IGNORED

Sunday Roast Suggestions

Casuals on the darkside last Sunday  was ok but too damn big. And no peas or beans with lamb. Never understand the obsession with yorkshire puddings. They go in the bin with me. 245 baht for lamb. 

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll put forward the carvery in robins nest too, wetherspoons also nice

Queen Vic sunday carvery is very good .  Good choice of meats .     i think about 400 bt if i remember right .

Mikeyboy

punch and judy soi8 theprasit

roasts around 300 baht

trio is great lamb,pork and beef 320 baht

its opposite the caddyshack

any holes a goal

Sportsman soi 13 best so far for me .Diceys next to the Marriott aint bad either i

Kinarree by far. Went last Sunday for the first time, well for food that is :). All you can eat 350 baht. Free if you spend over 600 baht. Roast lamb, beef and pork. All done perfectly. 

When in town I usually hit the Sunday carvery at Robin's Nest. When you're done with the buffet, they give you some ice cream, which is nice when it's hot out.

For any of the Sunday carveries or dinners, get there as early as possible. The difference in quality (and sometimes even quantity) can vary hugely depending on how long the food has been standing. Not many restaurants in Pattaya are equipped to keep food fresh and warm for several hours. There's a big risk the meat will be overcooked or dry if you get there late in the day. If serving starts at noon or 1 p.m., make sure that's the time you are there.

My personal favorite would be the Sunday carvery at Dicey Reilly's for 350 baht. It's well-done and extensive, including salads, sides and desserts. The vegetables aren't overcooked, but opinions differ on how soft boiled cauliflower, carrots should be. I also like Dicey's because they feature turkey in addition to beef, pork and lamb, and I'm a big fan of roast turkey.

I've had very good Sunday fixed plate dinners at Nicky's and Punch & Judy, although P & J can be inconsistent. Valley View out Banchang way has an excellent Sunday dinner, but it is a long haul in what can be heavy traffic. A lot of people raved about the Sunday dinners VooDoo in Jomtien offered every other week, but I don't know if they still do Sunday dinners. My one Sunday dinner at VooDoo was disappointing.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

I just had the Sunday car very at robins nest, got there at 5pm. All they had left were the dregs in the trays, not sure what it was like earlier but they should not be offering the carvery when some of the dishes have run out and they are not topping the food up.

I just had the Sunday car very at robins nest, got there at 5pm. All they had left were the dregs in the trays, not sure what it was like earlier but they should not be offering the carvery when some of the dishes have run out and they are not topping the food up.

Strange, I have had the carvery as late as 9pm and still loads left.

I've seen bins run out while I was eating and they refill them shortly. Strange that they all ran out about the same time during your visit.

best roasts at the cheapest price i have ever had are in ,soi new plaza,sorry cannot remember name,its soi 2 end lot of golfers go there,choice of,pork, roast beef,roast chicken or lamb 1 only served with all the trimmings from just 150baht,i always ask for more roast pots,and a extra yorkshire,they only charge me a few baht more.my last trip i ate there more than anywhere else.

both robin nests are ok,nickys is also quite good,there are loads of places that do quite decent roast in pattaya

I'm a fan of Sportsman, too, but will try to check out Dicey Reilly's on my next trip (since Evil P is ALWAYS a source of great "food intel"!)

I freakin' LOVE Sunday roasts!  Growing up, my Grandmother (from England) would cook Yorkshire pudding on holidays and "special" occasions (not every Sunday).  It's a hard item to find in the U.S., and it takes me back to my childhood whenever I get the chance to eat it.

Here's a photo that I took at Sportsman a few years back -- it has remained consistent over the years (only reason I knew it was a few years old was the date on the file)

Sunday Roast.jpg

I freakin' LOVE Sunday roasts!  Growing up, my Grandmother (from England) would cook Yorkshire pudding on holidays and "special" occasions (not every Sunday).  It's a hard item to find in the U.S., and it takes me back to my childhood whenever I get the chance to eat it.

The first time I had it in Pattaya I kept looking at my plate, wondering where the pudding was.   :Think1:

I had to google Yorkshire Pudding to find out. Since I liked it, when I got home I looked up a recipe. Turns out to be a simple recipe and quite easy to make. Leftover ones I later put some jam inside and reheat for a dessert.

