IGNORED

Best burgers 2015?

the chips in photos are the cheapest crap u can find in supermarket

u can find more quality frozen potatoes easliy in big c 

u must be a potato farmer in farangland to come up with that from a photo

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best burger I ever tasted was hard rock in Vegas. I'm hoping the ones in patts hard rock are just as good.

Best burger I ever tasted was hard rock in Vegas. I'm hoping the ones in patts hard rock are just as good.

They are good.  And expensive.

They are good. And expensive.

Sometimes you've just got to spoil yaself!

Sometimes you've just got to spoil yaself!

I agree.  Just saying for those on a budget.  They are expensive by western standards.   I think they are the best burger/fries combo in Pattaya.

I didn't think the Hard Rock burger was that good....The bun was like a yellow sugar cake.

I tried the Aussie Burger bar in Rompo Beer Plaza Jomtien last week. While very convenient as they will deliver direct to the Bar regrettably I not very impressed with it. Was raw in middle and add-ons were 3rd rate quality. E.G. brown slimy lettuce.  It was early and I think I was one of their first customers of the shift. I just got the impression they were using up old supplies. Sorry but that how it appeared and tasted to me. Shame really.

One in the box and just lost one to a seal next to the boat.Faaark.

Springs.You guys down there call them King Salmon.

That picture makes me homesick. I hear it's a killer summer up there. 

Those in the know equate Spring and King Salmon. I spent a few seasons in the commercial salmon fishery. Whenever a salmon was saved to feed the crew it was most likely a King, 2nd choice a Silver. Both excellent fish as is the one you caught. My favorite is a "shiny as a new dime" salt water caught Alaskan Sockeye.  :)

Pum Pui's on Soi Siam Country Club does a very good bacon cheeseburger

I didn't think the Hard Rock burger was that good....The bun was like a yellow sugar cake.

If ya look again mate I said the burgers in hard rock in Vegas were the best I'd tasted, I'm hoping the ones in patts are of the same standard. I've had the ones in hard rock in Manchester and they were just above average so it is probably not an international standard

No contest Carl's junior especially if you consider value

Saying price isn't an issue just to keep this purely about quality and the best you can get regardless. Where would ya go? Even an expensive burger isn't a bank breaker if it's top of the range

u must be a potato farmer in farangland to come up with that from a photo

I am not potato farmer but worked 2 years in florida restaurants as a chef and cooked tons of fries both handcut and frozen.

I am not potato farmer but worked 2 years in florida restaurants as a chef and cooked tons of fries both handcut and frozen.

if u had said i prefer straight cut chips to crinckle i would have agreed but they were there on the plate and none got left.

if u come to pattaya and eat out for western food then almost everywhere u are going to be faced with a product cooked from frozen as far as chips/french fries are concerned.

options for places serving ones cut by hand are very limited

Saying price isn't an issue just to keep this purely about quality and the best you can get regardless. Where would ya go? Even an expensive burger isn't a bank breaker if it's top of the range

Just so you know I had lunch at Hard Rock Pattaya with a friend (I was buying as he is on a pension and he drives me around a lot).  I had a burger, fries and coke.  He had something similar.  Near 1600 baht if my memory is right.  That would be high in the USA.  

Just so you know I had lunch at Hard Rock Pattaya with a friend (I was buying as he is on a pension and he drives me around a lot). I had a burger, fries and coke. He had something similar. Near 1600 baht if my memory is right. That would be high in the USA.

But was any good?

But was any good?

I thought it was excellent.  No gripes there.  Just pointing it out as some board members might find that price too high for a lunch.

I eat yesterday for lunch at Steak & Co. Bacon and Blue Cheese burger with a potato wedge side and extra side of onion rings. 

The burger itself is good, good bacon and blue cheese flavor. Good quality bun and fresh vegetables. 

I've eaten the potato wedges with 2 meals and they've been cooked perfect both times, I seen a post before of complaints about not being cooked properly. But the onion rings I was not a fan of, something missing, no flavor there. 

Forgot my phone, so no photo. I paid around 400 baht. 

I just ate at Carl's Jr in Central and yes, Fridays are still 2 for 1 burgers. We had 2 bacon double cheeseburgers, an order of fries and 2 drinks. I haven't had a burger in over a year, so I'm certainly not a burger coniseour (sp?) but it was damn good, especially for 350 baht. I'm not sure how long the 2 for 1 Fridays will last but it's a good burger at a good price.

Fuck,have to post this one.

Chicken burger with back bacon,avocado,Brie and roasted peppers.

Chilled avocado soup.

Faaaark belly buster.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Fuck,have to post this one.

Chicken burger with back bacon,avocado,Brie and roasted peppers.

Chilled avocado soup.

Faaaark belly buster.

does look mighty tasty

The most expensive burger I ever saw in my life was at the Hard Rock Cafe in Pattaya. I was stunned at the price. If memory serves, by the time you added cheese (which was extra) and did the ++ thing, you were getting close to B900. Down right silly. When I saw what it cost, I refused to order it.

As for Secrets (and I haven't eaten there in a couple of years either, Larry), they used to serve that weird, slightly spicy beef that Thais think is hamburger meat. Personally, I don't like it. Tastes sour to me and overwhelms the condiments. So I tried one Secrets burger and never again.

The most expensive burger I ever saw in my life was at the Hard Rock Cafe in Pattaya. I was stunned at the price. If memory serves, by the time you added cheese (which was extra) and did the ++ thing, you were getting close to B900. Down right silly. When I saw what it cost, I refused to order it.

As for Secrets (and I haven't eaten there in a couple of years either, Larry), they used to serve that weird, slightly spicy beef that Thais think is hamburger meat. Personally, I don't like it. Tastes sour to me and overwhelms the condiments. So I tried one Secrets burger and never again.

My memory as well on price.  And I also don't like when they use spiced meat.  I always assume they are hiding something if they do that.  real beef and proper cooking is all it takes.

• 2 weeks later...

not the best for sure but one of the market leaders.

site is beach rd bottom of soi post office soi 13/2 and about 65 mtrs from an existing location at the front of royal garden plaza.

july 11 013 (Custom).JPG

july 11 012 (Custom).JPG

july 11 011 (Custom).JPG

Market leader, correct. And thanks for posting the new site pics & location. But if anyone sees me walk into a McDonald's in Pattaya, shoot me dead.

Big Mike.

Archived