Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Caution Mr Wong watches

fatjack1

I was not seeking a copy of anything. I just wanted a cheapish watch to wear at night that looked OK. The fact it was a knock off wasn't my plan nor did I even know the brand name it was trying to copy when he first showed it to me. IN fact, I almost passed when I realized it was a copy. What I didn't want was a casio. A plastic watch. I wanted a watch that looked more appropriate at night. And this copy had the look I wanted. Had they not had the IWC logo in it I would have been happier.

BTW, I've decided this whole mess around with watches isn't worth it and I will bring my Omega next trip. Even it has issues. If I don't wear it every day it gives up the ghost and stops. You'd think an expensive swiss movement would at least run 3-4 days without being worn. Heck, the Citizen that broke kept going for over a week without seeing light. But I'll wear it every day and only remove it when playing golf as I have a GPS watch for that.

sounds like every watch you have is fake 55.

maybe you are a static magnet or something.

you can trust me that no one gives a fuck what watch you're wearing.

fake, real, casio or whatever.

can you tell me last time you were in a bar, restaurant wherever with a friend, and which watch they had on, shirt, shoes, anything?

exactly.

just buy something that works.

maybe you'll have better luck with a casio. 55

i dont wear a watch, haven't done for years, not since mobiles first appeared.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fatjack1 if you haven't worn your omega for 4days it's not going to be keep ticking. Depends what calibre it is but the power reserve be normally 40hrs. If you want it to keep ticking buy a watch winder if you don't wear it everyday

is Omega expensive? im not a watch fan, you can probably tell.

so you buy an expensive watch, to know what the time is, and it can only do that for 3, 4 days?

I guess its a fashion thing. ;-)

im just playing with you. no offence.

Just another reminder not to buy any of these fake watches in Thailand .Surely he would have known that he had a bad batch and I bet he was just hoping that you would stop turning up to complain so what does he do he just gives you another dud to get rid of you .Good customer service and repeat business is the last thing on his mind . Personally I would never buy a fake watch because of the name I would rather buy a cheap watch which is one hundred percent reliable than any of these fake rolexes ,omegas .Its a feel good factor as well for me ..fake watches just don't give the same feeling as the original thing

I have bought  many watches from  him and many of my friends have over the last 6 years NEVER had a problem with them.

TOP GUY IMO.

PM ME and  i will be happy to accompany you  to his shop and sort it out.

He is one of the few whom are real watch makers in pattaya you can see in his shop all the watches in dismantlement  being fixed.

I have no connection with him other  than he has fixed some of my top end watches ( 5,000 GPB +) with outstanding craftsmanship.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I have bought many watches from him and many of my friends have over the last 6 years NEVER had a problem with them.

TOP GUY IMO.

PM ME and i will be happy to accompany you to his shop and sort it out.

He is one of the few whom are real watch makers in pattaya you can see in his shop all the watches in dismantlement being fixed.

I have no connection with him other than he has fixed some of my top end watches ( 5,000 GPB +) with outstanding craftsmanship.

JDM

if his watches are so good, why would he be repairing them?

yes yes, sure you'll tell me he's fixing other watches not bought from him....

i dont care, dont know him, not gonna say a word good or bad towards him.

but fake watches... forget it.

seen it all in china. no thanks.

ps:

why would a top end 5000gbp watch need fixing?

fixed by someone that sells fake watches?

some? watches? as in more than one, a few of your top end watches? needed fixing.....

you gotta be kidding surely!

interesting.

God forbid that anyone should think you're not a hi-roller with your normal watch.

Anyway you need one, so when you ring the bell, everyone can see it and go wow.

:GoldenSmile1:  just banter  :GoldenSmile1:

sorry but I really dont understand how can anybody that own genuine watches only think to have fake crap on the wrist? every time you take a look at your wrist you see that fake....

I mean, if you ever own a genuine one you can see the difference in 1 second. maybe people around you can't tell the difference. but you know.

my wrists are fine as they are.

don't need decorating. 55

sorry but I really dont understand how can anybody that own genuine watches only think to have fake crap on the wrist? every time you take a look at your wrist you see that fake....

