IGNORED

Problem with TG visa to Australia

doa

My TGF goes back to Pattaya in 5 days she has had a great time and we are already planning our next trip for her in December

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know how long you have to wait to apply again for a visa? 3mths or 6 mths ? and what are your chances of being successful ?

Give it 3 months then apply for a multiple entry 12 month visa should be no issue

Give it 3 months then apply for a multiple entry 12 month visa should be no issue

Thanks BB , how does the multi work? Can she come back many times in a 12 mth period?

Once the visa is issued she has 3 months to enter Oz . After the date of first entry she can enter as many times within the next 12 months for a maximum of 3 months at a time. My understanding is she could technically enter on the last day of the 12 month visa anniversary for a further 3 months effectively giving you up to 15 months...

I believe 2 of these visas obtainable but after that you will need to go down the road a marriage or partnership visa

Once the visa is issued she has 3 months to enter Oz . After the date of first entry she can enter as many times within the next 12 months for a maximum of 3 months at a time. My understanding is she could technically enter on the last day of the 12 month visa anniversary for a further 3 months effectively giving you up to 15 months...

I believe 2 of these visas obtainable but after that you will need to go down the road a marriage or partnership visa

Yeah I know she has 3 mths to enter i have done this before ....all i was asking is how long between my next application should I wait ? 

Yeah I know she has 3 mths to enter i have done this before ....all i was asking is how long between my next application should I wait ?

And then you asked how many times she could re-enter in a 12 month period... See your post above

And then you asked how many times she could re-enter in a 12 month period... See your post above

:Think1: me

You are not understanding the multiple entry visa. A person can enter Australia anytime within a year from the date the visa is issued. There is no requirement to enter in the first 3 months.

BTW my wife has had about 6 or 7 of these visas but we live in Thailand.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

You are not understanding the multiple entry visa. A person can enter Australia anytime within a year from the date the visa is issued. There is no requirement to enter in the first 3 months.

I was hoping you would post on this as you know a lot about it....what are the chances of getting another 3 mth visa if i apply in september? or even 6 mths? How long in your opinion should i wait?

UPDATE.... Well fuck me , that went quick. TG flew home today, had to leave a week early, so ony here for 10 weeks, but what a 10 weeks it was. Now we have to do it all over again, but this time we will be applying for a 12 month multi entry visa now that she has fulfilled her visa requirements, it should not be a problem ( i hope).We now have plans to build a house in Thailand, marriage is on the cards too !!  I have been thinking about the comparison of the cost of my TG to a local girl. You cannot put a price on coming home from work to a clean house with a great feed and a beautiful girl/smile. ( and never have to wank).  

Does she have any children who will be moving with her?

I was hoping you would post on this as you know a lot about it....what are the chances of getting another 3 mth visa if i apply in september? or even 6 mths? How long in your opinion should i wait?

I have never had to apply so soon after one. However, Darren from Key Visa used to post that it was a good idea to wait for at least a month. Given that he presumedly did many of them I think you should be OK after 3 months.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Does she have any children who will be moving with her?

Yes, she has a 10 year old boy who would move here too.  Why do you ask?

Yes, she has a 10 year old boy who would move here too.  Why do you ask?

It was never mentioned in your post when comparing the costs of a Thai girl to a local girl. Also, it would seem that there will be an additional visa headache for the child on top of the one you already had for her.

It was never mentioned in your post when comparing the costs of a Thai girl to a local girl. Also, it would seem that there will be an additional visa headache for the child on top of the one you already had for her.

Yes , i have looked into this. Is around $1000 more for the child to enter on a marriage/partner visa. I think we will exhaust all the tourist visa options before i go down that road now. Unfortunately having second thoughts about the whole thing now !!

Yes , i have looked into this. Is around $1000 more for the child to enter on a marriage/partner visa. I think we will exhaust all the tourist visa options before i go down that road now. Unfortunately having second thoughts about the whole thing now !!

