IGNORED

Caution Mr Wong watches

fatjack1

A lot cheaper. I don’t do high end watches but bought a Skagen, nice slim Danish design, for $80 on amazon that was $135 in the main department stores. Available in Pattaya for 9000 baht.

Yes, my experience as well.  I saw lots of "real watches" I kind of liked in Central.  They have a few nice ones.  But I can come home, order one I like better over the internet for a lot less and have it in my house in 48 hours.  I have to say (not bragging just reality) for buying shit this country is the best.  We make it SOOOOOO easy to buy stuff.  

Like cars.  last car I bought I was in there for service and kind of pissed off at the car I had (no real reason but logic isn't everything).  Saw a car I liked better on the lot, talked to the sales guy I know about trade in and price.  Struck a deal, did the paperwork and owned the new car about the same time they finished doing the service.  

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have you got a watch that works?

;-)

Sadly too many.  I kinda like watches even though with cell phones they are a relic.  Lets be honest here.  Watches are more jewelry than function in modern society.  I admit it.  Younger guys might wear an earring or piercing or tattoo.  I like watches.  

My Omega works provided I wear it everyday.  Amazes me that it will wind down in just a few days if not worn.  And amazes me when I bought it despite being the chronometer version (which I think is supposed to keep time to the nano-second of atomic clocks for a gazillion years) was NOT keeping good time.  As in several minutes a week.  Had to send it for service (BRAND NEW) in LA and didn't get it back for 6 months.  And it looks gorgeous.  Even with all it's "issues" everytime I put it on I like it.  Here is a photo.  Amazingly a photo I did that was good as my camera-fu is weak.

DSC_1765.jpg

Also have a Polar workout watch which is perfect (all of $60 including chest strap for heart monitor).  And my golf watch/GPS from Garmin which keeps perfect time.  I would have worn that evenings in Pattaya except it burns through the battery playing golf with the GPS enabled and has to be recharged for the next days round.  If I wore it out and came home drunk forgetting to plug it in I'd be without my golf GPS the next day.

So it appears I have excellent luck with cheap watches.  Not so good with better watches.  Whatever.

why is it draped over a gun? lol .......is that the omega gangsta version 55

I'm interested in that S&W. Assume it yours? you go to a range or something?

I brought a compound bow from florida to the UK a few years ago. Used to do a bit of target archery. Got it from that giant sports shop, Bass Pro. That shop is epic.

The watch is real,the gun is fake.

if you look close is says "Smithe and Weston".lololol.

Look better draped over a Glock.

Go on son.

Sadly too many. I kinda like watches even though with cell phones they are a relic. Lets be honest here. Watches are more jewelry than function in modern society. I admit it. Younger guys might wear an earring or piercing or tattoo. I like watches.

My Omega works provided I wear it everyday. Amazes me that it will wind down in just a few days if not worn. And amazes me when I bought it despite being the chronometer version (which I think is supposed to keep time to the nano-second of atomic clocks for a gazillion years) was NOT keeping good time. As in several minutes a week. Had to send it for service (BRAND NEW) in LA and didn't get it back for 6 months. And it looks gorgeous. Even with all it's "issues" everytime I put it on I like it. Here is a photo. Amazingly a photo I did that was good as my camera-fu is weak.

DSC_1765.jpg

Also have a Polar workout watch which is perfect (all of $60 including chest strap for heart monitor). And my golf watch/GPS from Garmin which keeps perfect time. I would have worn that evenings in Pattaya except it burns through the battery playing golf with the GPS enabled and has to be recharged for the next days round. If I wore it out and came home drunk forgetting to plug it in I'd be without my golf GPS the next day.

So it appears I have excellent luck with cheap watches. Not so good with better watches. Whatever.

maybe your omega is so accurate, that it actually keeping perfect time, and its everything else in the world thats gaining time.

at very least you're getting older, slower than the rest of us!

;-)

why is it draped over a gun? lol .......is that the omega gangsta version 55

I'm interested in that S&W. Assume it yours? you go to a range or something?

I brought a compound bow from florida to the UK a few years ago. Used to do a bit of target archery. Got it from that giant sports shop, Bass Pro. That shop is epic.

It's the only picture I have of it.  And by accident it is a good photo of a small item so...   I originally posed it this way for a thread on a gun forum I used to frequent.

I used to shoot a bit and have a number of different firearms.  And I COULD pose it with a bunch of Glocks (which I have and like for utility purpose) but they are butt ugly so no photos for them.   :GoldenSmile1:

maybe your omega is so accurate, that it actually keeping perfect time, and its everything else in the world thats gaining time.

at very least you're getting older, slower than the rest of us!

;-)

Don't got there.  Just turned 60 and got two new knees last November.  Age isn't a joke right now.    :Surrender1:

Cannot see the problem.

Each time the OP went back the watch was replaced.

What else did you want Mr Wong to do????

After the 3rd time... why not ask for a refund.... he seemed fine replacing watches up to then and you cannot really blame him for thinking that you may have been fooling around with the watches.

Making a mountain out of a molehill all over a fake watch which you knew you were buying.

cheers

Don't got there. Just turned 60 and got two new knees last November. Age isn't a joke right now. :Surrender1:

well i hope they work better than your watches. :-D

not from Mr Wong are they?

;-)

not from Mr Wrong are they?

;-)

Fixed that for ya.