I mean, if you ever own a genuine one you can see the difference in 1 second. maybe people around you can't tell the difference. but you know.

I miss the point.  I'm not the one who seems to be impressed by "real watches".  I don't care if someone has a Casio, 100 baht Thai watch, Rolex or copy.  Others have that problem.  For myself, if it looks good I like it.  pretty simple. And this watch LOOKS good.  Take off the IWC logo and I'd still have bought it.

Yes, I can tell the difference between it and my Omega Titanium/Gold chronometer yada yada expensive watch.  There is a quality delta.  But I also have a $12,000 guitar and a $300 Yamaha.  I still sometimes play the Yamaha.  I just don't care if someone else thinks I'm flush or not.  Actually prefer they not.  Too many leaches in Pattaya.   :SoWhat1:

I have bought  many watches from  him and many of my friends have over the last 6 years NEVER had a problem with them.

TOP GUY IMO.

PM ME and  i will be happy to accompany you  to his shop and sort it out.

He is one of the few whom are real watch makers in pattaya you can see in his shop all the watches in dismantlement  being fixed.

I have no connection with him other  than he has fixed some of my top end watches ( 5,000 GPB +) with outstanding craftsmanship.

JDM

I am currently in USA.   The watch is sitting in my travel briefcase unworn at this time.  It was set to proper time when I left and IMO a proper quartz movement should be within a few minutes when I get back in August.  We'll see.  But tell the truth he didn't seem happy to swap it a 4th time so I question if I'll get results a 5th other than another watch that stops once in a while.  And who knows?  Well I'll check.  It is still perfect time now.

Perhaps they need to be reset once and then thereafter they keep time.  We'll see.  

I miss the point. I'm not the one who seems to be impressed by "real watches". I don't care if someone has a Casio, 100 baht Thai watch, Rolex or copy. Others have that problem. For myself, if it looks good I like it. pretty simple. And this watch LOOKS good. Take off the IWC logo and I'd still have bought it.

Yes, I can tell the difference between it and my Omega Titanium/Gold chronometer yada yada expensive watch. There is a quality delta. But I also have a $12,000 guitar and a $300 Yamaha. I still sometimes play the Yamaha. I just don't care if someone else thinks I'm flush or not. Actually prefer they not. Too many leaches in Pattaya. :SoWhat1:

makes me giggle when those don't 'care' say exactly that, then go on to quote the price.

and all their other pricey objects.

dont care but insist on telling.

;-)

and whats best of all, is how easy they are to wind up, unlike their watches.

I bought a TAG Heuer Monaco (fake of course) from him 5 or 6 years ago. Went back to him in March this year to replace the battery. Without me asking, he also replaced the sticks holding the wrist band to the watch as they bend after some time, I call that good service.

I use the watch not every day, but many times. It still looks like new, no scratch to be seen. Holds the time perfectly and I dont take it off for showers, but I do not use it to swimm. If I ever want to buy a fake watch, I would buy it from him. 

However, I do understand the OP and his dissapointment. I probably would have switched to another modell after the second one failed. Really looks like he got a bad batch there.

Couple of years ago bought some watches at the request of a friend

2 from Sarah's opposite temple and 2 from jack's near central rd both of them were good

but 1 watch bought from jack the hand from the small dial fell which I did not notice till I was home a year later I took said watch to jack just gave to him and said nothing he takes it fixes it to my surprise I ask him how much his reply is free you bought this from me

Was really impressed

I bought a TAG Heuer Monaco (fake of course) from him 5 or 6 years ago. Went back to him in March this year to replace the battery. Without me asking, he also replaced the sticks holding the wrist band to the watch as they bend after some time, I call that good service.

I use the watch not every day, but many times. It still looks like new, no scratch to be seen. Holds the time perfectly and I dont take it off for showers, but I do not use it to swimm. If I ever want to buy a fake watch, I would buy it from him.

