IGNORED

rookie in need of help

blk12b

The Hilton is not girl friendly, you will be charged per girl that stays with you, I have sneaked a few in using the lift from central festival but also got caught and had one of the managers give me a speech about it.

Look into the LK Empress on beach road

I have only stayed 2 nights at this hotel but was also impressed, the décor in the room is a bit OTT but the room, hotel and staff was all very good and it was also GF, also always deals for this hotel on Agoda (don't forget to book via this forum)

Not a sea view but take a look at the Marriot, girl friendly, good location and also pretty much five star

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a sea view but take a look at the Marriot, girl friendly, good location and also pretty much five star

Seconding the Marriott if cost is not a problem. Can get a Deluxe Premier Sea View room for 5700 baht a night.

Easy walking distance from Walking Street, LK Metro, and only a baht bus ride to/from Soi Six (and anywhere else along Beach Road/Second Road).

Here's the Marriott sea view from my balcony in September 2013...

marriott2013

Seconding the Marriott if cost is not a problem. Can get a Deluxe Premier Sea View room for 5700 baht a night.

Easy walking distance from Walking Street, LK Metro, and only a baht bus ride to/from Soi Six (and anywhere else along Beach Road/Second Road).

Here's the Marriott sea view from my balcony in September 2013...

Bro, thanks for the info. Total rookie question, but is it akward walking in with a girl in a big hotel like that. I'm leaning towards lk empress now. Only thing I'm worried about is the street noise if i book street side balcony.

Bro, thanks for the info. Total rookie question, but is it akward walking in with a girl in a big hotel like that. I'm leaning towards lk empress now. Only thing I'm worried about is the street noise if i book street side balcony.

Do not worry about walking in to the hotel with a girl, you are in Pattaya, everyone knows why you are together and no one cares.

I only have 2 nights experience of the LK Empress and I had a sea view room, there was some noise but I hardly noticed it but then I can be a heavy sleeper, either the Marriott or the Empress would be good choices, there are reviews of both hotels on this forum with pictures, several people have mentioned bad service at the Empress but that was not my experience.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

Are you looking for apartment or hotel room?

I'm booked to stay vt6(Dancewatchers) next Thursday for nearly three weeks.

You have to pay deposit. But it is legit

I just booked 8 nights at VT6, sea view, with Honeys, via Agoda.com   checking in next friday, yay!

Reminder, if you click on Agoda links from this forum, they get a commission which helps pay for this great service we all enjoy!

there are several different agencies you can use to book rooms at VT6...  higher floors with southern exposure have the best views, but northern high floors are cool too...

Dancewatchers tends to charge more, and they have nicer amenities in their rooms... they also charge extra for maid service, 1000 baht a month.. their site IS clunky and clumsy, and I have never used them... but many people swear by them!

VT6Condo Service, Honey's, Jasmina, Pat's are all the others I can think of...  if you go to Agoda you will find rooms listed with some of these people.

I like Honey's, they take good care of me... last trip I wanted to check out a few days early and they cheerfully gave me a refund...  good coffee in their little shop too!

as to the negative comments by the other bm about VT6 versus Hilton, they are apples and oranges, VT6 is a condo with many full time residents, it is clean and the lobby floor has restaurants, massage shops, cleaners, and room rental/management offices...  

certainly not the Hilton, but at half the price or less it's a fantastic place to stay, this negative comment is the first one I have ever seen here...

VT6 has a huge following of very happy board members here, and is a great place... of course if you want to pay a ton more to stay in a fancy hotel, you are welcome to!

I like the 48 square meter room, the kitchen and full size fridge, the balcony, the choices of restaurants (and they deliver to the rooms), etc etc.

as to the negative comments by the other bm about VT6 versus Hilton, they are apples and oranges, VT6 is a condo with many full time residents, it is clean and the lobby floor has restaurants, massage shops, cleaners, and room rental/management offices...  

certainly not the Hilton, but at half the price or less it's a fantastic place to stay, this negative comment is the first one I have ever seen here...

VT6 has a huge following of very happy board members here, and is a great place... of course if you want to pay a ton more to stay in a fancy hotel, you are welcome to!

I like the 48 square meter room, the kitchen and full size fridge, the balcony, the choices of restaurants (and they deliver to the rooms), etc etc.

just checked the rates for the same dates at the Hilton, 285 a night not including fees and taxes...  I am paying 588 for 8 nights including fees and taxes...

Sandy Spring Soi 13.  Anything 5th floor up with deluxe sea view will do it. 

