IGNORED

Caution Mr Wong watches

fatjack1

Plenty of very good, affordable watches to choose from. Why buy a fake?

Always amuses me to see people with fakes take off their "deep see diver" watch before they go into the pool or swim with one arm in the air.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So.... you went to the wong shop, and got the wong watch. Can someone explain what's wong here. You could have had a wing awound, or wang another shop, and yet you went to the wong one. Nuf said.

he didn't offer a weach awound?

if his watches are so good, why would he be repairing them?

yes yes, sure you'll tell me he's fixing other watches not bought from him....

i dont care, dont know him, not gonna say a word good or bad towards him.

but fake watches... forget it.

seen it all in china. no thanks.

ps:

why would a top end 5000gbp watch need fixing?

fixed by someone that sells fake watches?

some? watches? as in more than one, a few of your top end watches? needed fixing.....

you gotta be kidding surely!

interesting.

He repairs watches in a glass booth in his shop you can see many in  dismantlement being repaired.

He also repairs wall clocks.

He can reset/adjust the timing on many watches 

He is a real watch repairer not a battery changer lol.

4 of my friends who are repeat customers just went there  last week and purchased 3 or 4 watches each. 

I went with them to look at the new Rolex sea master (nice copy) IMO  I think my friends purchased 4 of them.

As to my watches I had the Acrylic Crystal on my very old Rolex GMT polished,  bracelet polished, bezel polished.

The standard bezel replaced with a ceramic bezel on my Sub, also a bracelet pin replaced ( yes I could not believe it) it fell out and I could not find it)  and new batteries and a polish on my Breitling  Emergency.

I have sold both the Rolex I still have the Emergency as it has been with me a long time and every time I look at it it reminds me of times gone by although I do not put a watch on often any more as I am no longer ruled by time.

If I do then I use my Casio Protection G shock. I have a Gear2 I purchased on an impulse buy to link with my Note 3 however do not use it very often.

I need to know the time I look at my phone.

I believe the op and am surprised Mr wong did not help that is why I offered to go with him and see what can be done, as I am very interested to know if mr wong is standing by his claim to fix or replace any faults not cased by misuse.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

He repairs watches in a glass booth in his shop you can see many in  dismantlement being repaired.

He also repairs wall clocks.

He can reset/adjust the timing on many watches 

He is a real watch repairer not a battery changer lol.

4 of my friends who are repeat customers just went there  last week and purchased 3 or 4 watches each. 

I went with them to look at the new Rolex sea master (nice copy) IMO  I think my friends purchased 4 of them.

As to my watches I had the Acrylic Crystal on my very old Rolex GMT polished,  bracelet polished, bezel polished.

The standard bezel replaced with a ceramic bezel on my Sub, also a bracelet pin replaced ( yes I could not believe it) it fell out and I could not find it)  and new batteries and a polish on my Breitling  Emergency.

I have sold both the Rolex I still have the Emergency as it has been with me a long time and every time I look at it it reminds me of times gone by although I do not put a watch on often any more as I am no longer ruled by time.

If I do then I use my Casio Protection G shock. I have a Gear2 I purchased on an impulse buy to link with my Note 3 however do not use it very often.

I need to know the time I look at my phone.

I believe the op and am surprised Mr wong did not help that is why I offered to go with him and see what can be done, as I am very interested to know if mr wong is standing by his claim to fix or replace any faults not cased by misuse.

JDM

What is really odd is this last watch lost several hours like the other 3.  But since I reset the time it has kept perfect time.  Well over a month now.  It baffles me.  As for the condensation I saw inside it when I walked into Beefeaters it was an exceptionally muggy night and good AC and I could forgive that.  I won't wear this to the beach or swimming anyway.  it isn't a dive watch.

At this point I'm just going to live with it.  I can't decide if I will wear it in Pattaya or bring the Omega.  Truth is the Omega MUST be worn every day or it stops (self winding) and on golf days I wear a GPS watch and might not go out that night.  So it is inconvenient.  Guess I'll bring this one back and use it.  Based on the condensation I don't expect it to last forever but for the price I paid I didn't expect that.  A couple of years works.  It was certainly more than a street watch so I feel that is reasonable.

I hated opening this thread and might have returned one more time except he was already hinting I shouldn't wear the watch when I play golf.  Which I didn't.  That told me he thought the problem was ME.  Clearly there is/was an issue with this batch of watches.    They all did the same thing which is work fine, then one morning be off by hours for no reason.  I am beginning to think if I had reset the first one I'd still have it.  Oh well.  Perhaps he could have been more aggressive checking that batch to see what was happening too.

Plenty of very good, affordable watches to choose from. Why buy a fake?

Always amuses me to see people with fakes take off their "deep see diver" watch before they go into the pool or swim with one arm in the air.

Yes I have had a Pulsar Kinetic that I bought for £45 from Argos in UK in 2005..........Obviously no battery and accurate a second a month.......I replaced glass in Pattaya in 2013 for 100 Baht to scratch proof. Looks like new

• 4 weeks later...