However, I do understand the OP and his dissapointment. I probably would have switched to another modell after the second one failed. Really looks like he got a bad batch there.

so the only time your wrist gets washed is during swimming.

eeeeeeeeeeew.....

If I don't wear it every day it gives up the ghost and stops.  You'd think an expensive swiss movement would at least run 3-4 days without being worn.  Heck, the Citizen that broke kept going for over a week without seeing light.  But I'll wear it every day and only remove it when playing golf as I have a GPS watch for that.

Heck, my gold Apple Watch Edition (C$15,500) needs charging every day.

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

um, I have a real high end watch but prefer not to wear it in Pattaya, it's in my little safe here...  pretty sure FatJack does too...

Yeah, so wear a non high end watch not a phoney non working hunk of junk copy.

I leave my high end watch at home and wear a Citizen Eco-drive when I travel other than to Hong Kong where the risk of theft is less than where I live. 

I remember buying a fake off a street vendor once

On getting it back to Australia I dropped it on a tiled floor

Expecting the glass to smash I was surprised that it did not

But all the numbers inside came off & it looked like a slushie machine

I just laughed & thought "I got what I paid for"

I leave my high end watch at home and wear a Citizen Eco-drive when I travel other than to Hong Kong where the risk of theft is less than where I live. 

That's what I was wearing.  Love my eco-drive.  Except it stopped working.  Was told in a repair shop it needed a new capacitor and now I'm having it repaired here in the states.  I would have bought another Citizen in Pattaya but I didn't see any I liked.  Plus it is actually cheaper to buy them here than in Thailand.

Heck, my gold Apple Watch Edition (C$15,500) needs charging every day.

And just wait until it's no longer compatible with the current IOS.   :ThumbUp6:

Not only was another model not offered he was putting the original "leather"  strap from the returned watch on the new watch bodies each time he swapped them.  Funny as total time I've worn the thing is less than a couple hours and you can't tell it's used.

Who knows.  Maybe he would have swapped in #5 and all would have been well.  I am kind of doubtful but who knows?

Thanks for your concern about what watch I wear...

as I don't give a rat's ass what anyone else thinks, I will keep wearing my fake rolex, because I like it.  it looks good to me, it feels good to me, and I will NEVER spend the kind of money it costs to buy a real rolex.  the real watch I own is a 1000 dollar Tag I bought over 20 years ago, and it will go to my son when I croak.  still looks like new, and so does the faulex at this point. 

these fake watch guys have thousands of happy customers btw, who don't bother putting up posts about no problems...

:GoldenSmile1:

Love my eco-drive. Except it stopped working. Was told in a repair shop it needed a new capacitor and now I'm having it repaired here in the states.

have you got a watch that works?

;-)

If you want a super A class replica then buy one in HK or Korea.

There are different classficiations.

SA

AA

A

the rest of them bullshits.

AA costs you about 400~500 USD, but you can not distinguish it from the original one except some serial numbers if you get the real SA replica.

For example, Rolex Submariner i have real one, new model and when I saw SA replica of it i could not distinguish. lazor cutting, same feeling of bracelet, sappire? or what is the name glass..? anyway looks the same.

But, no serial number engraved inside of your bezel. some people said some wathces have it.

I am not very good at distinguishing replica and original, but i believe even if you are good at it you can not distinguish by looking the watch on other person's wrist.

In addition, SA watch uses real Caliber and the difference for the price is whether it is made from Swiss or Japan, but both of them genuine caliber so you would get the same time off(actually second off) per month or so.

That's what I was wearing. Love my eco-drive. Except it stopped working. Was told in a repair shop it needed a new capacitor and now I'm having it repaired here in the states. I would have bought another Citizen in Pattaya but I didn't see any I liked. Plus it is actually cheaper to buy them here than in Thailand.

A lot cheaper. I don’t do high end watches but bought a Skagen, nice slim Danish design, for $80 on amazon that was $135 in the main department stores. Available in Pattaya for 9000 baht.

Lol

Archived