Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

House we are building in Cha - Am .

AlantheBuilder

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks pretty impressive. It must've been a challenge back in the day when you started building in Thailand. Looks like you've mastered it. Great pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice - a teakdoor thread without having to read teakdoor.

Thanks for sharing.

What about things like copper pipe for the water and GROUNDED electrical?  How are those handled?  My wife and I will be building a house in Chum Phae in a couple of years.

Do you drill a well?  City water and a well?  Thanks for the info...

Taking shape now...looking forward to the end result.

How much will it cost in total ? If you don't mind me asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expected costs would be great and some photos of finished houses :) can pm them if you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about things like copper pipe for the water and GROUNDED electrical?  How are those handled?  My wife and I will be building a house in Chum Phae in a couple of years.

We always use copper ground Earth ,Water for this house so far is from a channel there waiting for government water  .

We do drill sometimes but these clients say the water down below is very high in minerals , and the lady does not like ,want .

Filters can help but they want to wait for the governments water .

Prices will be added latter . 

We always use copper ground Earth ,Water for this house so far is from a channel there waiting for government water  .

We do drill sometimes but these clients say the water down below is very high in minerals , and the lady does not like ,want .

DSC02253.JPG

DSC02263.JPG

DSC02239.JPG

DSC02262.JPG

DSC02249.JPG

DSC02254.JPG

DSC02258.JPG

DSC02248.JPG

Bloody hell Alan makes my build look like a dog kennel..........a lot cheaper though :LOL2:

30.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

If you mean that silver paper NO Peter .

With these Cpak-Monier roof tiles this style ,shape breath IE if you go inside the roof once its completed you can see no need for a torch ! (lots of light).

Above the eves we put vents to stop the birds coming also these let air come in though the bottom of the foor above the Facai board  and out through the roof tiles ,the silver foil turns the roof into a sweat box and stops all air movement inside the loft area make the roof hot and damp.

Whats a much better solution is to put insulation (Bats,Gyprock wool)on top of the gypsum drop ceiling boards this is 100 % more effective keeps heat out and cool in .

Let the roof breath is better by far .

More pictures coming soon guys .

Thanks for your input ;-] 

Sorry Alan I don,t agree ...........opinions eh? :LOL2:

I'm impressed by the safety boots the builders wear. I have some flip flops just like those. :)

• 2 weeks later...

If you mean that silver paper NO Peter .

With these Cpak-Monier roof tiles this style ,shape breath IE if you go inside the roof once its completed you can see no need for a torch ! (lots of light).

Above the eves we put vents to stop the birds coming also these let air come in though the bottom of the foor above the Facai board and out through the roof tiles ,the silver foil turns the roof into a sweat box and stops all air movement inside the loft area make the roof hot and damp.

Whats a much better solution is to put insulation (Bats,Gyprock wool)on top of the gypsum drop ceiling boards this is 100 % more effective keeps heat out and cool in .

Let the roof breath is better by far .

More pictures coming soon guys .

Thanks for your input ;-]

Alan with regards to the insulation in the roof you mentioned, the rock wool, is this not a great breeding ground for snakes, insects, rats etc? In your roof? I have thought about putting in myself but was unsure as it looked a ideal nesting material to inviting wildlife, your thoughts to this would be appreciated.

Trojan

"I wold not be in a folis paradyce."

Alan with regards to the insulation in the roof you mentioned, the rock wool, is this not a great breeding ground for snakes, insects, rats etc? In your roof? I have thought about putting in myself but was unsure as it looked a ideal nesting material to inviting wildlife, your thoughts to this would be appreciated.

The rock wool is used above the ceilings in rooms that have aircon -otherwise no need-foil is put under roof tiles to reflect the heat back out :GoldenSmile1:

The rock wool is used above the ceilings in rooms that have aircon -otherwise no need-foil is put under roof tiles to reflect the heat back out :GoldenSmile1:

Also it stops the heat warming up the ceiling boards , reflecting light out of a dark loft , Ive been inside 100,s of roof spaces and lofts  the lofts  ones with no silver foil are 10 times cooler , dryer , and airy and also not Totally dark when using these tiles .

Archived