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I just booked 8 nights at VT6, sea view, with Honeys, via Agoda.com   checking in next friday, yay!

Reminder, if you click on agoda links from this forum, they get a commission which helps pay for this great service we all enjoy!

there are several different agencies you can use to book rooms at VT6...  higher floors with southern exposure have the best views, but northern high floors are cool too...

Dancewatchers tends to charge more, and they have nicer amenities in their rooms... they also charge extra for maid service, 1000 baht a month.. their site IS clunky and clumsy, and I have never used them... but many people swear by them!

VT6Condo Service, Honey's, Jasmina, Pat's are all the others I can think of...  if you go to agoda you will find rooms listed with some of these people.

I like Honey's, they take good care of me... last trip I wanted to check out a few days early and they cheerfully gave me a refund...  good coffee in their little shop too!

How's the location for this vt6? Is it as safe and secure as a hotel chain?

next door to the Hilton and Central Festival Mall, access to both Beach Road and Second Road depending on where you're going, pretty central between Walking Street and Soi 6, and an easy walk up to LK Metro... for me, it's ideal...

there's 24/7 security at the elevators, and cameras monitoring all the floors, feel totally safe there...  if you're bringing a girl in and want them to take her ID, you stop and they do.  If you don't want them to, you walk on by and smile... if the girl is coming in and you're up in your room, they take her id...

I have stayed in a lot of different places, and have not found anything I like better than VT6... of course, I am not spending 200+ a night for the Hilton either...

I like having more of an apartment with kitchen than just a hotel room too, and since I usually have two girls with me the larger room is nice too!

:)

The Hilton looks like it has the best balconies and views. I would hate to have to stay at a western hotel while I'm there, but you can't beat those rooms. Anyone know if they are GF? If so, how much they charge for more then one guest? Once again thanks for the help guys!

The Hilton is not girl friendly, you will be charged per girl that stays with you, I have sneaked a few in using the lift from central festival but also got caught and had one of the managers give me a speech about it.

I cannot speak to Vortex' experience (or when that happened), but my experience in June (about 5-6 weeks ago) was that the Hilton IS GF -- I was in my room with a girl for 5 straight nights, and I was NEVER charged a joinder fee.  We did have to fill out a form each time, and they took her ID and returned it to her before she left.  I think they also took down her mobile phone number -- seemed like quite a bit of info, but it was NOT done in a way that upset the girl in any way, shape or form.  I went back down with her after our "fun" to get her i.d., and there were other girls waiting for theirs, so I can only assume that more and more mongers are bringing girls back to the Hilton.

Perhaps there was a recent change in policy, but Whitespider has posted that the Hilton has been GF for quite some time.

As far as the rooms at the Hilton go, they are FANTASTIC!

As to other options, I LOVE -- cannot stress that word enough! -- the Marriott, but I have never plunked down the cash for a sea view room.  The location is pretty fantastic, although the location of the Hilton (next to Central Festival) is also pretty damn spectacular.

MUCH cheaper on the price scale, but also great for a sea view room (in my experience) is the Holiday Inn.  Like the Hilton and Marriott, my experience was that it is completely GF.  Great views from the balconies looking out over the sea.  The only downside to the Holiday Inn is that it is at the far end of the "Beach Road/Second Road loop."

I always try to book these hotels when I can book them using points (a subject that I can -- and have -- rambled on about for pages upon pages), and I have NEVER been disappointed by any of them.  

PM me if you want me to walk through some VERY easy/cheap ways that you can score hotel status with Hilton and/or Holiday Inn (gets you some perks like free wifi, free lounge access with breakfast).  Sorry for mongers not based in USA -- these "tricks" are limited to US residents.

Will try to locate some photos for comparison purposes and post them in this thread shortly....

As promised, here are some photos.  Hope these help....

Sadly, I don't have any of my room at the Marriott; I just had lobby (not attached) and pool photos.

Marriott pool area has a VERY "tropical" feel to me, and, because it opens to the beach, it seems to have a nice breeze every time I am there.

Marriott pool.JPG

Holiday Inn has an infinity pool on the third floor (I think) -- very different feel, but a great view.

HI pool.JPG

Here are photos of my room at Holiday Inn and the view from the balcony (which I thought was great)

HI room bed.JPG

HI view day.JPG

The Hilton also has an infinity pool, although it is much higher up than the one at the Holiday Inn -- again, great views!