Probably a good idea to have second thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

G,day Scumbag,  Do you know if her documents have to translated to english by a certified translator before we submit them , or do they accept thai documents as they are?,   As i was told this was a requirement last time. TIA.  Fly out tomorrow , to lodge application on 14/7/15 . Will update in a couple of weeks,  cheers

G,day Scumbag,  Do you know if her documents have to translated to english by a certified translator before we submit them , or do they accept thai documents as they are?,   As i was told this was a requirement last time. TIA.  Fly out tomorrow , to lodge application on 14/7/15 . Will update in a couple of weeks,  cheers

No translated documents are required as the embassy in Bangkok uses Thai staff to process the applications.

TGF and I did another visa on Thursday in Bkk..asked for up to 6 mths this time ...see what happens

TGF and I did another visa on Thursday in Bkk..asked for up to 6 mths this time ...see what happens

Gday Proud Aussie, we will put our application in tomorrow (tuesday) in Bangkok. We are asking for 12 months. I hear so many different stories about the process and how it is done, all have been success stories so far, and seems to be fairly simple, its the waiting game that is painful. Wishing you luck mate, keep us updated, cheers

Gday Proud Aussie, we will put our application in tomorrow (tuesday) in Bangkok. We are asking for 12 months. I hear so many different stories about the process and how it is done, all have been success stories so far, and seems to be fairly simple, its the waiting game that is painful. Wishing you luck mate, keep us updated, cheers

Good luck guys!

I would appreciate details of the process of submitting the application at the new location.

Good luck guys!

I would appreciate details of the process of submitting the application at the new location

Hi again, was a fairly painless process. First we went in the main doors and headed directly to the other side of the ground floor to find the lifts, headed up to the 28th floor. Exit the lifts and a bit to the right is the entrance to the VFS office reception. There is a Aus/UK side to te desk, showed the receptionist TG passport and handed over 2 copies of the passport front page , and one copy of page with stamps on it.We were then issued with a ticket number, It s a very busy place but only waited about a minute or two to be served here. Then we were directed through a metal detector , same as the airport, empty your pockets and walk through. Then 10 steps away through to the waiting room , one side for Aus , one side for UK ,we didnt even get to sit down and our number was called. Once at the counter we handed over our 10 000 documents 555 (maybe 50-80) and the lady there sorted through them at lightning speed, made sure everything was signed and in order, confirmed the number to be contacted on when the visa is decided on and if she would pick it up personally or would like it posted (we will pick it up if granted) , handed over 4270baht , and that was that, all done in 10 minutes. Mind you we had all the forms filled out before we got there. I saw some people filling out the application forms at the office, but as you know they are time consuming. Now the waiting begins,4-10 working days we were told, but i will be up in Korat at her home for this , eating , drinking and basically doing SFA while we wait for the call. If successful, book her a ticket to fly back to Oz with me on 29th july, if not , worry about that then.   Will let you know the outcome ,  cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Doa, How did it go?

In you very first post you said you paid an agent 12000 THBt, I hope that was a typo . If not you were definately had, but as you got the visa maybe money changed hands somewhere!!

I have done many visas myself, starting with my girlfriends tourist visas, She did three months in Aus , then 3 months in Thailand, then 3 months in Aus for three years, After that  came tourist visas for friends girlfriends, and a marriage visa for mine. also done tourists visas for nieces.

Never used an agent, only paid application fees direct,  but did get a lot of advice from Forums.

Yes the official Thai documents  had to be translated and certified before submission for marriage visa.

Good luck, dont rush in with the marriage one untill she has been here a few times and you are absolutely sure. But , if you get the right one, it is way better than Aussie Wife!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Update - We got 3 months she can come anytime before 17th Oct which is good as she will be spending my birthday ,Christmas and New year in Australia. :GoldenSmile1:

Update - We got 3 months she can come anytime before 17th Oct which is good as she will be spending my birthday ,Christmas and New year in Australia. :GoldenSmile1:

Did they state why they didn't give her 6 months as you requested?

Archived