Cannot see the problem.

Each time the OP went back the watch was replaced.

What else did you want Mr Wong to do????

After the 3rd time... why not ask for a refund.... he seemed fine replacing watches up to then and you cannot really blame him for thinking that you may have been fooling around with the watches.

Making a mountain out of a molehill all over a fake watch which you knew you were buying.

cheers

Searching for mountain and missed it.  Perhaps you are too sensitive to public service warnings.  

He failed to do the right thing when he had a bad batch of watches.  It wasn't one.  After 3 returns he should have OFFERED an alternative or refund.    And perhaps I don't have time to return again?  I wonder how many people bought this batch and went home from vacation to discover a faulty watch.  BTW, it isn't a fake watch.  It is a very real watch.  Just a copy of a brand name.  As a real watch with a real japanese movement (he stated) it should keep time.  Whatever.  

Cheers.

not from Mr Wong are they?

;-)

Not from Wong but yeah, they are copy knees.  Best I could find.  I expected the issues with the knees.  And after 5 months there are still issues with pain and strength.  Eventually I expect the to be 100% again (gym every damn day) but it takes time.  

Now the watch OTOH won't repair itself.  Except maybe it actually HAS.  Still on time now for over 3 weeks since I reset it the first time.  Baffles me.  Perhaps there is something inside them, a burr or some such, that is worn away and then it works great.  Can't say.  But I will post the truth.

Searching for mountain and missed it.  Perhaps you are too sensitive to public service warnings.  

He failed to do the right thing when he had a bad batch of watches.  It wasn't one.  After 3 returns he should have OFFERED an alternative or refund.    And perhaps I don't have time to return again?  I wonder how many people bought this batch and went home from vacation to discover a faulty watch.  BTW, it isn't a fake watch.  It is a very real watch.  Just a copy of a brand name.  As a real watch with a real japanese movement (he stated) it should keep time.  Whatever.  

Cheers.

You got treated well from this business.

You say he had a bad batch of watches... ok... and when you took them back 3 times he replaced them each time.

It is not his fault you did not have the time to return it the fourth time... that is your problem.

If it is not the original brand it is a copy... fake... use what word you want.... as said.. you knew you were buying a ... to use your words..." a copy of a brand name".... you ran the risk... tough luck.

Think again what happened overall... I think that molehill that turned into a mountain will not be missed now.

cheers

You got treated well from this business.

You say he had a bad batch of watches... ok... and when you took them back 3 times he replaced them each time.

It is not his fault you did not have the time to return it the fourth time... that is your problem.

If it is not the original brand it is a copy... fake... use what word you want.... as said.. you knew you were buying a ... to use your words..." a copy of a brand name".... you ran the risk... tough luck.

Think again what happened overall... I think that molehill that turned into a mountain will not be missed now.

cheers

Still don't see a mountain.  I simply warned other members of a business that might not stand behind it's product.  And replacing  from a batch that at that point should be obvious is a problem isn't standing behind it.  How many returns should I have made?  7?  12?  Consider also many tourists haven't the time to keep visiting him to replace a watch.

As to the fake or copy part baffles me the people who are all wound up about that too.  I simply bought a watch.  The fact it appears to be a brand name and isn't wasn't my intent nor do I lose sleep over it.  Seems the mountain is in the house of those who think this matters in backing up ones product.

• 2 weeks later...

The watch is real,the gun is fake.

if you look close is says "Smithe and Weston".lololol.

Look better draped over a Glock.

Go on son.

I can see this becoming a wheel versus a auto thread lol.

I think it looks right old school gun and classic watch look.

Now if it was a black plastic G Shock then yes I would agree it would look better draped over a Glock.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

my wrists are fine as they are.

don't need decorating. 55

Then what are you doing posting on a thread about watches?

I can see this becoming a wheel versus a auto thread lol.

I think it looks right old school gun and classic watch look.

Now if it was a black plastic G Shock then yes I would agree it would look better draped over a Glock.

JDM

If it was a high speed low drag tactical watch then a Glock.  Sadly, there is little about me that is high speed low drag these days.   :GoldenSmile1:

I happen to be a close friend of the OP and he can Definately afford a $5000 sub mariner.

He needed a watch,his real one was t working.He explained it perfectly.

The OP can be confirmned to be true.

My mate's richer than your mate........

If it was a high speed low drag tactical watch then a Glock.  Sadly, there is little about me that is high speed low drag these days.   :GoldenSmile1:

Oh there is lots that's low drag.

So.... you went to the wong shop, and got the wong watch. Can someone explain what's wong here. You could have had a wing awound, or wang another shop, and yet you went to the wong one. Nuf said.

Then what are you doing posting on a thread about watches?

because I can.

So.... you went to the wong shop, and got the wong watch. Can someone explain what's wong here. You could have had a wing awound, or wang another shop, and yet you went to the wong one. Nuf said.

This is such a wong post. :)

This is such a wong post. :)

I saw your post showing up on newsfeed and i thought.... Oei i have to check this 555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've bought two knock-off watches in Thailand and one in Hong Kong.  All died shortly later after I returned home.  If other people actually buy these and they perform properly for a reasonable amount of time then they are doing far better than me. 

I think the guts of the watch is just good enough to make the sale and those sales are usually aimed at tourists that will be a long distance from the retailer when the watch quickly dies.

Archived