I to bought a Tag from Mr Wong which i think is great but like you i noticed when therez a change in temperature the inside face steams up slightly but not enough that you cant see the time. I bought it February this year and its still ticking away. I will be back to see him in July. Its unfortunate that you had a bad experience with Mr Wong.

Best watch I ever owned - Skaagen all titanium super slim - $99

I do have a couple of fake Tag Links - why? Because they look nice, and I had a tendency to lose or damage my watches. Once I spent $50 on the fakes, for some reasons, that streak stopped.

Bought mine in Bangkok. Except for changing the battery, never had a problem. Bought those 8 years ago.

I to bought a Tag from Mr Wong which i think is great but like you i noticed when therez a change in temperature the inside face steams up slightly but not enough that you cant see the time. I bought it February this year and its still ticking away. I will be back to see him in July. Its unfortunate that you had a bad experience with Mr Wong.

Yeah, I'm bummed too.   Mine also fogged up once as you said but I couldn't read it.  So that might be trouble down the line but when buying a fake I live with that.  My issue was they all kept stopping and weren't reliable at keeping time.

Funniest part is this last one stopped and I reset it once almost three months ago.  Since them it is spot on.  No issues.  I haven't worn it but that wasn't what caused the stoppages anyway.  They would stop while sitting in the cabinet untouched.

Weird thing.  I wonder if ALL of them needed a one time reset and then good to go.   But that makes no sense as when I bought them he would set the time for me.  

BTW I'm not here to assassinate Mr Wong.  I like the guy.  But he could have been more proactive in this problem.  Such as take a look at the watches I was returning and see what they did.  Or set multiples from his new stock and see if they stopped too.  IMO that was his biggest mistake.  He just seemed to want to give me a new one and get me gone again.  

He played the odds probably knew they were no good but tourist come and go

There was a lady outside 7-11 yesterday with a hair dryer, using it on the watches. I wondered what she was doing!

Sometimes, it could be something as simple as the initial battery the watch contains is bad or very weak. Replace it and see if that fixes it.

• 3 months later...

Just had 4 automatic watches serviced by Mr Wong could not be happier with his service.Two of my watches had major problems,one not going at all and the other running way too fast-5mins per hour.The other two needed a service.All up 2300 baht service charges.Be warned Mr Wong insist on taking his time-2 weeks on working on watch repairs to get "it right",his words.Which was fine by me as I staying in Pattaya for 3 weeks.

Previously my watch repairs was done by Jack in soi buakhao.Last year one of my watches was serviced at Jack's shop not by Jack himself but by his worker.The watch stop working twice and was taken back and repaired by that worker,however the watch broke down yet again that night later after the last repair.However I was leaving Pattaya early next day,had no time to return the watch for another repair.

Still used Jack's shop to get 2 new prescription lenses replaced for my eyeglasses for 800 baht.

Just had 4 automatic watches serviced by Mr Wong could not be happier with his service.Two of my watches had major problems,one not going at all and the other running way too fast-5mins per hour.The other two needed a service.All up 2300 baht service charges.Be warned Mr Wong insist on taking his time-2 weeks on working on watch repairs to get "it right",his words.Which was fine by me as I staying in Pattaya for 3 weeks.

Previously my watch repairs was done by Jack in soi buakhao.Last year one of my watches was serviced at Jack's shop not by Jack himself but by his worker.The watch stop working twice and was taken back and repaired by that worker,however the watch broke down yet again that night later after the last repair.However I was leaving Pattaya early next day,had no time to return the watch for another repair.

Still used Jack's shop to get 2 new prescription lenses replaced for my eyeglasses for 800 baht.

He took 3 weeks with my Rolex when he serviced it (18k from memory), he gave it a one year guarantee but didn't want to know when I took it back 10 and a bit months later because it had stopped.

He did say leave it with him and he'll look into it but didn't know how much and that it would be minimum of 3 weeks again.

Got it back off of him and had it repaired in the UK.

In the 12 years or so I was there I always used him both for servicing and snide watches for mates etc.

The last incident confirmed that I won't use him again, if anything it was his attitude that annoyed me.

:)

Many things change in Pattaya and I for one am happy to see the BMs comments as I have recommended him to my renters if he is not producing the goods then I will stop doing so.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 1 year later...

I bought twice from Mr. Wong and I can't complain about the quality of the watches.

Well, perhaps I was lucky or maybe you were just unlucky, no idea.

But I can imagine, if you bring back watches because of a defect he is not happy as far I got to know him.

Expats staying here for a long period recommended him to me. They have told there are just two places with a more reliable quality.

One was Mr. Wong and the other I can't re-collect.

And last but not least we talk about fake watches and we have to be reasonable, guys.

There will be always a huge quality gap to an original one and exactly this is the reason why we pay so less :GoldenSmile1:

• 3 weeks later...

I've been visiting Pattaya for many years and have bought many watch's from Mr Wong and have never had a problem

Archived