Hilton (pool) (2).JPG

Here are 2 shots of my room at the Hilton -- one that looks out toward the balcony; the other looks back in toward the bathroom

Hilton (bed).JPG

Hilton (bed and chair).JPG

Finally, I thought my view at the Hilton was SPECTACULAR....and the one from the balcony wasn't bad either!  LOL

Pui in Hilton.JPG

Sorry....last post (for a little while, at least!  LOL)

I should stress that -- as noted in my first post, these rooms were booked using hotel reward points or free nights.

I did NOT include photos from the Pattaya Sheraton, which is INCREDIBLY nice and completely GF, but is in a very inconvenient location.  I still want to get back there (was building my Starwood points for it, but hit a snag), but I would NOT recommend someone on one of his first few trips stay there.

I'm struggling to cobble together another 100,000 Hilton points to go back there, and anticipate that Holiday Inn may get me on my next trip, as it is the program in which I have the best point level for now.

I LOVED the Hilton and Marriott, but both are typically in my "I don't want to spend that much" price range.  Holiday Inn is far more reasonable, but -- when I am paying cash -- I lean toward a hotel like Sea Me Spring, Page 10, etc., which are not necessarily great sea view hotels; I just like their location and price (about 40 less than Holiday Inn).

I just booked 8 nights at VT6, sea view, with Honeys, via Agoda.com checking in next friday, yay!

Reminder, if you click on agoda links from this forum, they get a commission which helps pay for this great service we all enjoy!

there are several different agencies you can use to book rooms at VT6... higher floors with southern exposure have the best views, but northern high floors are cool too...

VT6Condo Service, Honey's, Jasmina, Pat's are all the others I can think of... if you go to agoda you will find rooms listed with some of these people.

I like Honey's, they take good care of me... last trip I wanted to check out a few days early and they cheerfully gave me a refund... good coffee in their little shop too!

More like 1000 per week

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

More like 1000 per week

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I am sure there's better rates, I just looked at Agoda for the same days I rented, and it was 285 a night.

Total rookie question, but is it akward walking in with a girl in a big hotel like that.

Not at all. Marriott is the same deal as most other GF hotels, your girl just hands in her ID to the front desk before you two head upstairs. A couple of times didn't even have to do that, just into the elevator and up you go (coming from the Beach Road entrance, you don't have to pass the front desk to get to the main elevators at the Marriott). It's not that fancy a place where you will have hi-so people in the lobby giving you snobby disapproving looks. Even at the JW Marriott in Bangkok right next to Nana Plaza (which is certainly more ritzy than Marriott Pattaya), no one looks twice when you walk in and go upstairs with a 'guest'.

Daddee - what are Honey's condos listed under on Agoda?  I saw multiple listings for condos in VT6, but not sure which are Honeys.

I'm considering VT6 for my November trip (assuming I don't bulk up my Hilton account with a couple of new credit cards)

Can't begin to tell you how JEALOUS I am that you're making it back so soon!  I was hoping to be there right now.  I just flew back from Hong Kong today and had hoped to squeeze in a 23 day trip to Pattaya, but I have family members coming into town next weekend and have to do quite a bit of "prep work" before they get here.  I love my family, but they CERTAINLY screwed me by coming to visit when they are!  

Doubt I will get another opportunity like this one before November.

Google honey's view talay 6

You will get an agoda link...

:)

Any reason not to book with Honey directly? Is Agoda same price as Honey site?

One thing guys, I know some of you might be checking PA at work or trying to hide it from the missus but please remember that "incognito mode" or the deleting of cookies will prevent this site benefiting. So when booking use a normal window.

Also prices are the same

Countdown Clocks

Looks like that honeys spot is booked up for all of november. Any other suggestions for that building?

Like daddee said,VT6 is in a great location,big pool,full kitchen,have stayed there and have booked to stay in August as well,and has great views.

IMG_3328-web-logo-web_zpsf7208c1d.jpg

IMG_3386-web_zpsaadda8c3.jpg

IMG_3325-web_zps287aca8f.jpg

IMG_3339-web-logo_zps3ebb932f.jpg

My youtube channel .....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxoT31MMwxjrLmj6um_BnlA

2 Weeks in Jomtien trip report, photo heavy and videos.....  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307477-big-g-returns-2-weeks-in-november-photo-heavy-and-some-videos/

First trip report,more then 500 images.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/177415-small-trip-reportbut-heaps-of-photos500-plus/

gonna be looking at this view Friday night, woohoo!  fuck I love Pattaya!!!

Archived