IGNORED

rookie in need of help

blk12b

Hey guys, newbie in need of some veteran advice. I'm making my first trip to Thailand and will be spending 5 nights in Pattaya after a few nights in bkk. I am so overehelemd by all the hotel choices that my head is spinning. I am looking for a sea view room, with preferably a balcony overlooking the sea. I am willing to spend some cash on it if need be. So far, a mini suite at bay view residence is at the top of my list. Any insight or help is much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Rookie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blk12, you could sleep on the beach....no seriously, welcome to the board.

If it is in Pattaya, the hotels closest to the beach are, Dusit, Amari, Holiday Inn, Sandalay Bay, A1, Montien, Hard Rock, Hyatt, I can't think of any more.

Other BMs will help.

All these hotels we not particular guest friendly.

Have a great time.

Phil

See you at Le Pub, soi Diamond.

Le Pub Facebook Page

Le Pub YouTube Channel

Hey Phil, thanks for the reply man. This is the problem I'm running into. There seems to be no Gf hotels that offer sea view rooms with blaconys . Seems like there has to be at least a couple that are close to the action in Pattaya.

Might be worth looking to see if there's a condo in VT6 available, seen some great pics from the balconies on here. This thread contains info on various booking options.

blk12, you could sleep on the beach....no seriously, welcome to the board.

If it is in Pattaya, the hotels closest to the beach are, Dusit, Amari, Holiday Inn, Sandalay Bay, A1, Montien, Hard Rock, Hyatt, I can't think of any more.

Other BMs will help.

All these hotels we not particular guest friendly.

Have a great time.

Phil

Hard Rock is definitely not GF friendly.  I stayed there once and would never stay there again.  

How much you willing to spend ?

How much you willing to spend ?

No more then 7000thb a night.

These dance watchers one look crazy! Are these legit? Seems like process to make rervation.

These dance watchers one look crazy! Are these legit?

Indeed they are; quite a lot of BMs stay there.

Indeed they are; quite a lot of BMs stay there.

How the heck do you figure out what days are available? I can't understand that calinder. Seems pretty cool though.

Depends who you are booking through I guess? From what I've seen Dancewatchers have a great reputation ... but their site seriously sucks IMHO  :GoldenSmile1:

Can't give any specific personal feedback as haven't stayed in them myself ... yet!

Apart from some of them looking amazing, another plus for booking a condo is no bullshit joiner fees for 3somes or moresomes that some places seemingly hit people with.

How the heck do you figure out what days are available? I can't understand that calinder. Seems pretty cool though.

Any thing that is in pink is booked out

$7000 a night. Wow! No cheap Charlie here! For that price mate, you will get the whole hotel.

Seriously, no need to spend more than 2500 for a real nice room.but p to you, if you have it spend it.

Look into the LK Empress on beach road

I stayed in the Bay View mini suite and can highly recommend. Easy access to both beach and action, good service and desent break fast.

http://www.wavepattaya.com

It's above my pay scale, you might want to look at the 'Wave Hotel' on Beach Rd and Soi10.  If you stay there make sure you do a review. Not sure if it's GF though.

Also look at the sea view rooms next door at the 'SeaMeSpringToo' I've stayed there and it is GF, nice views and comes in under 3000B

http://www.wavepattaya.com

.... Not sure if it's GF though.

it is ...

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

personally for the best in my opinion i would find a cheaper place and take their best rooms.

having stayed at so many hotels, its always the trip, the action, the location, that makes a good trip. not the hotel room.

i tend to stick to suites, and a balcony.

i prefer the warm and friendly service of a much smaller hotel than the larger chains.

its low season, book a couple of nights where you choose, then extend if you like it, or just move on to another.

Are you looking for apartment or hotel room?

I'm booked to stay vt6(Dancewatchers) next Thursday for nearly three weeks.

You have to pay deposit. But it is legit

Hilton is 10x better than view talay 6!

Other than the balconies on VT6 for your view, the building is shit. The common areas are like a run down hospital or subsidized housing, it is truly that bad. I have stayed there and know what to expect.

If you want to treat yourself, then stay at a real 5 star hotel, which is the Hilton. VT6 common areas are 2 star.

The Hilton looks like it has the best balconies and views. I would hate to have to stay at a western hotel while I'm there, but you can't beat those rooms. Anyone know if they are GF? If so, how much they charge for more then one guest? Once again thanks for the help guys!

I just stayed at the Sunshine Residence and hotel on Soi 8 last week (for like the 10th time) and here's a couple of pix of my room and view.  It's a standard sea view in the Residence wing on the 11th floor and it was about US$50 (1500 baht) per night, booked through Agoda.  During high season, this room goes for about US$70 (2400 baht).

Sunshine room.jpg

Sunshine view.jpg

The hotel is fairly central to everything (that I like) and a short walk to Beach road.  It's a decent hotel with friendly enough staff and clean rooms and linens.  I normally stay in the Residence wing, I like the size of and lighting in the rooms better than the hotel and "New" wings.  During last Christmas they were causing a bit of trouble by insisting that they take a picture of your guest for the night at the reception.  However, during this last trip, they didn't ask for a picture once (only ID and room number), so it seems they've abandoned the practice of taking pics.  I'll be staying here again in December/January.

Good luck!

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Archived