Anyone up for a Sunday roast, today?

Big Mike.

Gonna try Sportsman's around 2pm.

Big Mike.

I updated my review of the Sunday carvery of Dicey Reilly's here: It now costs 399 baht.

IMG_6096.jpg

IMG_6095.jpg

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

The little wonder has a new thai lady owner (she lived and worked in London for many years)and the roast dinner is actually quite nice.

The lamb is actually quite tender and not chewy(can't remember the price)also the other couple of dishes I ate there was quite nice.

Nice lady and worth a look.

I updated my review of the Sunday carvery of Dicey Reilly's here: It now costs 399 baht.

attachicon.gifIMG_6096.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_6095.jpg

Evil

Great review Evil. I really enjoy your posts and will be checking out your recommendations when I am back in town (later this week - yay!)

Speaking of: I really love Lamb. Which Sunday Carver that serves Lamb would you recommend? It would be ideal if the place had Thai food too. Just to keep my girl happy as I woof down the farang food. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Had the Sunday buffet at the sportsman recently and it still looked exactly like footy's photo. Gravy tasted a bit weird but rest was good. Yorkshire pudding was light and fluffy, 2 choices of beef - well done and med rare, med rare was good. There was lamb available but not on the carvery itself - was available on request, I didn't try it however

• 2 weeks later...

Maggs restaurant on Thepprasit Rd do a Sunday lunch too, bit of a hidden gem this place and not cheap but well worth a visit anytime.

I think Maggs have stopped doing Sunday Roast in the afternoon but still on every night, their Pork is awesome.

I just got back from the Sunday roast at Punch and Judy. The place is a little out of the way and cost me an 80 baht ride back and forth form my condo in central Pattaya.

I ordered the Trio but I asked to be served  just Lamb and Beef. They were nice enough to oblige without cutting back n the portion, which was very generous.

The meat was good, succulent and juicy, but a little over cooked IMHO. I like my roasts to show a little pink (kind of like my girls. LOL) 

It also came smothered in gravy. I should have told them gravy only on the side.

The sides were very good. Amazing mashed potatoes, very good sage stuffing, fluffy Yorkshire pudding, and a good amount of crisp vegetables. The gravy was also very good. Absolutely delicious after I spiced it up with a little Worcester and pepper.

I also ordered a draft Heineken which tasted great. These guys know how to do draft beer, which is not the case in many places n Pattaya.

Total Damage 400 Baht. Great value for very good food. Not sure if I'll repeat as I think I will try the carver at Dicey Reileys' next (where I hear the meat is not as well done and the roast beef is left a little pink). Also the place is a little out of the way if you don't have your own transportation. 

DSCF1900.JPG

DSCF1899.JPG

I just got back from the Sunday roast at Punch and Judy. The place is a little out of the way and cost me an 80 baht ride back and forth form my condo in central Pattaya.

I ordered the Trio but I asked to be served  just Lamb and Beef. They were nice enough to oblige without cutting back n the portion, which was very generous.

The meat was good, succulent and juicy, but a little over cooked IMHO. I like my roasts to show a little pink (kind of like my girls. LOL) 

It also came smothered in gravy. I should have told them gravy only on the side.

The sides were very good. Amazing mashed potatoes, very good sage stuffing, fluffy Yorkshire pudding, and a good amount of crisp vegetables. The gravy was also very good. Absolutely delicious after I spiced it up with a little Worcester and pepper.

I also ordered a draft Heineken which tasted great. These guys know how to do draft beer, which is not the case in many places n Pattaya.

Total Damage 400 Baht. Great value for very good food. Not sure if I'll repeat as I think I will try the carver at Dicey Reileys' next (where I hear the meat is not as well done and the roast beef is left a little pink). Also the place is a little out of the way if you don't have your own transportation.

Nice review

The beef at Diceys is normally served just off medium so pinkish

Normally have Turkey as a meat choice

Kinarree by far. Went last Sunday for the first time, well for food that is :). All you can eat 350 baht. Free if you spend over 600 baht. Roast lamb, beef and pork. All done perfectly. 

I was there a few weeks ago and I agree 100% you can actually taste the butter in the mash and the scenery is pretty spectacular too...

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Archived