IGNORED

Sunday Roast Suggestions

The little wonder has a new thai lady owner (she lived and worked in London for many years)and the roast dinner is actually quite nice.

The lamb is actually quite tender and not chewy(can't remember the price)also the other couple of dishes I ate there was quite nice.

Nice lady and worth a look.

haha yeah i had breakfast here last month lovely lady... obv bit old for me but nice to have a chat with.. her kids live in london

punch and judy is great.. nice to have the feel of an english pub while having sunday roast

if you're on the darkside and want to save some pennies chilli bar or chill bar (ive been there about 50+ times and still can't remember the exact name) has an amazing roast for 120 i think it is.. best value ive seen in patts

the daily specials are pretty special as well (the stew and shephards pie stand out)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to Robin's Nest on Soi Diana in December. It was pretty good, 250 baht & runs from noon until 9pm.

Big Mike.

it used to be very good years ago but it has deteriorated dramatically over the years.the meat is not carved from joints anymore just sliced wafer thin maybe on a meat slicer? and kept lukewarm in trays of water.not good

it used to be very good years ago but it has deteriorated dramatically over the years.the meat is not carved from joints anymore just sliced wafer thin maybe on a meat slicer? and kept lukewarm in trays of water.not good

Since the New owners about 18 months ago (same owners as sportman soi13)

Took over the prices have gone up and the quality of the meals served has gone down big time

To maximise profits

Used to be a regular when Robin owned the place not anymore

Kinarree by far. Went last Sunday for the first time, well for food that is :). All you can eat 350 baht. Free if you spend over 600 baht. Roast lamb, beef and pork. All done perfectly. 

Damn! I wish I had seen your post. But I will try it next time I am in town. What time should one get there to really take advantage of the buffet?

I took a buddy to Nicky's on Buakhoaw, he has been searching for a good Sunday lunch, his and mine opinions were that it was great, he had the lamb (which the owner assured us was New Zealand) my mates comment on the whole dinner was the most delicious by far that he has found, I had the mixed lunch, a combination of beef, lamb and pork, all the meats were delicious, the veggies were cooked to my liking, roast potatoes were brown and crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, mash was creamy and buttery and the Yorkshire finished it all off brilliantly.

It's a set plate, but with a lot of food on it.

I would highly recommend it.

Kinnarees next week  :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

I took a buddy to Nicky's on Buakhoaw, he has been searching for a good Sunday lunch, his and mine opinions were that it was great, he had the lamb (which the owner assured us was New Zealand) my mates comment on the whole dinner was the most delicious by far that he has found, I had the mixed lunch, a combination of beef, lamb and pork, all the meats were delicious, the veggies were cooked to my liking, roast potatoes were brown and crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, mash was creamy and buttery and the Yorkshire finished it all off brilliantly.

It's a set plate, but with a lot of food on it.

I would highly recommend it.

Kinnarees next week  :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers

Alan.

Totally agree Nicky,s does one of the best Sunday roasts in Patts with out a doubt

++ the vegetables are not over cooked like most of the other roast dinner offerings in Patts

Archived