IGNORED

Best to Rent View Talay 6? Honey? Dancewatchers? VT6?

StrikeEagle

So, I'm starting to narrow down my lodging choices, and Vew Talay 6 seems to be a very strong finalist. However, I'm still a bit puzzled as to which of the providers is the best. 

Seems to be consensus that VT6 is the most expensive of the bunch, but are they worth the extra baht? Dancewatchers and Honeys both seem to have a strong following, and I can't get a feeling for who might be a bit better, or if it's a toss up between the two. 

I'm looking at a two week stay in a studio, or 1 bedroom. (depending on price) A nice studio will work just fine for me, but if there's a 1BR at a close enough rate, then that might be in the mix as well. My preference is to keep it within the 1500-1600 BT price range, or less. Timing will likely be in  March-early April. (there's a strong possibility that I may be able to swing a trip in Nov as well, but that trip will most probably not work out at VT6 due to availability and the seasonal population.

I'm looking for the voice of experience, and your best recommendations.

TIA,

StrikeEagle
"When you care enough to send the Best in the World"

Pussy Prices IMO, Beach Road (Coconut Bar) ST 500 - 800; LT 1000-1500, May be similar in Bamboo and PBG or slightly dearer: Bars and some massage places, bar fine 300-400; ST 800 - 1000; LT 1000-2000, may be cheaper later in the evening: Agogos, bar fine ST 700 - 1000 bar fine  LT 1500 ST 1500-2000, LT 2000-3500: IBar, Insomnia, other Discos, early  expensive getting cheaper as sunrise approaches but 1000-3000 depending: Feel free to PM me with updates

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no definitive answer - but DW are the most expensive (of the ones mentioned by you) and do not have an office on site - however their cleaners seem to be the most diligent

You also have Jasmina - who are the most expensive full stop - but the nicest rooms - from what I have seen - Agoda prices are obscene but their on site staff gave completely different prices

I would book a few days with any of the ones mentioned - and then speak to the various agents on site and take a look around and decide from there

Try to stay WS side - highish floor - and ALWAYS check the bathroom - if there is a funky smell then however nice the room is - do not stay there - some of the rooms do not have toilet traps under the tiles so the sewage fumes come straight back up

VT6 has the worst wi-fi using one router between 2-3 rooms and the owner will just not accept that this affects performance

At the end of the day - up to you!

Stayed with Dancewatchers many times

First class service

Ive used 1500/night rooms (in 16-566 now) all the way to the big doubles at 3200/night

Only ever has 1-2 small issues and they are dealt with ASAP

All staff ive meet are great

Each room has its own wifi and internet

No bonds ect

Best location

Staying 2 weeks in nice studio with honeys. .. Naklua side with nice view... 48 bucks a night plus taxes. .. includes daily maid service which I did not expect... has washing machine too which is awesome!

Did you rent with Honey's through the coffee shop site or somewhere else like Agoda?

I suffer from PTSD, Post Thailand Stress Disorder =P

honey and dancewatcher are normally cheaper then vtsix.com in my experience. and have rentrd from all 3 on multiple occasions. prefer honey for ease of booking and adjuating if available

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I'm staying at VT6 for the first time this year. I ended up booking with Honey's thru her website. Looks like you have to pay up front on arrival for the full stay plus deposit. 3% surcharge if you use a CC, which is normal for most midrange places in Pattaya.

I didn't think the VT6 daily rates were that completive with hotels in the area, but if you rent on a weekly or monthly basis you can get a good deal on the rooms

Sorry Kash but that's just plain wrong

Daily rates are about 50-60% of what you would pay for a comparable room in a hotel

Then get cheaper for monthly or some start dropping 6-10 night stays then 11-20 etc

And it has to be comparable, that's the difference.

Size, quality, big flat screens, great pay tv packages, individual routers in each room, beautifully appointed bathrooms, outstanding cleaners etc etc etc

Had my first recent stay at VT6 and used DW for the booking. The reason I used DW was first from many recommendations also I liked the website which shows what each room looks like and location. Also having good WIFI is important to me and I had read the WIFI was very fast and strong in their rooms and mine was.

