions League 2015-16, final in San Siro Milan

Mick Pattaya

All Madrid final?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If BM can get their defenders back healthy and in form, they should win as they can penetrate a "park the bus" better than anyone right now.  RM's form is really trending up so they should win the tie comfortably.  BM vs RM would be sexy.

Barca vs BM would have been better, alas.  

• 2 weeks later...

Man City take on RM tonight, their first ever semifinal at UEFA CL. Interesting to see if CR7 plays & how City's slow defenders tackle him. Alternately, the RM defense is a leaky one too so Aguero should find enough chances.

Pellegrini was dismissed as RM manager so he should have some grudges.  

................................................................................................................

No CR7 on squad list: failed pregame fitness test.  Should be James up front in his stead, but I'm betting Zidane goes with Jese.  

City only drew at home to Real Madrid 0-0 , I still think City still have a good chance in the second leg match , the good thing that city have is Real Madrid did not score any , any draw than a 0-0 will be enough for City . Not over yet by the long chalk.

Did City even have any good scoring ops?  Not really, and at home.  Next week assuming CR7 back.  RM should win comfortably 2-0.  Aguero/DeBruyne/Silva really didn't threaten RM's mediocre defense.

Disappointing game.  Both teams were sloppy and uninspired.

Now today's game,  that was a proper display of UCL.  Just have to think that Athletico having to play Barca, RM, Villarreal, Sevilla multiple times a year depending on cup games just makes them so strong.  They almost won UCL 2 years ago:  2 minutes away.

BM's defense looks vulnerable so not sure they can keep a clean sheet in Munich.  Have to give edge to AM.

Looks like AM/RM rematch.

ATM has this uncanny ability to influence the oppositions playing style with their own scrappy playing system. Be it Barca or Bayern, they do not allow these teams to play their normal flowing style.

Last night Bayern was forced to play the long ball style, a complete antithesis to Pep's footballing philosophy.

................................................................................................................

Glad the penalty was saved , it was a soft foul , we see like this in every corner kick in the Premiership and not given a penalty .

Simone is a mentalist. Love him!

1-2 .... Bayern need two goals to win a place n the final ,,. Impossible task ,,

Madrid through to the final , awaiting for tomorrow's other semi final winners. Could be a Madrid derby . Today's result proves the away goals very essential . So city might have a better chance than RM .

Glad the penalty was saved , it was a soft foul , we see like this in every corner kick in the Premiership and not given a penalty .

Those should be called.  The amount of holding inside the box is scandalous in EPL

Madrid through to the final , awaiting for tomorrow's other semi final winners. Could be a Madrid derby . Today's result proves the away goals very essential . So city might have a better chance than RM .

Pep's biggest mistake, sitting Mueller at the start of first game.  No idea what he was thinking.

Real Madrid is one up to City , will be a very entertaining opening football because City can't afford to play deep behnd the ball ,

I really hope Bale doesn't get injured before Euro2016! We have a chance with him.

Kompany has become as fragile as some BM's egos :-)

Real could win this by 3 or 4.

When was the last time a team had 3 different Captains in a CL Semi-final?

An all Madrid final .... City were not good enough , Aguero almost scored the equaliser in the dying minute . Fernandinho hit the post earlier on ..

Can't believe how apathetic City looked last night. Get out. 

San Siro San Siro you're not going

San Siro San Siro I say

San Siro San Siro you're not going 

So you better change your plans for May

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

City looked insipid, don't think they had much belief to start with & with Kompany's injury they threw in the towel. At times, it looked they just didn't want to be in a contest.

A repeat of 2014's final, ATL Madrid would be pining to exact revenge.

City looked insipid, don't think they had much belief to start with & with Kompany's injury they threw in the towel. At times, it looked they just didn't want to be in a contest.

A repeat of 2014's final, ATL Madrid would be pining to exact revenge.

I really couldn't believe the lack of passion the City players showed last night in what was effectively the biggest game in the club's history. I can't say I was surprised though, if anything I think they showed last night that they have a squad of players that care more about the salaries they earn and not about the badge on the front of their shirt.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

If you think a team that got to the semi-finals of UCL doesn't care, think you are deluding yourself.  This has been their MO the entire year.  They destroy minnows and struggle against decent+ teams.  It was a shame as RM was vulnerable that day with no Casemiro or Benzema.  

Pellegrini underachieved at RM and underachieved at MC.  1 league title and 2 LCs in a decidedly mediocre EPL is a failure with the pounds spent by that club.  To me, the symbol of his failure was that Yaya was a co-captain.  How can you elevate a midfielder who doesn't track back on defense anymore.  Just sends a horrible signal of "no accountability" to the entire team.  

If a team has horribly immoral players that don't give full effort, its on the manager to correct it or get them out.  If its tolerated, its on the manager.  One thing you can say about Pep,  if you don't work hard for him, you're gone yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...

Without Ronaldo in the final,chances are much smaller

for Real to win....

www.cbssports.com:

Hopefully for them,he will recover just in time.

Without Ronaldo in the final,chances are much smaller

for Real to win....

www.cbssports.com:

Hopefully for them,he will recover just in time.

He assured the fans he'll recover in time.

When Athletico drew Bayern in the semi's I had a feeling they would go onto lift the cup.

But I wont be disappointed whoever wins now.  Just hope its a good game.  Always want to see Bale play well and convince the world Madrid never made a mistake shelling out all those millions for him.

Maybe put a bet on for Ramos to get the first yellow card.  He rarely disappoints!

Can't wait for the final , could be last appearance for Ronaldo before he possibly depart for PSG or United . :)

Archived