Using Agoda (Honey) and (VTSX) had some nice rates but you can not tell what room you are getting and where it will be located, WS side or Street side.

I really enjoyed my stay the only thing I did not like which was not so bad is the shower pressure sucked and not much shade at the pool.

Sorry Kash but that's just plain wrong

Daily rates are about 50-60% of what you would pay for a comparable room in a hotel

Then get cheaper for monthly or some start dropping 6-10 night stays then 11-20 etc

And it has to be comparable, that's the difference.

Size, quality, big flat screens, great pay tv packages, individual routers in each room, beautifully appointed bathrooms, outstanding cleaners etc etc etc

Good points Like I said I'll be staying at VT6 for the first time this year, but I got a monthly rate so that makes a big difference in price.. Up to this point I've preferred the amenities you get with a hotel, full maid service, staffed lobby and pool area over the condo. Especially when paying the daily rate. But I'll probably have a different opinion after my stay at VT6 this year.

I have booked through Dancewatchers several times, and have nothing but good things to say.  They are prompt and courteous, and the rooms are always immaculate.  All their rooms have excellent quality beds, which for me is surely the most important criteria other than guest policies (which is another great reason to go w/ a private condo).  The only drawbacks which have prohibited me from booking with them at times are limited availability and non-flexibility with changing dates or returning deposits if needing to cancel.  But if those circumstances are not of concern I'd fully recommend.

LM

would agree with lm. only positives to say on both honey and dw

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I want to rent a condo from DW but my flight is 23:55 and I will take taxi at 19:00pm...Did anybody had same problem and had a place to put his baggage after check out time?

I want to rent a condo from DW but my flight is 23:55 and I will take taxi at 19:00pm...Did anybody had same problem and had a place to put his baggage after check out time?

Better to book with VTSIX then as they have office on site, or use honey

Better to book with VTSIX then as they have office on site, or use honey

thanksrobert69

I know honey's website but I have no info about VTSIX? can u give me their website address?

also jasmina condo services, they have office on site and many rooms...

So, I'm starting to narrow down my lodging choices, and Vew Talay 6 seems to be a very strong finalist. However, I'm still a bit puzzled as to which of the providers is the best. 

Seems to be consensus that VT6 is the most expensive of the bunch, but are they worth the extra baht? Dancewatchers and Honeys both seem to have a strong following, and I can't get a feeling for who might be a bit better, or if it's a toss up between the two. 

I'm looking at a two week stay in a studio, or 1 bedroom. (depending on price) A nice studio will work just fine for me, but if there's a 1BR at a close enough rate, then that might be in the mix as well. My preference is to keep it within the 1500-1600 BT price range, or less. Timing will likely be in  March-early April. (there's a strong possibility that I may be able to swing a trip in Nov as well, but that trip will most probably not work out at VT6 due to availability and the seasonal population.

I'm looking for the voice of experience, and your best recommendations.

TIA,

this site has so many good places to stay with maps

so many good places to stay for under 1000 baht

http://pattayaguide.org/category/accommodation

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever stayed in this apartment? http://www.honeyscoffeehouse.com/index.php?option=com_jomres&Itemid=84&task=viewproperty&property_uid=29

What worries me is that there seems to be another roof by the balcony. Do people walk there? Is it noisy?

Why this room you might ask,well I don't smoke so I hardly use the balcony. It's cheaper. It's available. :)

no one walks on that roof. been on a floor higher in the past on the same side. lower is more an issue due to the parking floors

I checked all prices with DW,honeys,jasmina and vtsix

for daily rentals DW is 1700-2000 baht and honeys,jasmina and vtsix are 2000baht & up

DW wants 1000baht cleaning fee even u stay for 1 night and also maid service for 1000-1500 baht a week

honeys,jasmina and vtsix are cleaning included

I have just booked my stay in view talay6 with Dancewatchers.I'm staying 12 nights in one room and five in the other.

both rooms have sea view.

I believe some of the lower floors on one side, are facing directly into the building next door??

Archived